SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Spiritualists Claim Guides From Other Races/Tribes 2

+3
Admin
mac
Jim River
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should Spiritualists Claim Guides From Other Races/Tribes 2 Empty Should Spiritualists Claim Guides From Other Races/Tribes 2

Post by Jim River Wed May 08, 2013 9:37 am

I'm interested Robert. Tell me of White Feather.

Jim River

Back to top Go down

Should Spiritualists Claim Guides From Other Races/Tribes 2 Empty Re: Should Spiritualists Claim Guides From Other Races/Tribes 2

Post by mac Wed May 08, 2013 10:23 am

Jim River wrote:I'm interested Robert. Tell me of White Feather.
You'll find him here.

http://www.whitefeather.org.uk/

Robert's only a very occasional visitor here but has a website where you'll be able to contact him directly and where he'll be happy to explain about White Feather. Wink

enjoy!

mac

Back to top Go down

Should Spiritualists Claim Guides From Other Races/Tribes 2 Empty Re: Should Spiritualists Claim Guides From Other Races/Tribes 2

Post by Jim River Wed May 08, 2013 10:44 pm

Oh I see, Rob just came here to advertise his 'White Feather' product. I understand him and Amanda have done quite well financially selling this fabrication. Oddly enough the Blackfoot people I've talked with online have no oral traditions regarding 'White Feather' Of course Mr.Goodwin has more knowledge about Blackfoot beliefs and ancestors than they do.

Jim River

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu May 09, 2013 6:46 am

So you come here to whinge about it here rather than take it up with the man directly involved? Rolling Eyes

Nothing much changes....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 09, 2013 7:31 am

Hi Jim,

Can't answer for Robert and his guide because I have never seen them, the only thing I have read is in Psychic News and I was not particularly convinced on it. I do not think Robert makes as much as you think by the way and his latest effort is a very different book he also advertised on here https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2067-new-book-transcognitive-spirituality .

Maybe what I have written on the Silver Birch area you are posting in will make more sense to this.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim River Thu May 09, 2013 9:18 am

mac wrote:So you come here to whinge about it here rather than take it up with the man directly involved? Rolling Eyes

Nothing much changes....

That's right mac I will always defend American Indians and not charlatans who make money off of us.

Jim River

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim River Thu May 09, 2013 9:41 am

Admin wrote:Hi Jim,

Can't answer for Robert and his guide because I have never seen them, the only thing I have read is in Psychic News and I was not particularly convinced on it. I do not think Robert makes as much as you think by the way and his latest effort is a very different book he also advertised on here https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2067-new-book-transcognitive-spirituality .

Maybe what I have written on the Silver Birch area you are posting in will make more sense to this.

I did read Mr. Goodwin's attempt to explain 'White Feather' at NAFPS forum. Although I don't agree with everything the people at NAFPS say, they did well in exposing Goodwin as a fraud. I did read something on another spiritual forum written by an English women who claims to have been an 'Native American' in a past life who also claims that White Feather had visited her. She mentions how White Feather visited her -

"I was a member of a spiritualist church that i had joined shortly after the death of my mum. I knew nothing of guides or Angels at that time, it was all new to me.

One sunday night as i was preparing to watch some TV i suddenly froze, time stood still and i recieved a holographic vision of my Guide. outward vision. He was an old native American with full headdress, he is still etched on my mind. The funny thing is i felt no fear at all at the time or ever since.
He told me his name was White Feather.

Well time went on and i told noone of my experience, and then one day i was browsing through the Church library and a book literally fell out at me. Yes.....you got it, it was the teachings of White Feather channeled through a Robert Goodwin.
Still i didn't talk about it, i was a newby to the church.

My proof came one day when an excellent medium came to the church and told me that i had a beautiful N/A guide stood by me, of the White brotherhood called White Feather. I just thought *WOW"

White Brotherhood?

As in Stormfront?

"The process is ultimately intended to supplant Indians, even in areas of their own customs and spirituality. In the end, non-Indians will have complete power to define what is and is not Indian, even for Indians. When this happens, the last vestiges of real Indian society and Indian rights will disappear. Non-Indians will then "own" our heritage and ideas as thoroughly as they now claim to own our land and resources."

~Russell Means, Oglala Lakota

Jim River

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim River Fri May 10, 2013 9:11 am

White Buffalo, White Eagle Medicine Woman, White Feather and White Wolf.

Why always white?

To many NDNs 'white' does not hold the same significance of goodness and purity as it does with white people.

Jim River

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Fri May 10, 2013 9:45 am

Hi Jim, the word 'white' has misplaced meaning for many, having been fed racist superiority crap
for so long - yet still declare that they support 'equality'. (SB did say something on 'superiority')

It's simple to rise above this, realising that the fullness of time should even things out.
I appreciate the annoyance these silly racist stereotypes can cause by their blind refusal to look beyond imagined perfection. For many, a great awakening shock awaits.
I am (currently) of the Celtic people and experience much the same thing, which doesn't bother me in the least. Indeed, sometimes I've taken a mischievous delight in speaking my language in reply to those who declare their liking for Celtic culture but don't know the first thing about it.
It is not important in the great Divine Plan.
Information/ guidance from 'Guides' while well intentioned, might best be kept at arm's length.
No one knows all, often what's best for themselves- far less for another - but all we need is already within, in any case.

Last edited by hiorta on Fri May 10, 2013 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 10, 2013 10:14 am

I love it Hiorta,

I am totally frustrated by "Pagans and Shamans" who actually know nothing of the real history of Druids, Pict's, Celts, North American Indians etc but impose their realities upon the "New Age" and try to spread it onto Spiritualism. Most Aryans have no idea where that came from and the endless migrations of humanity around our world that leaves us as a blended genetic pool.

If Jim Rivers visits some sites about human migration and Turkey he will find the basis of many of his tribes burial traditions, indeed almost certainly the probable start of the idea of Angels, we are all connected and all of us came out of one area of our world, however different we may be now.

Read learn and understand why we are one human genetic family. However as ever in families we are a terrible mixture of from very good to very bad.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim River Sat May 11, 2013 9:48 am

Well going back a bit further, all humans originated in Africa.

Jim River

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim River Sat May 11, 2013 10:08 am

If we were all one people in the beginning it seems some of us took a good path by embracing the mother while others took a bad path and went on attempting to own and destroy not only the mother, but us as well. Some of us were happy to remain in a primitive state while others engaged in industrial revolutions.

Jim River

Back to top Go down

Post by Panama Red Sat May 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Jim River wrote:If we were all one people in the beginning it seems some of us took a good path by embracing the mother while others took a bad path and went on attempting to own and destroy not only the mother, but us as well. Some of us were happy to remain in a primitive state while others engaged in industrial revolutions.

Of course, you were born to the NA continent and it was entirely empty since you are actually the Lost Tribes of Israel. You slaughtered no one since the entire gadzillion square kilometres were uninhabited except for Mr. Wooly the Buffalo and prairie dogs.

Give me a break. Should Spiritualists Claim Guides From Other Races/Tribes 2 590702

Panama Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Panama Red Sat May 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Jim River wrote:Well going back a bit further, all humans originated in Africa.

Yuo have zippo to back that statement so why not round off your misbegotten human development theories with a little from Terence McKenna?

People have been migrating out of Africa during each interglacial. I think the psilocybin mushroom was having an effect in Africa over the last three million years, but what really kicked the process into high gear was that during the last interglacial, true pastoralism evolved. All previous migrations out of Africa were the migrations of hunter/gatherers. The migration that began at the melting of the last glaciation about 18,000 years ago, were the first herders out of Africa. It's the cattle/human/mushroom triad that reinforces the partnership, non-dominant, orgiastic style.

To wit, during the last decade of his career the "stoned ape" hypothesis rose to become his central idea, and one that he's strongly associated with. The theory suggests, in summary, that the earliest socio-cultural developments of man's ancestors was triggered by the consumtion of psilocybin mushrooms. In prehistoric times in Africa, the emergence of nomadic pastoralism would make available large quantites of these mushrooms, which grow naturally in cattle dung. The evolutionary advantage they bring works on three distinct levels, according to McKenna:

1) small doses increase visual acuity, which is an advantage for hunters;
2) medium doses triggers sexual arousal and lead to uninhibted mating (i e, group sex orgies), which accelerates reproduction;
3) high doses lead to spiritual experiences and glossolalia, which lead to the invention of religion and the invention of language.

I give this as my present to you for the slaughtering of your people.

PR

Panama Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Panama Red Sat May 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Jim River wrote:White Buffalo, White Eagle Medicine Woman, White Feather and White Wolf.

Why always white?

To many NDNs 'white' does not hold the same significance of goodness and purity as it does with white people.
To many others it does. White Buffalo (Woman), Lakota, look it up. tongue

PR

Panama Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Panama Red Sat May 11, 2013 5:58 pm

mac wrote:So you come here to whinge about it here rather than take it up with the man directly involved? Rolling Eyes

Nothing much changes....
Your name is 'mac' and you're not a white man? lol!

Panama Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Panama Red Sat May 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Jim River wrote:Oh I see, Rob just came here to advertise his 'White Feather' product. I understand him and Amanda have done quite well financially selling this fabrication. Oddly enough the Blackfoot people I've talked with online have no oral traditions regarding 'White Feather' Of course Mr.Goodwin has more knowledge about Blackfoot beliefs and ancestors than they do.
"White Feather is a teacher. He does not give evidential messages and he does not heal, except perhaps through his words."

So he's practically worthless except as a carnival act? jocolor

PR

Panama Red

Back to top Go down

Post by LeroyC Sat May 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Hello all,

Well even after all these years I remain quite skeptical of many 'Spiritualists' so called guides. I think Jim River raises some great points here, and its about time many Spiritualists stopped pussyfooting around. I am sure that many so called guides are nothing of the sort.

That is not to say that there is not a spirit contact, but often there are just too many inconsistencies.

I have an acqualintance who was a professor of oriental history and he had a deep interest in Spiritualism. He once discussed a number of instances where mediums had 'Mandarin' Chinese guides, but as he pointed out they both sounded and acted nothing like their historical counterparts.

On one occassion at a so called 'transfiguration seance' I was spoken to by a mediums guide called Karl who identified himself as a 'Soldier of the Kaiser', so I spoke to him in German ( it must have given him or the medium a bit of a shock as he obviously did not understand what I said and the contact mysteriously broke down !! ).

A problem in Spiritualism, and I think its even worse today is that many of these guides are an easy way out as an excuse for diabolocal mediumship.

Its easy to say you have a 'guide' who sprouts forth wisdom but in all probability cannot be traced or identified, than it is to provide solid survival evidence of a close family member or loved one.

I just don't know how many of these so caled guides are the people they claim to be, but communications are riddled with inconsistencies.

LeroyC

LeroyC

Back to top Go down

Post by Panama Red Sat May 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Count me in, LeroyC, the entire guide thing makes my flesh crawl however there are spirit guides who have an amazing collection of wisdoms. Big Jump would be one of those from the Spiritualist camp, others from what is mockingly called the New Age.

Maybe they are reading summaries of the Akashic Records prepared for them by A. C. Doyle? lol

Panama Red

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sat May 11, 2013 8:49 pm

LeroyC wrote:Hello all,

Well even after all these years I remain quite skeptical of many 'Spiritualists' so called guides. I think Jim River raises some great points here, and its about time many Spiritualists stopped pussyfooting around. I am sure that many so called guides are nothing of the sort.

That is not to say that there is not a spirit contact, but often there are just too many inconsistencies.

I have an acqualintance who was a professor of oriental history and he had a deep interest in Spiritualism. He once discussed a number of instances where mediums had 'Mandarin' Chinese guides, but as he pointed out they both sounded and acted nothing like their historical counterparts.

On one occassion at a so called 'transfiguration seance' I was spoken to by a mediums guide called Karl who identified himself as a 'Soldier of the Kaiser', so I spoke to him in German ( it must have given him or the medium a bit of a shock as he obviously did not understand what I said and the contact mysteriously broke down !! ).

A problem in Spiritualism, and I think its even worse today is that many of these guides are an easy way out as an excuse for diabolocal mediumship.

Its easy to say you have a 'guide' who sprouts forth wisdom but in all probability cannot be traced or identified, than it is to provide solid survival evidence of a close family member or loved one.

I just don't know how many of these so caled guides are the people they claim to be, but communications are riddled with inconsistencies.

LeroyC

The guides are seldom what they claim to be it seems to me. There is usually no way to validate them in any case. I quite like Silver Birch's approach which appears to be 'take it or leave it'. Assuming they are what they claim to be, ie discarnate entities, the value is in what they say rather than who they are. I can think of both positive and negative potential reasons for concealing their identities.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Sat May 11, 2013 9:48 pm

The whole area is a minefield, regarding veracity.
I've noticed that any information that would advance current knowledge always stops at today's position.
For example radio and electricity have always been around, albeit perhaps not as developed, but these and similar were never spoken of until the knowledge was 'out in the open' here. so to speak.
Perhaps a Natural Law automatically limits any info that might 'lead' our evolution in any particular direction at an unearned time.
It does seem that we must be the instigator and beneficiary - or victim - of our own endeavours, which I suppose is absolutely just.
Extrapolation that leads to the realisation that in effect, we are our own saviours, if indeed there ever was any other option.
Our view of the Great Spirit could be questioned, although requests for help, guidance, healing, etc. do 'work'.
If all this is so, then just what can Spirit (if it is as thought) actually accomplish in our world?
Discoveries, inventions, knowledge, all seem to have come from this end.

Last edited by hiorta on Sun May 12, 2013 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sat May 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Or are they inspired in some way?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Panama Red Sun May 12, 2013 5:48 am

obiwan wrote:The guides are seldom what they claim to be it seems to me. There is usually no way to validate them in any case. I quite like Silver Birch's approach which appears to be 'take it or leave it'. Assuming they are what they claim to be, ie discarnate entities, the value is in what they say rather than who they are. I can think of both positive and negative potential reasons for concealing their identities.
The value is what they say, and nothing more, since SB and many other guides refuse to produce evidential mediumship. Fine, fine. There is a large, majority contingent of the Western human population that absorbs these 'wisdoms' and benefits from them. They have no clue what evidentiality is about.

PR

Panama Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 12, 2013 10:40 am

In honesty Panorama whether, or not, you are indigenous North American Indians I would like you to either respect this forum and its beliefs or just leave this alone. Having conversed with others who were genuine I do know your views are at a divergence to those of many if, as you claim you are indigenous North American Indians, who are much more accepting of these ideas.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim River Sun May 12, 2013 10:47 am

Oh look the new agers have made up their own indigenous person to counter other NDNs.

And this account just joined.

How totally predictable.

Last edited by Jim River on Sun May 12, 2013 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Jim River

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next