SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your opinion

+8
Rev Deb
mandy
Bill
Admin
mac
obiwan
zerdini
iceblue
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Your opinion Empty Your opinion

Post by iceblue Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:51 am

Gday all,doing an online class one of the students had an experience,she relayed what she had seen and drew a picture,a shaman type bloke done a reading for her?tell me what you think,and dont hold back!

This is what he wrote pertaining to a vision in circle!!
Hey i'm glad i could assist.... i understand why Elaine could have picked up on an alien feel... the ancients and their shamanic descendants operate on a different vibrational level and this is alien to us at first... I even had that feel when i first saw your picture.. good artwork btw.... i like the feel of it.... the alien feel is mulitplied by your painting and the enigmatic nature of it.... you painted it not quite knowing yourself and this radiates through it.... the landscape is startingly similar to Breezes painting... wow..... I know this is as i said.. a shamanic journey..... very meaningful... do you have beads??... i'm getting you handling beads..... you should use them to connect to this shaman/guide....... yep........ the eagle is above you..... showing you the way
one eye... watching you....hmmm .... cool.... why do you need to cover your heart chakra?...... like protecting something?.... i see you running through a village... clutching your chest as if there is a baby in your arms but there isnt..... yes..... i get you tripping over and grazing a knee.... in the yellow/white dust.... even then you hold this,whatever it is, to your chest....... you could of stopped your fall and protected your knee but you clutched on to it instead... i dont get it??....... whatever it is it's valuable to you or the tribe... it comes to me as gems.... like jewells... a feather is released and it floats as you die.. to drift on..... and land again... whoa.... oh my thats strong.. and beautiful...... theres your eagle.... the one watching you..... it's your soul... your real
other-energy, your navigator........ cool

Is it me??or is this just totally screwed up??didnt want to use the F word.Is it supposed to be a past life reading??He did not like it when i told him it was a good example of a bad reading,i dont like outsiders interfering with circle!Your thoughts?ib

iceblue

Back to top Go down

Your opinion Empty Re: Your opinion

Post by zerdini Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:48 am

Hi ib

It's neither worth time nor energy commenting on what is patent rubbish. It has not the slightest connection to Spiritualism.

Cheers

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:15 am

zerdini wrote:Hi ib

It's neither worth time nor energy commenting on what is patent rubbish. It has not the slightest connection to Spiritualism.

Cheers

Z
...however having said that I will, unqualified as I am (fools rush in etc). I am actually pleased you put this on IB because it's a great example of the kind of thing that makes me cringe. Absolutely devoid of any evidence whatsoever, complimentary of course (call me a cynic) but I often think this is a way of getting someone to like what is being said and to drop any kind of critical thinking, then you need another reading, and another etc. Worse than valueless I agee.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:01 pm

I agree with all the above... Sad

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by iceblue Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:36 pm

obiwan wrote:
zerdini wrote:Hi ib

Cheers

Z
...however having said that I will, unqualified as I am (fools rush in etc). I am actually pleased you put this on IB because it's a great example of the kind of thing that makes me cringe. Absolutely devoid of any evidence whatsoever, complimentary of course (call me a cynic) but I often think this is a way of getting someone to like what is being said and to drop any kind of critical thinking, then you need another reading, and another etc. Worse than valueless I agee.

Yes well iam using it as an example for my students on how not to read,it lacks everything and contains nothing.I told the bloke how i felt,he got very upset whaa whaaa,absolute rubbish,thanks for your input guys Duncan.

iceblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:34 pm

Hi I agree with all of you good example to use Ice what not to do and the risks of "internet training"

Cheers

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iceblue Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:55 pm

Admin wrote:Hi I agree with all of you good example to use Ice what not to do and the risks of "internet training"

Cheers

Jim
The circle itself is actually going better than i thought it would as i must say i share similar concerns.The lady drew a picture of what she saw and put it on the open forum,which is for mediumship mind you,and this shaman bloke came up with this rubbish.
Thanks for your input guys,duncan

iceblue

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:03 am

OK - perhaps that mitigates it slightly if one regards it as a spiritualist Dilbert Wink

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:33 am

this shaman bloke came up with this rubbish.

Too many letters in 'shaman' - should be SHAM!

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Well said Zerdini!

Back to top Go down

Post by iceblue Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:13 am

How's this,some lady just joined she wants to join in the circle,she then tells me that iam holding students back if i dont let them practice things like shamanism!!!What the!
My reply to her was "yes well maybe you should take the circle,good bye all" and i have left em as quick as i joined em.Only 1 student who done extremely well understands Spiritualism.
I told them i cannot use shamanism to teach you mediumship,i cannot use astrology to teach you mediumship,i cannot use physical mediumship to teach you mental mediumship,but they dont seem to understand,except the one bloke,who's father was a minister in a Spiritualist church.
All this new age crap just clogs their mind with jumbled garbage,it is not good for developing mediumship.
Am i wrong in my approach to teaching?The students that have come before me in the past have all done well,no need for new age crap.??Duncan

iceblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:54 am

Hi Ice,

Yes I well understand you after 5 years running an open group. It can get disheartening as you stoick by your principles. I started a Foundation course recently and the 3 new agers who were into everything left after one visit the other 10 are fine.

I absloutely agree with ethpoints you are making.

Cheers

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:45 am

Me too!

'Old Age' is best.

Cheers

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:06 am

iceblue wrote:How's this,some lady just joined she wants to join in the circle,she then tells me that iam holding students back if i dont let them practice things like shamanism!!!What the!
My reply to her was "yes well maybe you should take the circle,good bye all" and i have left em as quick as i joined em.Only 1 student who done extremely well understands Spiritualism.
I told them i cannot use shamanism to teach you mediumship,i cannot use astrology to teach you mediumship,i cannot use physical mediumship to teach you mental mediumship,but they dont seem to understand,except the one bloke,who's father was a minister in a Spiritualist church.
All this new age crap just clogs their mind with jumbled garbage,it is not good for developing mediumship.
Am i wrong in my approach to teaching?The students that have come before me in the past have all done well,no need for new age crap.??Duncan

I've sometimes reproached myself for feeling the way that ib does!

Reading other forums, HealthyPages particularly, there is the most hopeless jumble of 'new age' accounts of contributors' psychic experiences, but recounted as if they are spiritual in origin. If I were mischievous I might throw Reiki in that same pot Razz Laughing Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by iceblue Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:59 am

If ppl are into the new age thing then thats their choice.But if you want me to teach you mediumship do not bring it to my circle for mediumship development,a head full of jumble will not leave it clear for spirit.
It must be hard for some ppl to get their head around,they literally think that shamanism is mediumship,how do you change their thinking?we dont we wait for them to work it out themselves?
Hey Z is it "OLD AGE" or simple basic truths that have not changed because natural law is perfect in every way it does not need to change,for me its not old age,but it is part of life. Very Happy
Maybe you guys have rubbed off on me too much!! Laughing We cant have mediumship development groups,contacting aliens,using astrology,or asking to see their animal totem,end up with a heap of blossom goodchilds Laughing Laughing Duncan

iceblue

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:01 am

iceblue wrote:If ppl are into the new age thing then thats their choice.But if you want me to teach you mediumship do not bring it to my circle for mediumship development,a head full of jumble will not leave it clear for spirit.
It must be hard for some ppl to get their head around,they literally think that shamanism is mediumship,how do you change their thinking?we dont we wait for them to work it out themselves?
Hey Z is it "OLD AGE" or simple basic truths that have not changed because natural law is perfect in every way it does not need to change,for me its not old age,but it is part of life. Very Happy
Maybe you guys have rubbed off on me too much!! Laughing We cant have mediumship development groups,contacting aliens,using astrology,or asking to see their animal totem,end up with a heap of blossom goodchilds Laughing Laughing Duncan

Smile Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:50 pm

Gee Ice,

Tell it like it is and some will go but when you look around the good ones are still there. Some are so new in their journey that the excitement is too much and the simple truths too apparently boring.

A couple of years ago I had two visit my development circle the girl had her guies with her rock(I mean the real geological one), the totem pole and wolf (the animal version) her then boy friend a self professed black magic warlock had the usual ragbag. Two around one had archangel Raphael and her friend had Jesus. the next of the 16 had an ascended master.

I took a look around and said.......let me outa here.......but took a deep breath. Lost most of them cos I was boring but that first girl had found her guide and kept coming in some crucial way it did change her life. Think I have been visited by every possible new age variant and a few who had there own mental guidance.

Many many days of thought and contemplating retreat to one of my Yeti caves yeti in the Himalayas but I am still standing............I think (occasionally its too much and the numbing soporific I use leaves me horizontal).

Lol mate you have joined us out here in the brave new age its rough, tough and I have not got an indigo child unlike most of them (or as they believe they do have ... to avoid the issues of behavioural problems and learning to love their junior as they really are, an occasionally lovely spirit who they are guilty of wishing to strangle frequently for the childs lesser moments).

I bet some Spiritualist miscreant has rewritten onward christian soldiers using spiritual words maybe we all need it now so onward spiritualist soldiers. Let us fight them in the outer arms of the galaxy, in the lower astral realms, in the world of wicca, in the Bermuda Triangle, throughout the island of Atlantis, dodging the mayan calendar, avoiding the spaceships to ascend us cos when we took the metal off our belts the trousers fell down and the transceiver beam missed us, along the old pagan trail, in the wilderness of the shamans (which is actually Siberia and Mongolia not North America) etc etc (add your own favourite new age vision please). jog We don't need to go to North America the Indian Guides there are still scratching their heads cos they think white people are strange and ain't it the truth. Clearly they, the aborigines and the wild men of the Kalahari know much more than us.

Good luck there mate that was a tough but correct call.

Cheers

Jim ( I must sign off there the men in white coats tell me I have voices in my ear they are very nice and offering me mind enhancing inducements hypnotize ) woohoo
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:11 pm

Very Happy D D D D D D D

All that gave me a good chuckle Jim!!!! And yet you're bang on. I like the .gifs too! Razz

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:23 pm

I thought Indigo children meant that they had been treated for ringworm. Go figure..

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by iceblue Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:08 pm

They are dirty on me for leaving them,lol,!!!
It would be very irresponsible of me to try and teach these ppl mediumship with the understanding many of them have,maybe in a few years?Last week it was "meet your guide" the bloke who understands Spiritualism done very well,his guide showed himself to me then to the student,i was able to push him right up to getting the details of the guides face - a close up,he really done well.Just goes to show eh.
Oh Jim you and Lis must see some sights!A self confessed black magician?Does he do shows Laughing .
In every circle i have sat in,conducted,taught,it has been nothing but spirit,none of these other things ever come up,it goes against the grain allowing new age ideas to even be thought about.
Pmsl ring worm obi.Duncan

iceblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:42 am

Well done Ice.
Stick to your guns mate.

Bill

Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by iceblue Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:33 pm

Bill wrote:Well done Ice.
Stick to your guns mate.

Bill
Thanks Bill,long time no speak!Hows things mate?Duncan

iceblue

Back to top Go down

Post by mandy Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Hi everyone

mm very interesting. I can see where you are coming from. I think the problem is that alot of forums out there and teaching sites welcome all forms of spirituality. The Spiritualist church welcomes all faiths but they teach Spiritualism...note the S lol.

In my opinion alot of people do not see Spiritualism as a religion they see it as being a belief in the afterlife. I was guilty of this myself before I actually learned what Spiritualism is. I think you did right Iceblue to put your foot down because it is like going onto a Christian site and asking to be tought about Buddhism....it is two seperate things.

I do feel that people can learn alot from other religions and other peoples experiences but there is a lack of knowledge I feel about the whole concept of Spiritualism and it's religion.

Do you want to teach me Ice lol?

Sorry to go off topic but I have gone to my church circle for the past 3 weeks and I have been really excited when I went but when I have got there I have felt deflated as soon as I have sat down and sorry for myself and even the other day I was feeling angry and I don't know why. It has been very different lately and I just don't know if it is me or what? Has anyone else experienced this when sitting in a circle or is it me?

Love and Light

Mandy xx

mandy

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:32 pm

"In my opinion alot of people do not see Spiritualism as a religion they see it as being a belief in the afterlife." Very likely!

"......because it is like going onto a Christian site and asking to be tought about Buddhism" Well put. The very situation we Spiritualists can face here when confronted by members who have little idea or interest in Spiritualism as a whole - sometimes they appear simply to be fascinated by psychic or other peripheral issues.....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by iceblue Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:58 am

Dont get me wrong in that i dislike these new age things,if ppl wish to get into them thats fine,students must understand that in mediumship the teacher will push you past the psychic to spirit,you only work with spirit,not animal totems or tarot cards or any tool of any sort or any other religion.
In general many things like tarot cards are accepted,psychic readings etc,but there seems very little education in how to differentiate types of phenomena the psychic reading V spirit reading.In many readings i get both spirit and psychic,and really you should tell the recipient whats from spirit and whats from them.
Teaching online iam in two minds about.One student believed he was seeing his guide i asked his guide to show himself to me,the student then relayed to me what he was seeing i even pushed him for a close up and name,and i tell ya what he was spot on with everything, he was describing the guide i saw.But then you have the problem of not having your student face to face,which brings many problems.
Can only teach so much over the net,much better in a circle at home or church.Your probably too far advanced Mandy for me to teach you over the net!But if ya do want a little session iam sure we could organize a few others to join in.
I did note the S in Spiritualism Laughing I too have been making an effort to use the capital S.Duncan

iceblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum