Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by hoodcj1 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:29 pm

I have to say that having been a circle leader for a medium now plying his 'trade' around the world, IMO  this sadly looks like a business rather than some form of channel for Spirit to communicate through.  I would go as far as to say that it is a Variety Performance with the same characters being rolled out week in & week out.  In the 5+ years I was involved in this, I recall very little evidence of any significance.  In fact, more often than not the recipients of the messages were those that had spoken to the 'medium' prior, or in fact were known to him, or had received some form of reading with their partner - the details of the reading seemingly clearly discussed prior to the seance commencing and that information being regurgitated.

Now the conundrum.  It clearly is not genuine, or evidential mediumship, or anything close; but there is phenomena taking place, with levitation, some poor 'ectoplasmic' display, and movement of objects beyond normal human ability.  

Since removing myself from this toxic situation, I have had the opportunity to discuss this with some learned individuals who have experienced this 'show' and feel that a large portion of it is comprised of, ego of the 'medium' mixed with desire of the sitters, and input from another level/dimension is providing the paranormal performance.

I appreciate that this could possibly apply to several mediums mentioned on this forum, but I would prefer to learn what those on this site with serious experience feel may be at play.

hoodcj1


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by mac on Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:27 pm

hoodcj1 wrote:I have to say that having been a circle leader for a medium now plying his 'trade' around the world, IMO  this sadly looks like a business rather than some form of channel for Spirit to communicate through.  I would go as far as to say that it is a Variety Performance with the same characters being rolled out week in & week out.  In the 5+ years I was involved in this, I recall very little evidence of any significance.  In fact, more often than not the recipients of the messages were those that had spoken to the 'medium' prior, or in fact were known to him, or had received some form of reading with their partner - the details of the reading seemingly clearly discussed prior to the seance commencing and that information being regurgitated.

Now the conundrum.  It clearly is not genuine, or evidential mediumship, or anything close; but there is phenomena taking place, with levitation, some poor 'ectoplasmic' display, and movement of objects beyond normal human ability.

Since removing myself from this toxic situation, I have had the opportunity to discuss this with some learned individuals who have experienced this 'show' and feel that a large portion of it is comprised of, ego of the 'medium' mixed with desire of the sitters, and input from another level/dimension is providing the paranormal performance.

I appreciate that this could possibly apply to several mediums mentioned on this forum, but I would prefer to learn what those on this site with serious experience feel may be at play.
I believe such situations have been discussed in the past both here and elsewhere and a search of the archives should reveal what was said.  It's hard to find anything in the above with which to disagree but whether it really is a conundrum depends on what's being advertised, offered or expected.  

I'm a simple guy and mediumship for me primarily means evidential mediumship and those who are Spiritualists would (I think) probably agree.  But the production of physical phenomena alone may be seen/expected by others as acceptable evidence of spirit communication and if that's what they get at a demonstration presumably they'll be satisfied.  If, though, evidence of survival and communication via mediumship is expected there may be disappointment.  

I've lost count of the times I've been told off for suggesting that some individuals attend demonstrations more to witness vivid phenomena than to find evidence of survival but provided that a demonstration is correctly advertised an informed choice may be made over whether to attend.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:53 pm

Thanks for sharing that with us and you are welcome on the forum. I think you will find that most of us here are of a very similar mind to you about this subject.

It is an area that is well worth discussion, I always feel, as you say
a large portion of it is comprised of,
ego of the 'medium' mixed with desire of the sitters, and input from another level/dimension is providing the paranormal performance
I genuinely believe that we are capable of generating many of the effects obtained by telekinesis. However that fails to explain the
information being regurgitated
as survival evidence or
the same characters being rolled out week in & week out
. I agree that is a conundrum and I fail to see why Spirit, or at least a higher level of Spirit, would keep doing this if they are involved.

I have the same reservations about much that passes as physical mediumship currently because the evidence given is so poor compared to the work of decent mental mediums.

Once again thanks for joining the forum and commenting.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by Lis on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:15 am

hoodcj1 wrote:I have to say that having been a circle leader for a medium now plying his 'trade' around the world, IMO  this sadly looks like a business rather than some form of channel for Spirit to communicate through.  I would go as far as to say that it is a Variety Performance with the same characters being rolled out week in & week out.  In the 5+ years I was involved in this, I recall very little evidence of any significance.  In fact, more often than not the recipients of the messages were those that had spoken to the 'medium' prior, or in fact were known to him, or had received some form of reading with their partner - the details of the reading seemingly clearly discussed prior to the seance commencing and that information being regurgitated.

Now the conundrum.  It clearly is not genuine, or evidential mediumship, or anything close; but there is phenomena taking place, with levitation, some poor 'ectoplasmic' display, and movement of objects beyond normal human ability.  

Since removing myself from this toxic situation, I have had the opportunity to discuss this with some learned individuals who have experienced this 'show' and feel that a large portion of it is comprised of, ego of the 'medium' mixed with desire of the sitters, and input from another level/dimension is providing the paranormal performance.

I appreciate that this could possibly apply to several mediums mentioned on this forum, but I would prefer to learn what those on this site with serious experience feel may be at play.
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

First, I would like to say I admire any person who has dedicated over five years of their time, as a circle leader and séance attendee, with the intent to bring through evidence of survival to our world. It is therefore, I am sure, not only very disappointing but also disillusioning to find at the end of that time they have neither seen or heard any evidence of significance, and are left with the perception that what was occurring in the séance room was little more than a performance, and not necessarily an entirely honest one at that.

Physical mediumship, and in particular so called materialisation mediumship has, from the earliest examples, been a field filled with controversy, uncertainty, and more than a little fraud. There are many examples of 'mediums' in this area of endeavour over the past 150+ years who have turned out to be nothing but fraudulent, while others have demonstrated 'mixed' mediumship; that is, have exhibited a mixture of genuine phenomena and fraudulent embellishment purporting to be communication from the spirit world.

The difficulty is, and always has been, how to discern what is genuine and what is not. More, how to establish whether what is not genuine is the result of deliberate deception or arising from the unconscious need of the 'medium' has always been notoriously difficult. Certainly, it seems that there are some who are able to produce apparent phenomena of what might be a psycho-kinetic nature - the movement of objects, etc. Such phenomena, do not, in themselves, provide evidence of survival of the human spirit, but it is often such phenomena that impresses people and leads them to believe, based on what the 'medium' or their apparent 'controls' state, that it is spirit directed.

Such phenomena, coupled with purported manifestations or messages from supposed loved ones in spirit can have a powerful impact on people. For that reason there is a very significant duty that falls on the 'medium' and that person's supporters, to ensure that what occurs in the séance room is all that it purports to be. When it is not, there is an equal duty to speak out and call attention to what is not right.

You have expressed concerns about the mediumship of the person with whom you were connected in the past. It is evident that you entered into that relationship with sincere intent and dedication and have found yourself no longer so certain of what was occurring in the séance room. You are not the first to find yourself concerned about the validity of what went on, nor, sadly, will you be the last. Yet others will continue to believe that everything that happens is spirit driven, despite the evidence to the contrary.

Thank you for your comments and your honesty.

Lis
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by hoodcj1 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:25 am

I would like to say thank you too all those that have commented. I have almost felt complicit in these 'events' as I had not aired my genuine concerns at the time. It was eating me up to the point that I felt it necessary to air them.
I must have experienced in excess of 100 séances, with many of them being public demonstrations. All of which I entered with an overwhelming desire for the people most in need were those that received the message. Every time I was hopeful that this would occur, and mostly I was disappointed.
I tried as best I could to remove my wants and desires from the séance room, but would consistently see those who had a form of interaction with the 'medium' prior receive the messages.

Anyway, I thank you for allowing me the freedom to express my long-contained feelings, and not be hung, drawn or quartered over them.
All the best.

hoodcj1


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by mac on Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:49 am

"Anyway, I thank you for allowing me the freedom to express my long-contained feelings, and not be hung, drawn or quartered over them."

It's perhaps a shame you left it so long before expressing your concerns here or elsewhere - and this would be one website where you'd never be hung, drawn or quartered for doing it......

Well said Mac, on this forum, truthful statements, and heartfelt admissions of concerns will never be treated with casualness. We all have, at times, believed in a medium or a phenomena and subsequently found it not to be as much as or as genuine as it first appeared.

Lis


Last edited by mac on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed surplus word)

mac


Back to top Go down

Physical mediumship

Post by LeroyC on Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Dear hoodcj1,

Thank you for airing your views on this matter. I only wish more people (some whom claim to be well versed in 'physical mediumship' ) had the guts to speak out.

This is the major bone of contention I have regarding 'modern physical mediumship'. To many its becoming a business, and often its the 'wanabees' who have delusions above their so called abilities.

Fortunately on this forum I have been able to express my views previously and been treated with respect and understanding. We do not all agree, but then that is the nature of debate. I don't know the best way to deal with this, so I thought I would put MY views as they stand today with the following points:

Physical mediumship has been tainted with FRAUD. I am afraid I am pretty sure I have witnessed this, at least in one so called medium of today. That said there has been marvelous evidential physical phenomena, and at its best and purest is the highest form of mediumship.

I have been in the movenent over 40 years. I also have attended well over 100 physical seances and witnessed almost all the phenomena there is, including materialisation and held and spoke to the spirit people.

I am on the verge, after all this time of having nothing more to do with Spiritualism, I am despondent with it

I am sick of these so called mediums who dare to grace Spiritualist platforms and spout crap. Many have never sat in a proper development circle; some are psychics and know nothing about Spiritualism, while those that are in so called 'charge' dilute the truth of Survival by allowing and supporting all sorts of new age philosophies which have NOTHING to do with survival.

Spiritualism is becoming awash with 'premadonna' so called 'physical mediums'. Many of these individuals are at great pains to tell us what fantastic phenomena they get, and of course attract a band of followers who are bedazzled by the wonders they perform ( fake or otherwise ). Problem is, as the thread states, there is little or NO evidence.

In my mind that is NOT Spiritualism. You only have to read the annals of Spiritualism to realise what quality evidence HAS been produced, but why not today???...Comercialism and quick fixes I fear. That was not the Spiritualism I was brought up with.

I only wish I could say that Spiritualism is on the up again; but it is not, and I fear it may well fade away all together. After over 40 years I feel my efforts have been very much in vain, but I cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel so to speak...If anyone can, then let me know!!

LeroyC

LeroyC


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by hiorta on Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi LeroyC. I'd say that the seekers of any given time can only be presented with the quality of evidence that they collectively have earned. Perhaps they don't need the levels of evidence of different times?
Like yourself I have been privileged to have heard the best Mediums of those times and had irrefutable personal evidence that Life truly continues beyond death, although I turned away from 'physical' Mediumship a long time ago.
As well as attempting to comfort the mourner, Mediumship can lift the recipient onto greater heights of personal growth in many ways always provided the individual wants to go there.
And here's the rub. We have become Nations of onlookers, of critical observers, of non-doers. "Someone else can attend to it - I'm too busy being wonderful" seems to sum up today's inertia.
So, we get as is earned - in every department.
This outlook seemed to begin with Thacherisms focus exclusively on the outer material self, not necessarily a bad thing, but the equilibrium of everyday values did change and many things changed in line with it.
Evolution and all that. But we can only receive as was given.


Last edited by hiorta on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
hiorta


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:47 am

hoodcj1 wrote:I would like to say thank you too all those that have commented.  I have almost felt complicit in these 'events' as I had not aired my genuine concerns at the time.  It was eating me up to the point that I felt it necessary to air them.  
I must have experienced in excess of 100 séances, with many of them being public demonstrations.  All of which I entered with an overwhelming desire for the people most in need were those that received the message.  Every time I was hopeful that this would occur, and mostly I was disappointed.
I tried as best I could to remove my wants and desires from the séance room, but would consistently see those who had a form of interaction with the 'medium' prior receive the messages.

Anyway, I thank you for allowing me the freedom to express my long-contained feelings, and not be hung, drawn or quartered over them.
All the best.
I do not think you should feel complicit because you entered the role as circle leader for all the best of reasons with the intent of helping others by the highest possible proof that could be given for the survival of loved one's. I would also assume that you were told by the "Spirit Communicators" that as the circle met regularly the development would lead to results at a higher level, better evidence, light and genuine proof.

You had every reason to try for this and undoubtedly if you heard external queries to be upset that the "medium" was being challenged. My own personal wish would have been that your efforts were rewarded with success not disappointment. Once again thanks for sharing.

avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:50 am

As to a section in your first post about the séances being
a Variety Performance
Dark séances effectively started as one forming part of the early vaudeville routines, an entertainment. Lis and I are still working through the research on a detailed chronology of the history of physical mediumship and dark séances. On a superficial basis it started with the Koons Spirit house, closely followed by Tippies and one other we have just come across. Sadly Koons was caught in fraud by a stout supporter of his, who Koons was visiting. The man was a publisher of one of the early Spiritualist newspapers.

However the success of Koons led to the arrival of the Davenport Brothers. I have been part of a group researching these for work on behalf of Marc Demarest (who started the project and has detailed research of his own which we have all shared) based on a detailed chronology of all available reports/articles/ books etc of them from start to Ira's death. It is clear that their performances, once they first went on the road were all about the show and nothing about proof of survival. Their clearly documented exposures were too many to list and they gave up any claims of a Spirit influence early in their journeys. Indeed it was only the Spiritualists who tried to claim Spirit influence for them. Naturally they were happy to remain silent, it increased ticket sales.  Anna Eva Fay, who fooled William Crookes, took this to another level ending up as the first female associate member of the Magic Circle.

So "physical mediumship" as a variety show is nothing new, the whole idea is as old as the Davenport Brothers. It may be sad but its true. However, there have also been some bright shining stars of real mediumship which we can look at and admire.


Last edited by Admin on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by obiwan on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:16 am

As I have commented elsewhere IMHO physical mediumship can be the most evidential form of mediumship, far more so than clairvoyance. It has certainly had its share of fraudulent practitioners however so has clairvoyance. In some ways it's a lot easier to determine fraud in physical mediumship than mental mediumship.

When comparing the evidential mediumship of people like Leslie Flint, John Sloan, Alec Harris and Emily French for example, it seems to me much more evidential than the best clairvoyance.

Clairvoyance and other forms of mental mediumship, it seems to me, are often littered with vague messages and both cold and hot reading.

I think it's good that hoodcj1 has written openly about their experiences. It can be difficult to accept after having been so committed that all was not as it seemed. We're all fallible. I am sure there are many lessons in it.

@leroyc - excellent observations.

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by Soloman on Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:34 am

Mr Hood,
It takes someone with very little knowledge of physical mediumship to be aware of to whom you are making reference. May I suggest, if you would like an opinion on the mediumship of David Thompson, that you consult the two recent articles published in Psychic News. I trust you would consider this publication worthy of "expert" status given it is complied in a manner similar to that of peer review. On reading these articles you will find what I consider to be glowing reports of Mr Thompson's mediumship.
Furthermore, I must say I am questioning the intention and integrity of some of the users of this very website as their posts are nothing more than rants which are often biased and vengeful by nature. To assist this website to be credible forum then users must adopt a more balanced and informed approach.

Soloman


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by mac on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:22 am

Discussion forums see contributions of all kinds and those with which you disagree you are free to challenge. You're coming in rather later for that though....

Your comments are noted as are your concerns about the website's credibility - I suspect the website's owners won't lose any sleep about the latter!

I'm much more interested, though, in what you have to say about the thread topic rather than your opinions about the website's credibility or members' integrity.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:29 am

Ah the wisdom of Soloman from Australia (the IP address is very clear and now logged by admin) either Mr Thompson or someone close to him, now we had attempted not to reveal the name but you happily spread it out before us. Now I admire Hoodcj1 for speaking out after many years as a circle leader who strongly defended someone, who he had helped personally at a difficult time for the medium and who was one of his staunchest supporters.

Now the Psychic News articles really added nothing to what we know of DT's mediumship no new items, more of the same that Roy Stemman, Psychic News Chairman and producer of the Paranormal Review web site, reported in a much less supportive vein, Roy's report echoes much that I have heard from others over the last few years but not reported on the forum. Indeed this site, or its Admin, do not support Dark Séance's and additionally we quietly await a reasoned response to all the questions posed to DT on this site but not just by the admins here but by the many people who collated them on other web sites.

Now Mr Hood, who you name and Paul Barker an even longer term circle leader of Mr Thompson both raise significant points. They represent what was once over ten years friendship, support and experience with him. Who amongst the many random visitors to his séances could speak better about him

I also note the comment
this very website as their posts are nothing more than rants which are often biased and vengeful by nature
the only two people I know who refer to the posts on here as rants are Messrs Thompson and Zammit.

There is nothing on here that could be interpreted as a rant. there are reasonable questions reasonably written and factually based. Indeed, over recent years, we have left the subject of Mr Thompson and his wholesale journeys around the world alone as far as is possible on this forum. Of course where the material appears in a credible place then we have picked up on the content but only when others are talking.

However, should Mr Thompson and his friends want to re open debate on here maybe it would be quite good. Generally we have seen them enter the fray elsewhere and with the tendency for rudeness in attacking the forum, its opinions and particularly the people involved. Of course the attacks ignore the factual questions raised.

It is the sadness of the situation, it seems we stand with Mr Hood, Paul Barker, Roy Stemman and others in suggesting a detailed series of fully independent test séances should be run, preferably using modern equipment to finally verify what goes on in the dark. I note that the inclusion of scientists is part of other peoples suggestions too.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:42 am

I also noted that hoodcj1 posted as mediocrity in physical mediumship, I believe one of his issues that over his long years none of the promised developments occurred to quote
I would go as far as to say that it is a Variety Performance with the same characters being rolled out week in & week out.  In the 5+ years I was involved in this, I recall very little evidence of any significance.
I believe Mr Barker may tell a similar story, albeit I know that he states categorically that none of the celebrity characters appeared at any time in the Haymist Circle and he did not see their appearance as an improvement.

Anyway lest anyone be unaware of the issues raised upon this forum.
http://www.spiritualismlink.com/t672-questions-for-david-thompson
This thread remains locked to prevent any misguided postings. It clearly indicates a full range of queries arising from many different people and sources. In reality Mr Hood's comments add to this.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by Lis on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:58 am

Soloman wrote:Mr Hood,
It takes someone with very little knowledge of physical mediumship to be aware of to whom you are making reference. May I suggest, if you would like an opinion on the mediumship of David Thompson, that you consult the two recent articles published in Psychic News. I trust you would consider this publication worthy of "expert" status given it is complied in a manner similar to that of peer review. On reading these articles you will find what I consider to be glowing reports of Mr Thompson's mediumship.
Furthermore, I must say I am questioning the intention and integrity of some of the users of this very website as their posts are nothing more than rants which are often biased and vengeful by nature. To assist this website to be credible forum then users must adopt a more balanced and informed approach.
Hi Solomon,

I am sure most people on this forum who live in England at least would indeed be aware of recent articles in Psychic News about the medium you have chosen to name. I would just point out, with no disrespect intended to the Editor or Board of that publication, I do not believe that the publication or the articles represent "expert status" nor that articles that appear in Psychic News are "compiled in a manner similar to that of peer review."

The articles written by the editor represent, in my view, no more than many other articles and reports written about the medium you named or other mediums for that matter. It presented the personal view of the writer and offered a report on an event that they had attended which, on reading of the articles, appears to have been well perceived by them.

An article, even a glowing one, written by one person, does not by any stretch of imagination represent an endorsement of any medium. There was an event, which the editor decided was newsworthy and as such they wrote about it. That did not, and cannot constitute a definitive statement by an expert which has been peer reviewed.

Clearly you are a supporter of the mediumship of the medium you named. That is your right and good luck to you. I have no problem with you expressing your personal views about that person's mediumship, however, I do have a problem with unwarranted attacks on the integrity and intention of the forum users and with unjustified and unsupported claims of bias or that posts on this forum are vengeful by nature. I also have a problem with you denigrating a person, who you claim you know the identity of, merely because you hold an alternative view of a given medium. For my money, if the original poster is who you appear to claim, I think they might well have a far better and more accurate view of the medium they were involved with for what was apparently a significant period of time.


Last edited by Lis on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:51 am; edited 2 times in total

Lis
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:37 am

It is interesting that, after the break up between Mr Thompson and his last Circle leader Mr Hood the latter retained ownership of the original circle of the silver cord web site and the name cosc.

On Roy Stemman's final review of Mr Thompson's mediumship in his blog 'Paranormal Review' (Remembering Roy Stemman has not revised his opinion even though he is chairman of Psychic News) "From the sublime to the absurd" http://www.paranormalreview.com/index.php/from-the-sublime-to-the-absurd/

This little exchange took place between what appears to be Mr Hood, or his partner, and Mr Thompson
cosc  
• a year ago  
A wonderfully incisive article.  David's ambition and goal to be known and remunerated for that is what in my opinion drives him.  Having sat with him for many a year, I was forced to re-evaluate all he stood for when it came to his conduct away from "his performances".  In my opinion he didn't "walk the walk", he wouldn't meditate, ground himself or reach out to those in need unless they presented themselves at his doorstep.  It was just too much for me to stomach.

I have had the opportunity to speak to a few very well respected, and internationally renowned mediums about my time, and they all hold the same line - His desire and ambition completely overshadow what small element of genuine spirit there is in any séance.  It has been mentioned that as his desire is not to serve Spirit wholly, that he may be allowing inadvertently lower-level entities into the séance room who purport to be known individuals and loved ones.  This view is further enforced by the lack of evidence and substance.  
Treat it as a variety performance, don't be misled that it is genuine spirit contact - sadly.
   


David Thompson > cosc  
• 11 months ago  

Don't get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects.
Of course this article follows Roy's earlier one "Still in the dark over Thompson séances"  http://www.paranormalreview.com/index.php/still-in-the-dark-over-thompson-seances/

Then there is Roy's piece here http://www.paranormalreview.com/index.php/david-thompson-replies-then-refuses-to-give-answers/ In which he replied to an article published by Spirit of PN where Mr Thompson only wrote if no comments could be posted on the thread, a unique qualification which Sue Farrow  (now editor of Psychic News) allowed.  

The Spirit of PN article was here http://spiritofpn.wordpress.com/2011/10/20/physical-medium-david-thompson-speaks-exclusively-to-spirit-of-pn/ where Mr Thompson was given a free kick at his adversaries and took full advantage, but Roy's piece addresses the balance.

Of course this followed the first publication of Roy's original piece by Spirit of PN, because of technical issues on his own site, which drew extensive comments http://spiritofpn.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/david-thompson-seance-%E2%80%93-spirit-or-flesh/  

By gad I think I have missed one of Roy's posts because at some stage then hoodcj1 posted as well simply agreeing that Mr Thompson should be rigorously tested. Oh I did Let’s get physical… or did we? http://www.paranormalreview.com/index.php/lets-get-physical-or-did-we/

but still can't track that original comment by hoodcj1 but it is mentioned somewhere in all of this.


Last edited by Admin on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:58 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:43 am

Woops missed one of Roy's http://www.paranormalreview.com/index.php/thompson-decides-to-answer-seance-questions/
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by mac on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:20 am

"David Thompson > cosc
• 11 months ago

Don't get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects."


I must have missed this gem first time round!

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:38 am

So did I Mac, it was only the wisdom of Solomon of the house of "David" that got me looking around to find this. It is interesting to see this post because one of Davids ex friends said he did not do break ups well. This may seem to indicate that it may be worth hearing more from Paul Barker, ex wife Bianca, the couple who ran his first circle in Australia, the Ausimist in Sydney & Chris Hood plus Rosheen Chris's partner; David's previous business manager.

I thank Solomon of the house of "David" for posting.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by mac on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:50 am

Is Roy Stemman's website operational? It doesn't appear to have been updated recently unless I'm missing something....

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:59 am

Hi Mac the links on here work Roy changed back to this site because of problms elsewhere.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by obiwan on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:04 am

I would say the opinion of David Thompson's former circle leader carried some weight.

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:18 am

I agree Obi and now we have the opinions of Paul Barker and Chris Hood. Over 10 years of being David Thompson's Circle Leader. Surely all rational people would be looking at this information and wondering what is happening. Clearly these questions require very special test seances to prove the claims made by Mr Thompson.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Mediocrity in Physical Mediumship An Inside View

Post by mac on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:50 am

Admin wrote:Hi Mac the links on here work Roy changed back to this site because of problms elsewhere.
I followed the link, Jim, got into the website but it all looked old - nothing new and nothing recently dated....

mac


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum