SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help on hearing Spirit Guides

+2
Admin
holdfast59
6 posters

Go down

Help on hearing Spirit Guides Empty Help on hearing Spirit Guides

Post by holdfast59 Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:56 pm

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I was hoping to hear anyone's thoughts on hearing spirit guides. I have been working on my communication with my spirit guides. I had a vision or a moment where I heard trumpets and saw an hawk flying above me. I took that as a way of spirit telling me I was going to open up to more auditory messages and communication. I also received a message from a medium friend of mine that I was going to start hearing my spirit guides. I am so excited to hear from them and I was wondering if there were any ideas that would help aid my process. Thank you for any help.

Sincerely Pete

holdfast59

Back to top Go down

Help on hearing Spirit Guides Empty Re: Help on hearing Spirit Guides

Post by Admin Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi Pete,

I think all of us would love to hear our guides more clearly. Taken me years and I still do not really hear them. That hawk symbol could be a useful one for you to know that your guide is about.

Keep up your private meditations making sure you stay surrounded by light and asking them to communicate. Others may have a more practical approach, if you are in a development circle sometimes, like the one I run then the guided meditation is all about connecting with the guides.

Jim

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by holdfast59 Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 am

Thanks jim yes I am in a development circle we do all types of meditations and messages. I will keep on working. The only reason I have asked is because they have told me I would hear them like I hear people in a person to person conversation. Any recommendations for meditations. I personally don't really have any formal meditations I kind of let them show me whatever they need to show me rather then have a formal process, but I do like mixing it up.

holdfast59

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:57 am

Welcome to the forum! I'm in a similar position as I never hear things, although I do get images, symbols, feelings and sensations from spirit. Jim makes some good suggestions and I would add that it's always wise to take things you are told with a grain of salt. I was once told by a platform worker that I would be able to heal animals simply by looking at them. While that may well be possible and would be a wonderful use of spirit healing, I'm not totally convinced it will happen Very Happy

Good Luck with your endeavours!
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by earth angel Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:43 pm

hi holdfast
"hearing" your guides will mean clairaudiently. this usually happens inside the mind. some people do hear spirits externally as well as internally. it can be very subtle and with time you will learn the difference between your own thoughts and those that are impressed upon you and heard inside your mind by your guide.
the hawk may be a clue to your guides name??? when i first started i asked for a symbol of their name and my guide showed me a bird, and if was the colour and name of the bird which represent their name.
usually its a collective of images symbols sounds smells and sensations which tells the individual who they are communicating with.
meditation is very helpful. quiet time. developement groups. even in your dreams you can communicate and have a conversation - upon waking write the dream down.
It will happen in all these ways at different times.
The clue to when you hear your guide in your head (mentally) is that they will speak with a different manner, tone, or wording ,as you normally do.
hope this helps.
E A
earth angel
earth angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark74 Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Welcome to the forum Pete. I hear clairaudiently as well. When I am given sittings it's almost as if an etheric ear opens, and I will hear the other world within. In saying that, they are definite voices rather than just random thoughts.

In the early days when I started sitting my guide too identified himself through symbology. You will find alot of mediums work with symbology, some say it's the language of the spirit.

Trust is the process, trust in yourself, and trust in spirit.

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by holdfast59 Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:22 am

Thank you for all the response it is much appreciated. I have been hearing things here and there I am so exicted to hear from them. I will let you guys know when it happens. Very Happy

holdfast59

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Hello All,

I have been enjoying this forum a great deal. I have just began meditating and believe that I have indeed made contact with my Spirit Guide during one such meditation. His name as he tells me is Amani, which interestingly enough means "peace" in the Swahili language. I know this because the morning prior to my meditation and our meeting, I visited a local store and purchased a paper weight hand made in Kenya with the word "peace" in English & "Amani" on the reverse side. Amani appears to be Incan...he was wearing robes and jewelry, and in particular, his hair was in a "top-knot" with a golden ring holding it in place (forgive me for the details).

I amwriting here to ask a few questions, your responses would be greatly appreciated. While I did have this initial success...I seem to struggle to hear him. I do receive images while meditating. Also, while praying for individuals with the laying on of hands, I receive information about them, their lives, their troubles, needs, etc...from my Christian background, this is known as giving a "Word of Knowledge" or a prophetic utterance, which I have been able to do with accuracy for many years.

I still view God a.k.a Spirit as the source of these revelations. I also have visions and dreams, and have been shown on advance some very key information for others. It certainly isn't knowledge that I possess my self.

It happens when I connect with another individual, it's something I simply receive. I can't really explain how it happens...it simply does.

Anyone else have difficulty connecting meaningfuly with their Spirit Guides?

Do you prefer guided meditations? Music? Neither?

Anyone else from a charismatic Christian background?

How have you reconciled your beliefs regarding Spiritualism with Christianity?

Your thoughts and comments would be wonderful!

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:59 am

Anyone else have difficulty connecting meaningfuly with their Spirit Guides?

"Do you prefer guided meditations? Music? Neither?

Anyone else from a charismatic Christian background?

How have you reconciled your beliefs regarding Spiritualism with Christianity?
"

I think most people have trouble connecting clearly with their Spirit Guides at times especially at first. I think it also depends what you are connecting to them for. If I am writing an address its an entirely passive approach from me, I try just to let them inspire me without trying to go into any specific trance like state. In mediumship I just want to know they are around helping to control matters on the Spirit side during a demonstration. I am not trying to connect at all to the message recipient because that would become a psychic transaction.

I have a preference for guided meditations for myself and when running a group. Silence can, however, be very effective.

I suspect on this forum there may be some from a charismatic Christian background but it is predominantly a Spiritualist forum.

However, that is a thing which its is hard to pin down. generally there may be 3 distinct strands. A Christian Spiritualist strand that, although accepting Jesus is not our saviour because it is part of our life work acknowledge him as an ideal but will reject the trinity, vicarious atonement and original sin. you will see Christian Hymns may be in use, see the Bible and regularly hear the Lords Prayer and other elements of traditional services.

Then there is "rational" Spiritualism, as epitomised by the SNU in Britain and the NSAC in the USA, Jesus is acknowledged purely as one of the many great teachers, mediums and healers. These Spiritualist are, like myself, not Christians ( I walked away from Christianity as a humanist agnostic long before I became a Spiritualist). You are unlikely to see a Bible, hear the Lords Prayer or see a cross. So there is no need for us to reconcile our Christianity with Spiritualism. We all believe in God (the one thing that causes Spiritualism to be a religion it is unprovable whereas we say all of our other philosophy is a truth proven through mediumship) we follow either the SNU's 7 Principles (although some may have re worded them) or the NSAC's 9 principles.

There is a further strand which may or may not encompass Christianity a form of metaphysical Spiritualism. Incorporating many new age concepts and other esoteric ideas in some form of "progressive" Spiritualism. these churches may have totally re written declarations of principles reflecting the varied belief's they add in.

I hope that helps
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down