SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Table Tipping

+12
obiwan
taushin
bravo321uk
_Leslie_
Bill
normy
petal34
Left Behind
Admin
Mark74
Juniper
Wes
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Table Tipping - Page 2 Empty Re: Table Tipping

Post by petal34 Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:01 am

normy wrote:That's all right Petal, I know you didn't say or mean that! Smile

Maybe next time,Normy.
Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Poor old DT must struggle to live on that sort of money. lol

Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:25 pm

I've never seen table tipping done by 'one person' with both hands on the table - but never by 'one person' with 'one' hand only on the table. Is this possible?
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Of course Leslie, tables can tilt around with no hands on the table as well. Smile
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by bravo321uk Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Personally I think most table tilting is down to spirit incarnate rather than discarnate.. especially when were talking about folk walking up and down halls
with tables.. the individual maybe being influenced.. like with the use of a ouji board... but for the most i dont think its physically being produced by spirit... NOTE i do say the most..ha

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:44 am

I'm open-minded about whether table tilting or movement is caused by spirit interaction, or by incarnate energies like psychokinesis, but as David Fontana points out in " Is there an aftelife" there is no scientific experimental evidence that psychokinesis has ever produced the scale of movements seen in table tilting.

After I filmed this video at the workshop, I tried to reproduce what the medium was doing, by pushing or pulling the table on the stone floor on my own to get the same effect, but was unable to do so, as the friction was too great. Others tried as well and also could not do so. The best I could manage was a very slow bumpy noisy movement, with my hands flat on the table top.

normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by bravo321uk Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:36 am

Hi Normy,
I hope you dont mind a different view, and me saying what I see.
I see the lady with dark hair pushing and pulling the table. You can see her clearly doing this if you take your eyes off the top half of her and off the table... and simply watch her legs.... and you will see her legs and hips or knees move in the direction table is going to move in before the table starts moving.
As is often the case in these types of demonstrations it is spirit incarnate rather than discarnate doing the work. I am sure the Lady means well and I mean no offence by pointing this out

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:47 am

Hi Bravo, that's fine to have a different view. I would expect anyone to think the same without being there.

However, as I said, I found it impossible to do the same physically as the lady with black hair, because the table top was plastic and slippery, and friction of the table legs on the floor was too great, for flat palm pressure down and forward or back to move the table as shown smoothly and easily and quite quickly.
The only way it could be done normally in my opinion would be to push the side of the table, not on the top.
I wonder whether, if you were present bravo, and tried to replicate what the medium did but you failed, you would acknowledge paranormal forces being involved? Providing you were convinced there was no fraud involved of course.

I know, from previous personal experience, that a table rocked all over the room, with no hands near it, during a seance at my home in lighted conditions, so I have proved for myself that some kind of paranormal energies can be involved to do this. I have not filmed this, unfortunately. Although films can always be criticised, you have to see for yourself.
I hope to see and film a levitated table one day, here's hoping! Smile

normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:35 am

It is verydifferent to teh table tipping session I attended. 3 tables and two without teh presence of a trained medium both moved. One vibrated and would not move.

Then when myself, Lis, Rev Anne gehman her husband Wayne Noll and our trustee off 55 years went onto one, with a sceptical scientist it took off and raced round the room obeying instructions, leaping up and down forcing people to scatter. Was it Spirit? There were very powerful energies on that table but table tipping gives very unsubstantial proof of Spirit presence.

Whatever the scientist could not believe what happened. I think to get table tipping that really convinces its that level of movement 20- 30 feet at speed changing direction sideways forwards and back jumping up and down until in the end a leg broke which works.

Obviously in bright light and 35 people present.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:39 am

That must have been a fantastic experience for you all, Admin. I have thought for a long time that table tilting could fill all the conditions for scientific repeatable experiments, to prove conclusively that the 'paranormal', or phenomena outside of the known laws of physics, actually is a reality. My scientific, and other intelligent,educated friends and relatives, often will not even consider anecdotal testimonies like this, and while it is not our purpose to convert others, it is frustrating that sceptics can point to the lack of scientific support.
I feel that there is a need for the scientific community to validate what parts of the 'paranormal' are 'real', to enable Spiritualism to progress.

It is surprising to me that in the long history of Spiritualism, with it's many scientific and other investigators, there has been no attempt, known to me anyway, to set up table tilting experiments as a proof of the paranormal, if not spirit activity. It would be a first step, replicable, in the light, and success would be clear table movement with no physical contact. Many of us have seen it in the light, as have countless others like D D Home, since the 19th Century. Scientists would then have to consider new hypotheses to account for the phenomenon, which would be good for progress towards the truth.
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by bravo321uk Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Normy there were many experiments back in the hey day of table tilting.. one of the most notable was professor faraday, that created a testing table that showed if was being pushed and pulled.

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bravo321uk Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:55 am

And just retouching on what you said before, I do believe that table tilting can occur, myself and my partner have had some great results, where we have been able to remove our hands completely and still the table moves. Its not something we do often. I wonder if you watched proper table tilting, if you would feel the same about the video..but as is often the case on SOME of these paid for workshops... No real phenonema. No evidence Of survival.. but thanks for the X amount of quid.

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:50 am

bravo321uk wrote:Hi Normy there were many experiments back in the hey day of table tilting.. one of the most notable was professor faraday, that created a testing table that showed if was being pushed and pulled.

Yes Faraday apparently proved that involuntary movement of the hands provided the motive power in that case, but there was no mention of him dealing with 'hands-off' table tilting.
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:12 pm

bravo321uk wrote:And just retouching on what you said before, I do believe that table tilting can occur, myself and my partner have had some great results, where we have been able to remove our hands completely and still the table moves. Its not something we do often. I wonder if you watched proper table tilting, if you would feel the same about the video..but as is often the case on SOME of these paid for workshops... No real phenonema. No evidence Of survival.. but thanks for the X amount of quid.

Like you, as I quoted before, I have had great results with hands completely off the table and it moved very actively in light conditions. And there was communication during the session, whether or not it was spirit communication.
Ideally, hands-off table tilting, with communication, is the best that can be achieved, and is proof of the paranormal, but this is not necessarily substantial of spirit involvement or evidence of survival.
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by bravo321uk Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:07 pm

apologies Normy, I misread what was written,

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Post by taushin Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:34 am

the table tipping i saw in the video, it appears the woman is actually trying to keep up with the table rather than pushing or guiding the table. the past year i have been in a number of successful table tipping experience and a couple unsuccessful where there was a mere "trembling" of the table and no movement. the others experiences the heavy wooden table that normally takes two adult to pick up and carry about guided across the seance floor upon seemingly its own accord, moving in response to yes and no question, the no answers was a complete stopping of the table that was in full motion, no slowing down just an blurt halt of motion. seen this self same heavy table rear up at a 45 degree angle and glide across the floor while those touching with finger tip had to run to keep the contact. whether it was spirit, and in these cases i believe the motivator of the table and the movement and the answer received to the question was from spirit. alone at my home in mediation i have felt quiver of the table in response to my own energy field, i am experimenting in this area on my own to see if i can get favorable results.
taushin
taushin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:11 pm

The video doesn't like anything like the accounts of 'table tipping' I have read. Looks more like 'table slipping' to me.

What on earth was the point of the exercise? Frankly it looks preposterous. I do hope no one paid good money for the event.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by taushin Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:03 pm

different than what i am accustomed too as well, the lighted room, i am used to a red lighted room with six to 8 people around the wooden table with wooden legs, but video is not like being there, so we do not know what the energy was like in the room at the time or the level of the people involved in the effort.
taushin
taushin

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:19 pm

obiwan wrote:The video doesn't like anything like the accounts of 'table tipping' I have read. Looks more like 'table slipping' to me.

What on earth was the point of the exercise? Frankly it looks preposterous. I do hope no one paid good money for the event.

What a terribly closed mind you have. I would have thought the point of the exercise was obvious, but there you go, can't please everyone.
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:37 pm

normy wrote:
obiwan wrote:The video doesn't like anything like the accounts of 'table tipping' I have read. Looks more like 'table slipping' to me.

What a terribly closed mind you have. I would have thought the point of the exercise was obvious, but there you go, can't please everyone.

I don't think it is fair to say I have a closed mind, particularly as you have no idea who I am. I wouldn't dream of accusing you of being a gullible individual who is desperate to believe any old rubbish.

The purpose of the exercise is not obvious to me at all. I am sure someone of your clarity of thinking and powerful intellect can explain it perfectly. Of what possible evidential value is it either of survival or 'spirit' influence? What, precisely, is being communicated or demonstrated?

Do you seriously believe what is demonstrated in the video has any evidential value of any kind? If there is - pray tell, I would be fascinated to hear it.

Now of course it could be that for the participants there was something which obviously demonstrates such influence. Perhaps it just doesn't translate well onto a video?
If that is the case, what on Earth was the point in showing it?

ps - if anyone thinks I am being harsh (ie the video) on this please feel free to say. Let's discuss it by all means.

Last edited by obiwan on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Inviting feedback)

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:53 am

Actually you have got me to watch the video, I had not bothered to before. In honesty I can see no real evidence for any one of the person pushing it, telekenesis or Spirit. However, if pushed I would probably accept what Bravo wrote earlier on the thread.

My experience with table tipping is on tables similar to taushin, we did use normal light though because when teh tables started teh red light was to dim for safety especially with them leaping in the air.

Once again it proves how little that type of physical phenomena is going to do to prove survival after death. Communicating by table is astonishingly slow and we always have the risk of telekenesis disrupting things. Indeed in an experiment like this where everyone is excited there is a definite potential for the communication to be generated through the participants sub conscious.

Youtube has had a couple of really good videos of telekenesis with levitating tables. As Taushin mentions tables with a central pedestal work best for this exercise.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by taushin Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:26 pm

the table tipping experience, is phenomenal and exciting, and like it has been said the communication with the table is painfully slow if you are tapping out the alphabet and vague yes and no questions are difficult for some to come up with on the spur.

the past year or so i have been fortunate enough to be apart of a group of sitter in a trance mediumship seance where a spirit guide/teacher has been brought in and some of the teaching is very enlightening.

king Solomon wrote there is nothing new under the sun, so all the teachings we get from spirit resonates with teaching i have read from masters in other cultures, but the explanation or rather the expansion of the information is what i find fascinating. but the natural skeptic comes to into play. but we need to keep an open mind and explore every opportunity in the search for one more piece to the puzzle of the question is there life after this life?
personally, i believe so. the age old question is how to provide accurate and verifiable truth to this burning question.
taushin
taushin

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:26 pm

taushin wrote:<snip>

king Solomon wrote there is nothing new under the sun,
<snip>
How so true... Some years ago in Egypt, I was getting into a rather heavy but enjoyable discussion with my Egyptian guide, he suddenly stopped, looked at me and said very similar words "everything the same under the sun" ... I've remembered and reflected upon them numerous times.
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:24 am

As I explained , it was a workshop for students who wished to obtain their own own evidence of the paranormal by means of pbjective experiments. With the hope that perhaps some might wish to pursue this wonderful form of mediumship if they have the ability.
I did not claim the video proved anything about survival evidence. That is a different matter altogether.
Perhaps I did not make this clear enough, but I thought that the video showed physical movement of the table not possible by the laws of physics. I believe that knowledge of the reality of what is called 'the paranormal' is essential for the Spiritualist movement to progresss among the non-psychics, as well as the gifted ones.
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:15 pm

normy wrote:As I explained , it was a workshop for students who wished to obtain their own own evidence of the paranormal by means of pbjective experiments. With the hope that perhaps some might wish to pursue this wonderful form of mediumship if they have the ability.
I did not claim the video proved anything about survival evidence. That is a different matter altogether.
Perhaps I did not make this clear enough, but I thought that the video showed physical movement of the table not possible by the laws of physics. I believe that knowledge of the reality of what is called 'the paranormal' is essential for the Spiritualist movement to progresss among the non-psychics, as well as the gifted ones.
Right.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next