SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Without comment

Go down

Without comment Empty Without comment

Post by hiorta Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Question:
How can I live simply and fully if I have to analyze myself and make conscious efforts to think deeply?

Krishnamurti:
To live simply is the greatest of arts. It is most difficult, as it demands deep intelligence and not a superficial comprehension of life.
To live intelligently and simply, one must be free of all those restrictions, resistances, limitations, which each individual has developed for his own self-protection and which have hindered his true relationship with society. Because he is enclosed within these restrictions, these walls of ignorance, for him there can be no true simplicity.
To bring about a life of intelligence, and so of simplicity, there must be the tearing down of those resistances and limitations. The process of dissolution implies great thought, activity and effort. A man who is prejudiced, nationalistic, bound by the authority of unthinking traditions and concepts and in whose heart there lives fear, surely cannot live simply.
A man who is ambitious, narrow, worshipping success, cannot live intelligently.
In such a person there is no possibility of deep spontaneity. Spontaneity is not mere superficial reaction; it is deep fulfilment, which is intelligent simplicity of action.
Now, most of us have walls of self-protective resistance against the movement of life; of some we are conscious, of others we are not. We think that we can live simply by merely avoiding or neglecting the undiscovered ones; or we think that we can live fully by training our minds to certain standards of life. It is not simplicity to live by oneself, apart from society, or to possess little, or to adjust oneself to particular principles. This is merely an escape from life.
True simplicity of intelligence, the deep adjustment to the movement of life, comes only when, through comprehensive awareness and right effort, we begin to wear down the many layers of self-protective resistance. Only then is there a possibility of living spontaneously and intelligently.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum