SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Milligan!?

+16
Neilos
Kevin33315
COSC2014
Wes
mac
Shen1987
Waller
Lis
Admin
MU!!
Mark74
LeroyC
bravo321uk
obiwan
scottmilligan
Jane Lyzell
20 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Scott Milligan!? - Page 6 Empty Re: Scott Milligan!?

Post by mac Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:49 am

I didn't say I wouldn't enjoy it but only that experiencing such a phenomenon via physical mediumship wouldn't change anything for me.  For you, my duck friend, it might be what you've searched for in vain thus far and change things immeasurably... Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:23 am

mac wrote:I didn't say I wouldn't enjoy it but only that experiencing such a phenomenon via physical mediumship wouldn't change anything for me.  For you, my duck friend, it might be what you've searched for in vain thus far and change things immeasurably...  Smile

True enough Smile

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:47 pm

Great posts thanks all and particularly to Leroy for sharing his experiences.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scott Milligan!? - Page 6 Empty MU? and Kai Muegge Seances

Post by Kevin33315 Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:00 am

Greetings...

I found this interesting page while searching sites with my name.. If anyone wishes to reach out to me you can do so here and leave your private email for contact. Blessings to us all.   Rev. Kevin Lee, Metaphysical Chapel of South Florida (USA).

Kevin33315

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:52 am

Welcome Rev Kevin, I have of course heard of your centre. You are based fairly close to an old friend of mine Rev Marilyn Awtry NST and I believe you also know another friend of ours Rev Stephen Hermann NST both NSAC mediums.

Welcome to the forum.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin33315 Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:01 am

Thank you. Yes I have met Stephen once now and actually your lady friend's face looks familiar somehow. So likely i have met her.. maybe anyway.

Who am I speaking to? I dont know this site well yet...

We are really trying to build a viable Center of Light in our town.. and with all my international connections and mediumship experiences over the past 8 years.. i have begun to bring more and more wonderful examples of high quality mediumship and speakers on spiritualism and metaphysics to our center.. to show our folks there is so much quality out there and such wonderful higher teachings to be learned than we often come across in our "slow" to evolve.. state of Florida. We exist in a pocket of 25 miles of cities with many spiritualistic events.. along the eastern coast of florida (ft Lauderdale up to West Palm Beach).

Kevin33315

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:57 am

Kevin33315 wrote:Greetings...

I found this interesting page while searching sites with my name.. If anyone wishes to reach out to me you can do so here and leave your private email for contact. Blessings to us all.   Rev. Kevin Lee, Metaphysical Chapel of South Florida (USA).

Perhaps you have a few words for us publicly? We're a very open group who love a discussion.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:59 am

Kevin33315 wrote:Thank you. Yes I have met Stephen once now and actually your lady friend's face looks familiar somehow. So likely i have met her.. maybe anyway.

We are really trying to build a viable Center of Light in our town.. and with all my international connections and mediumship experiences over the past 8 years.. i have begun to bring more and more wonderful examples of high quality mediumship and speakers on spiritualism and metaphysics to our center.. to show our folks there is so much quality out there and such wonderful higher teachings to be learned than we often come across in our "slow" to evolve.. state of Florida. We exist in a pocket of 25 miles of cities with many spiritualistic events.. along the eastern coast of florida (ft Lauderdale up to West Palm Beach).

That's Jim Warwood, owner and administrator of this website.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:04 am

Kevin33315 wrote:Thank you. Yes I have met Stephen once now and actually your lady friend's face looks familiar somehow. So likely i have met her.. maybe anyway.

At first I thought you might know, or know of, a former member but he's on the west coast in Naples West, almost directly across from your neck of the woods....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:26 am

Just apropos nothing particular, I took a look back to the start of this thread (titled Scott Milligan!) which began getting on for a couple of years ago.  There were postings by - you guessed it - Scott Milligan, the guy who's central to the AFC's physical mediumship protocol.

What a shame this member hasn't fed back to fellow website members who've had that situation under discussion....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilos Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:13 am

Just to add that the new protocols are being debated on Facebook, specifically in a group called "The Arthur Finday College Meeting Point."

It is a emotive subject that has created huge debate about the protocols and it would appear that the majority who post are against the changes. I have given my views that I feel it is a brave move and the SNU should be leading the way in setting a standard even though I feel they have made s pigs ear in how they have brought about the changes. For example there are people who have booked a course Christmas time with the hope of sitting in a séance with Scott, who now have find that he has cancelled due to the changes in protocol.

Others are concerned that the 5 mediums who channeled the guidance from spirit regarding the protocols are nameless and feel that members "have a right to know" who they are. That is the general flavour of discussions.

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:28 pm

The SNU has already showed what a pig's ear it can make with the near demise of PN - that truly was shameful.  BUT there was probably no good way to introduce the protocol  - criticism would have been levelled however it was carried out.

I do agree, though, that it's a shame if any current commitments weren't honoured before instituting the changes but I don't agree that members have any right to know which mediums communicated spirit-sourced guidance.  They have every right to their privacy and David Bruton may anyway have asked them to leave him - quite appropriately - to take the flack.  

But even without 'guidance from spirit' the protocol would make sense to this Spiritualist and the mediums concerned are still able to make themselves known should they choose.  As it appears the situation is being hotly discussed on Facebook, perhaps some of those involved might like to join us here on SpiritualismLink to present their thoughts?  

It is, after all, a fully structured forum for discussions not just of this single topic but of any that involve Spiritualism. (In fairness I haven't seen the FB structure which may be every bit as good.)

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:19 pm

I think I hawe a hunths ho this mediums are - non are fore physicalmediumship at al
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:52 pm

It doesn't matter to me whether the mediums are supporters of physical mediumship or not.  As I've just said, to me it also doesn't matter if spirit guidance weren't involved anyway.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:39 am

mac wrote:It doesn't matter to me whether the mediums are supporters of physical mediumship or not.  As I've just said, to me it also doesn't matter if spirit guidance weren't involved anyway.

I agree Mac the protocols were entirely necessary, even if I may doubt some parts like metal, some of the early materialisations occurred with the mediums sealed in metal cages with metal bindings it did not affect their work. I will return to that on the Death Of Physical Mediumship thread.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:34 am

I couldn't understand the metal reference either - more relevant to a microwave oven than to a p.m. event.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilos Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:44 am

The Facebook page in question is not managed properly resulting in threads to completely lose their focus. I decided to leave because it was like trying to nail jelly to a ceiling in getting my point across. I have rejoined and posted a link to this page to find that the thread has been closed and discussions gave returned to discussing contentious matters.

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Neilos wrote:The Facebook page in question is not managed properly resulting in threads to completely lose their focus. I decided to leave because it was like trying to nail jelly to a ceiling in getting my point across. I have rejoined and posted a link to this page to find that the thread has been closed and discussions gave returned to discussing contentious matters.

I'm puzzled about the last sentence - which thread has been closed?   And what's wrong anyway with discussing contentious matters?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilos Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:31 pm

There were over 280 replies and the thread lost its way a little and became unfocused. Facebook, unfortunately is not a easy place to have a reasoned debate or discussions.

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:33 pm

Neilos wrote:There were over 280 replies and the thread lost its way a little and became unfocused. Facebook, unfortunately is not a easy place to have a reasoned debate or discussions.

How true Neilos
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:36 pm

Neilos wrote:There were over 280 replies and the thread lost its way a little and became unfocused. Facebook, unfortunately is not a easy place to have a reasoned debate or discussions.

Oh I see - you meant the thread on Facebook had been closed.  I thought you meant the one here had been closed.  I personally find PM4U is unstructured and messy with postings dotted around.  I also dislike its lack of formatting and editing features and much prefer the structure of regular websites and forums. From the little I've seen of Facebook I'd guess it's also unstructured.

Last edited by mac on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : last sentence added)

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilos Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:55 pm

Sorry Mac, l can be vague and unclear in how l write on occasions. I am dyslexic and sometimes miss out words/ concepts that I think are there.

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:04 am

Neilos wrote:Sorry Mac, l can be vague and unclear in how l write on occasions. I am dyslexic and sometimes miss out words/ concepts that I think are there.

No problem. Smile I do understand as I used to work as teaching support.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldog Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:21 am

I attended a Physical seance on 05/04/2004 as an interested guest, there were about 10 people there including the medium (whose name escapes me, but I recall he had a northern accent and thinning hair) I did not realise at the time but the young man that was introduced as another guest and medium "in training" was none other than Mr Scott Milligan. I was seated directly opposite the medium and to my right were a man in his 60s grey haired/beared in whose house we held the seance, to my left a lady member of the circle. Also present another female guest, an american couple and French lady. The Medium sat directly opposite me and to his right (as I faced him) Scott Milligan. Prayers were said, songs were sung, roll out the barrel being one and the "Medium" went into trance and "Sir" came through. He addressed me asking my name why I was there etc,then the other female guest, followed by Scott. The lights were completely extinguished and almost immediately Scott said "Someones touching me, they are touching my head, they have removed my glasses, water has been splashed at me" Then, the table on the floor began to move , followed by Trumphet etc. I was given a tape recording of the sitting which I still have and have just transferred to digital for anyone interested I will send a drop box link. I was so intrigued I managed to get a second invite but this time brought my partner. The seance followed the same format, same medium. But, what was interesting when the lights were brought up the small table was on the gentleman's lap that sat next to me, the house/circle owner. He said he did not feel the phenomena was genuine that night which we both thought was an odd thing to say.

bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 01, 2015 3:27 am

Thanks for sharing that story Bulldog, I wonder who the medium was.

Yes I understand Scott has been training for a fair time. He is an extremely close friend of David Thompson and even visited him in Australia back around 2007 when David visited the Tumbetin Centre in the Dandenongs, Victoria (anyone reading the threads here would have noticed the friendship).

To have kept and digitised a recording is great it must be fascinating to listen to.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next