SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Spirit

+7
eveshi
Admin
obiwan
equal-spirit
Mark74
mac
hiorta
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Great Spirit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Great Spirit

Post by Starling Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:53 pm

They are Sociopaths, so they don't care how they upset people.

I wonder when the new laws that unmask internet trolls, are going to start?

Jutta

Starling
Starling

Back to top Go down

Post by JonDonnis Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 pm

Admin wrote:Hi All using this thread to klet you know that we have been drawn into a very unpleasant battle which is infecting many forums especially those related to Spiritualism. On one side we have a group involved especially with Jon Donnis and RationalWiki and on the other side, if there really is another side is MU!!.

Not sure why you have mentioned my name here, I am not on any side, and I sure as hell dont represent or have any connection with the RationalWiki people!

The user "MU" joined my forum, posted some spam, I deleted it and him, and thats the end of it.
There is no battle with regards to me.
I have been dealing with idiots like this for nearly a decade, one little kid posting dumb stuff truly is like water of this ducks back.

For the record the user called "Forests" who joined and posted on my forum is NOT the same user MU who posted rubbish on my forum.
Who is who elsewhere i really couldn't care less.

The reality is that all of this is just text on a screen, its not real life, when you feel yourself getting stressed, turn your laptop off, and it all goes!

In the past I have had fake Twitter accounts created of me, had both my Facebook and Twitter hacked, had entire websites created to "expose" me, all failed of course.

The point I am making is dont let it get to you, no one out there has had the kind of crap I have, the death threats, the constant unending daily abuse, but thats life if you want to use the internet and forums etc, its a sad state of affairs, but you have to accept it, even more so if you put yourself in a position of authority as I have done, or as the admin of a forum or webmaster etc.

Also regarding IP addresses, it is easy with the use of a proxy to change your IP, and companies like Virginmedia use large static IPs for various areas.

Anyway if you need any help with forum problems etc I offer my services, purely as I know what a pain it can be.

I find it easy to deal with these things because I have a lot of experience dealing with some people, but please do not confuse my offer of help with any sympathy towards psychics or mediums.

Anyway this is the real Jon Donnis, and with the exception of this post the ONLY forum I post on is my own on the BadPsychics forum, and I sometimes very rarely also post on the bored middleaged housewives forum known as Spiritlove too, other than that I simply dont waste my time, but if you see "me" posting elsewhere if you could let me know I would appreciate it.

And to confirm this is me, in about 2 minutes or so after pressing send on here, I will name a type of yellow fruit on my official Twitter account of @JonDonnis

JonDonnis

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:47 pm

thanks from me for this piece, Jon

It helps to get another perspective on such matters and you're clearly well experienced. Perhaps the most surprising thing is that on the dozen or so websites where I've been, or still am, a member this is the first really determined interference I've been aware of.

It could, of course, have been happening but dealt with before ordinary members see it.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Thanks for the comments Jon, it puts it in real perspective, however, the mixing and matching of names is causing some problems. mac someone tried to join as mac. obviously to create something but they did not manage to complete their membership and I will ensure no crossover of names is possible.

Certainly this outbreak is the worst I have seen and experienced its unusual to see such determination. Hopefully now it will be contained.

Unfortunately in stopping it there may be unintended consequences from a few banned IPs which may stop people being able to log in from some mail companies.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:39 am

Admin wrote:Thanks for the comments Jon, it puts it in real perspective, however, the mixing and matching of names is causing some problems. mac someone tried to join as mac. obviously to create something but they did not manage to complete their membership and I will ensure no crossover of names is possible.

Certainly this outbreak is the worst I have seen and experienced its unusual to see such determination. Hopefully now it will be contained.

Unfortunately in stopping it there may be unintended consequences from a few banned IPs which may stop people being able to log in from some mail companies.

That's interesting, Jim, and it's reassuring that the registration can't go forward here when a username is already in use - thanks, too, for keeping an eye on things. I hope it's not a widespread, concerted campaign against me personally. Crying or Very sad

Pretty plainly, though, not all locations have adequate safeguards and from what I can make out, someone's managed to post as myself in two places - pretty disconcerting because in one instance it's led to a major upset between me and another member who thinks I've been bad-mouthing her.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by JonDonnis Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:08 am

mac wrote:thanks from me for this piece, Jon

It helps to get another perspective on such matters and you're clearly well experienced. Perhaps the most surprising thing is that on the dozen or so websites where I've been, or still am, a member this is the first really determined interference I've been aware of.

It could, of course, have been happening but dealt with before ordinary members see it.

Woo forums such as this are simply not used to dealing with such people.
Skeptic forums like my own are of course used to dealing with such people, its part of the job description, having to deal with crazy people

JonDonnis

Back to top Go down

Post by JonDonnis Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:12 am

Admin wrote:Thanks for the comments Jon, it puts it in real perspective, however, the mixing and matching of names is causing some problems. mac someone tried to join as mac. obviously to create something but they did not manage to complete their membership and I will ensure no crossover of names is possible.

The banning of IPs is ignorant to how IPs work.

All you will do is ban genuine members.
Undo all of your IP bans as they are useless and worthless.

For example, if you banned my IP now, in 10 seconds I would be back on this forum if I chose too.
Anyone with the tiniest knowledge of how IPs work can do this.

As for people using other peoples names, hell been happening to me for years.
Usually any skeptic with a bit of passion gets accused of being me using a fake name! lol
Trust me when I want to get my opinion across I damn sure make people know it is me!

Also good if you have a Twitter account, or a website or something whereby you can confirm you are you and where you post, and anywhere else is not you.

JonDonnis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2