SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Table Tipping

+12
obiwan
taushin
bravo321uk
_Leslie_
Bill
normy
petal34
Left Behind
Admin
Mark74
Juniper
Wes
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Table Tipping Empty Table Tipping

Post by Wes Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:00 am

On Monday Night I saw a video of table tipping conducted at a mediumship training weekend. It looked pretty convincing, and was used as a way to do a reading - by tilting one way for "yes" and another way for "no".

Does anyone have a direct experience of table tipping and whether it is useful to experience it as part of one's development?
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Table Tipping Empty Re: Table Tipping

Post by Juniper Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:03 am

I had a teacher that use to work with the table from time to time.

When used in his development group he would encourage students to try and link mentally with the spirit on the table. This was done to not only aid the students mental development, but was done to try and teach a way of knowing if you had a genuine loved one or just someone who had popped in for other reasons.

He also used to go out to churches and give talks and demonstrations of table tipping. Everything I ever saw in relation to this always looked convincing. Plus, when on the table I (and others said the same) could feel a draw from our hands. On the first time I was introduced to the table, when it moved I did think to myself 'right who's moving this', but I have seen the table do moves that a person pushing the table could never do. When I have seen people who show how table tipping can be faked, again their tables never moved in the way this teachers did. Although I know my word proves nothing to anyone else. I think it is something a person has to experience themselves to know if it is real or not.

However, having said all that, I and others have noticed that you do not always get the truth when asking a question through the table. We have tested this a number of times by asking questions we know the answers to, and sometimes we get a right answer and sometimes not. I am of the mind now that although when done in love the table can provided great upliftment and help raise the energy of a group, but as far as evidence goes I feel there are much better ways.

Juniper
Juniper
Juniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark74 Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:33 pm

We had many nights at Stansted with the table in the library convincing evidence we had, it's well worth a try, I sit for it from time to time. Heard not so long ago that Tony Stockwell is an excellent table medium, he uses table tipping in some of his workshops.

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:49 am

Hi Wes I must share the report on Rev Anne Gehman's table tipping with you at the mission two table well on the move the third vibrating.

The other Sunday when the Body Mind and Psychic was on we ran a circle, with the numbers I nearly just tried for table tipping.

Remember table movement can well be a telekinetic action but even that proves there is a power beyond that which we accept. remember the spoons Wes.....

However, on a serious note some people who try this and are successful can get totally carried away with the fun of the phenomena forgetting that real communication through tables was abandoned a while ago because of its limitations.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:46 am

Yes, even my own clumsy system for the mediumistically-impaired (like my self) is a big improvement over table tipping.

Better for communication, that is: but not nearly as dramatic.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:23 am

Left Behind wrote:Yes, even my own clumsy system for the mediumistically-impaired (like my self) is a big improvement over table tipping.

Better for communication, that is: but not nearly as dramatic.

That sums up my thoughts pretty well. It would be an interesting experience to do it once, but it doesn't seem pratical or useful beyond that.
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:24 am

Great fun though Wes
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:26 am

The video I saw looked like fun, although I was hoping to see a table hopping around the room and climbing walls - maybe that's in the advanced demonstration.
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:52 am

When we were with Anne Gehman and husband Wayneit was exceptional. on one table was Anne, Wayne, Lis, Robert, a sceptical scientist and me. Hands lightly on top of the table it raced accross the big room going right left forwards or backwards to command all at the same high speed scattering people and chairs. It was leaping in the air too but tried it once too often and one of the legs broke bringing a halt to events. The scientist was just amazed as it defied all of his notions.
Following as it did an excellent transfiguration session by Anne it was a great night which all attendees remember vividly
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:29 am

I was invited to a demonstration of table tipping,plus PM,plus sandwich lunch,from about 10am to 4pm,if I remember rightly.
Not far from where I lived.
Cost was about £60 plus.
Would that be normal charge for the events included?
I had to refuse,bit expensive for me.
Joan
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Just check that out with the number of seances and other events. What was the TV program " A Nice Little Earner"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Good medium though,Admin. Knew him from the old days when he was a private medium.
£20 a reading for 45 mins and tape included.
Plenty of 'evidential evidence'.
Suppose medium had to be paid,lunch,agent etc.
Plus transport costs made rather a expensive day.
Talking about nearly £100 here.
I begged off. Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Go here and you will find another USA Spiritualist Camp Association with the perfect type of table specially made love a few of those.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Madison-Spiritualist-Camp-Meeting-Assn-NSAC/116439320886#!/media/set/?set=a.10150791686550887.393333.116439320886&type=3

Table Tipping Tippin10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:37 am

What a beautiful table.
Wouldn't mind that for my lounge,Admin. Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:52 am

Its perfect for leaping around the room without deconstructing itself Petal
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:38 am

Admin wrote:Gee whiz Petal rip off but so much seems to be circa 100 + [pounds per person for a Thompson Seance ( maybe more) , 40 to 45 people in Switzerland this year.

I did attend the workshop mentioned by Petal, but I must say I didn't feel that it was a rip off. It consisted of six hours of about ten students being given the opportunity to obtain their own basic evidence of physical phenomena, a little teaching of PM and the medium's own experiences, and a very tasty prepared lunch and refreshments. I have heard of mental mediumship workshops costing the same or more. A PM and another medium ran the course, and as they are fulltime mediums their time has to be paid for to pay their bills. It's their job. The hall and transport and food costs add to the expenses. I hate talking about money for mediumship but it has to be faced up to.
Say £60 times 10 students £600 income. The two mediums are equal partners, so with no expenses they would receive £300 each for six hours work, ie £50 an hour. Take out the cost of hall hire, petrol, and food cost, I don't know how much, that brings it down. The students were told what they would be getting for their money, it was in the light, and they all took part and seemed very satisfied with the day as it turned out. Psychic photography by all students produced a very interesting photo with extras, EVP was attempted, and table movement took place. I videoed the table movement/tilting, and although it looks like the table is being pushed or pulled, I tried on my own to push and pull the table physically in a smooth controlled manner, but was unable to do so, the friction was too great, which others found as well. So for me it was physically impossible unless the PM was present. OK it's only a bit of fun, but most people I meet don't even believe in physical phenomena, let alone survival evidence!

normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:33 am

Admin wrote:Its perfect for leaping around the room without deconstructing itself Petal

Too good for table tipping.... Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Actually Normy I agree with you a totally reasonable fee in the circumstances and provided they brought decent expertise
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:21 am

Decent expertise definitely, as I have investigated her experiences with my scientific attitude, and found complete integrity in her work. Tony Stockwell at the CPS recognised her PM abilities during a training course back in 2007 I think it was, and encouraged her development which has gone on since then in a home circle.
I tried to post my video of the table session, but I have to wait 7 days as a newbie. Smile
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:26 am

I think that table tilting is underrated as a basic PM tool, and it certainly gave me a shock when I was first searching for evidence of the paranormal etc. I have recorded all my spiritual experiences, and included them in self-published books. My first tilt occurred at a course at the Swansea Spiritual Awareness Centre in 1995.

Chapter 4: The Table Tilt

I had heard about physical phenomena. These were said to be paranormal activities which were objective, in that more than one person could witness the phenomena at the same time, and could therefore compare notes for evidence. Table tilting, or table turning, came in to this category.
At the Centre, an ordinary kitchen table, with metal legs, was placed in the middle of the hall, which was carpeted. Lighting was good, provided by red-coloured bulbs. Mediums from the Centre, and some others selected for their “energy”, stood around the table and placed their hands flat on it’s edges. Jonathon John began playing rousing songs on his keyboard, and the rest of us students, about sixty in all, who were seated around the hall, sang “ to raise the vibrations” as they say. We were encouraged to clap our hands as well, and soon the table was seen to move, a little at first.
Sceptics and newcomers were looking for tricks, mechanical devices, pushing by some method, and any other normal explanation for the movement, but we could only see the hands on the top. I had inspected the table beforehand, and had stayed watching it until the tilt began. There was nothing abnormal to account for any movement. Only the hands on the top could possibly be moving the table.
As we became excited, and clapped, making more and more noise, the table rocked quite violently, then slid quickly down the length of the hall, causing the mediums to have to run to keep up. The table swivelled round near the end of the room, causing someone to fall over as it changed direction. I saw no signs that hands were pushing the table. This went on for some time. In twos and threes, everybody who wanted to was invited to take part, replacing some of those at the table.
When my turn came, I watched very carefully, but all hands were only on the table top. No leverage to slide or rock the table seemed possible. I tried to “cheat”, by using my muscular action to stop the table moving, but it seemed to just go it’s own way, with power behind it. My hands were pushed up although I was pushing down hard, the table rocked, then it would swivel on one leg, then slide quickly down the room again. I had to run with it to keep my hands on it’s top. All this was quite shocking to my scientific, rational mind. It should not have happened, by the laws of physics. There was no “normal” explanation. I could only speculate that whatever “energy” had been generated by the singing and excitement, and the mediums, had been converted to some kind of physical, but unseen and unknown, power. This had moved the table in a purposeful way.
When all had taken part, and things had settled down a little, the mediums sat around the table with only their hands on it. We could clearly see every movement they made. In response to questions, the table rocked once for “yes”, and twice for “no”. A message was given, allegedly from Spirit, by the table tilting a number of times to correspond with a letter of the alphabet. One tilt meant A, 26 tilts meant Z, and so on. The table tilted each time about 12 inches upwards, and gently down again. This was repeated until a letter was completed, then there was a pause before the next letter was tilted out. Eventually, a meaningful message was completed in this way, and was understood and accepted by one of the mediums.
Did this message by tilting mean that spirit people were intelligently communicating, after controlling, earlier, the very spectacular table tilt which I could not explain?
Or was there a form of energy, hidden to science at the moment, and only available under certain conditions, which had been provided today, which could move tables about, and tilt out a message when asked? All this seemed impossible, but it happened, and I had to accept what happened. I thought that I would like to take part in another tilt one day, where I was involved in setting up the conditions. I would need to see all hands to be completely off the table, and the tilting continue, before I would be absolutely convinced.

I now believed that there must be a relationship between our physical world, and an undefined energy connected with “ the psychic” which could move tables. This was tangible and real. The Spirit World may, or may not, be involved. Ectoplasm may or may not be involved. As in the case of messages from mediums, table tilting phenomena are ambiguous, difficult to classify. It seems that everything connected with the Spirit World is set up to be ambiguous. Evidence is given, but not proof. There is always more than one explanation. Which one you choose to accept is up to you!
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:37 am

In 1996, I attended a NAS seminar at Burton on Trent and took part in a table tilt with a PM and a few others, in subdued white electric light. My account:
"On 5th April, the circle travelled to the NAS seminar at Burton-on-Trent. In the evening we were asked to do a table tilt with Ray, Brenda, Beryl, and Sandy. After the prayer, finger tips were placed on the table, and soon there were tremors in the table. We asked for one tilt for yes, and two for no. Letters were then provided by the number of tilts. A name Scott, then Lucy aged 7, was spelled out, known to Beryl and Brenda, then two more known to them.
Next was a Horace for Fred, and the table rocked violently towards her until it was hitting her body. We had to pull it back to the middle.
I then asked for all hands to be taken off the table, or only fingertips on , to prove it wasn’t us moving it, in the good but subdued light. A message for Brenda and Beryl ended up with the table on their laps.
Lastly, there was a message from Freddie for Di. The table rocked towards her. She asked where are you now?, and he spelled out “In Heaven”. We sang one of his songs, and the table rocked very actively in to her lap for some time."

normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:42 am

Thanks Normy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:44 am

The next tilt took place in my own home circle in July 2000. Hope I'm not boring the members Very Happy

"I had always wanted to take part in a table tilt, in good red light, where I knew that all hands were off the table at some point but movement still occurred, and there was no possibility of fraud because I controlled the conditions, as host and leader of the circle.

On 20th July 2000, Rosemary suggested that we have a table tilt with the red light on. Di’s round wooden table was cleared and placed in the middle. Present were Di, Rosemary, Pam, and myself. We all placed fingers on the table, and singing began. Suddenly, the table rocked towards Di, and it was not us doing it.
Rosemary then asked, “ Do you have a message for someone? If so, tilt once, please”.
It tilted once.
Di: “Is it for Norman?” No tilt, but raps are on the recorded tape.
Norman: “ It is one rock for yes, isn’t it?” Tilt, and a rap on tape.
Rosemary: “We could go through the alphabet. Have you a message for Pam, if so, rock once. No tilt. “ Is it for Di?” No tilt. “Is it for Rosemary?” No tilt.
Di: “Do you have a message for the whole circle?” One tilt towards Di.
Rosemary: “ Shall we go through the alphabet?” One tilt.
Di started to call out letters, and it tilted once at S. Di continued this, and an I and a K were given one tilt. We checked it was SIK so far, and got one tilt. Next letters given were E and S, so we asked confirmation if it was Sikes. One tilt told us yes.
Di: “ Is that your name?” Tilt.
Rosemary: “ Is that Mister?” One tilt.
Di: “It’s not Eric Sykes is it?” No tilt.
Di then called out letters for his Christian name, and it tilted at N.
Di: “Is it Norman Sikes?” Tilt. “Are you well?” Tilt. “ I’m very glad you came tonight. Is the circle progressing OK ?” Tilt. “Is it OK if we ask questions?” Tilt.
Rosemary: “ Have you come alone, Mr Sikes? Table rocked quickly and repeatedly. “So you brought friends with you?” Tilt.
Di: “You’re all very welcome, are you working with the circle?” Tilt. “ Are you in charge of the physical phenomena?” Tilt. “Is my Dad here, Mr Sikes?” Tilt. “That’s nice. Is my Zak here?” No tilt.
Pam:“Is my Dad there?” Tilt. “How about my Mum, is she here too?” Tilt.
Di: “ Is Norman’s Mum here?” Tilt.
Rosemary: “Is my brother here?” No tilt.
Di: “ Is George Chapman here?” No tilt.
Pam: “ Hello Dad, if you’re there I miss you”. Tilt.

The table then repeatedly tilted and rocked towards Norman, moved towards him, and hit against his stomach. All hands were either right off the table, or only lightly touching. Norman thanked whoever was rocking the table against him. The table then went on one leg, and moved along the floor, rocked violently as though dancing, and got stuck on Norman’s chair. It was placed back in the middle, but then it rocked quickly in to Di’s lap.
Norman: “ Do you have a message for the circle?” Tilt.
Rosemary: “ Shall we go through the alphabet?” No tilt.
Norman: “Is the message, that you are showing us you’re here, by this method of communication?” Tilt. “Was Rosemary inspired from your side to suggest doing this?” Tilt. “ Should we do this every week?” No tilt.
Rosemary: “Was I inspired because we wanted evidence of your presence?” Tilt.
Norman: “Did you put the name, Tina, on to the tape last week?” No tilt.
Di: “Did Spirit put the name on the tape?” Tilt. “We send you our love Mr Sikes, do you send us yours?” Tilt. “You’re very welcome, as you come in love. Are they happy with the way the circle is going?” Tilt. “Do you want us to have the red light on?” No tilt. “Do you have someone with you?” Tilt. “Shall we continue as we have been doing?” No tilt.

More questions were asked about conditions, but there were no tilts.
Norman: “Are you waiting to get an answer from your friends?” Tilt. “They may be debating it now”. No tilt, but a click is on tape.
Rosemary: “Can you see somebody on my right, Di?” Yes. “They’re taking me over actually.
Di: “The message will come through you, then.”

During the hymn “Be thou my vision”, we welcomed a friend speaking through Rosemary. They were worried that we were beginning to waver in our beliefs, especially Norman.
Di said, “Is that why you kept hitting him in the stomach?”
“ I am part of the energies which you call ‘I am’. My friend here has been given an insight in to ‘I am’. Explanations can be made later. You will see upon the person of my instrument ‘I am’.” A click follows on the tape.
I could see Rosemary’s face changing, and said so, Pam also saw change. The communicator said that it was made up of ectoplasm and other energies.
We thanked ‘I am’, who said that this instrument was particularly good to work with. Di said that’s good, and we were told that was another reason for the red light.
Music was resumed, Di began to go off, and said someone was sitting on her knee. A double click is heard on the tape, and the table started rocking violently again. We asked if it was Norman Sikes again, and got one tilt.
Rosemary: “ When we had Tina last week on tape, was that the Tina I know, in Spirit?” Tilt. “ Was that why I thought about Brian the next day?” Tilt. “Thank you Tina, that’s brilliant”.
Pam asked if Rosemary knew her very well, and was told that she was a client who died very young.
Rosemary: “Are you here tonight Tina?” No tilt.
Norman: “Will you tilt once for yes, or twice for no?” Two tilts.
Rosemary: “Will you give my love to Tina please?” Tilt.

The table started rocking again. We asked if anyone wanted to speak through Di. A tilt answered us. Music was turned off, and Dorothy spoke through Di. Norman was told that he should start believing more, and that a lady would not leave her alone, she just keeps on about chips, chips, chips! This made perfect sense, to do with my mother. Instructions were given about the room setup for next week, and that ended a most remarkable séance as far as I was concerned.

In 2004, I was invited to join a new group of interested people, mainly healers, to help them try table tilting. It was a complete failure, although we tried twice under similar conditions. So- it’s not that easy! "

normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:52 am

normy wrote:
Admin wrote:Gee whiz Petal rip off but so much seems to be circa 100 + [pounds per person for a Thompson Seance ( maybe more) , 40 to 45 people in Switzerland this year.

I did attend the workshop mentioned by Petal, but I must say I didn't feel that it was a rip off. It consisted of six hours of about ten students being given the opportunity to obtain their own basic evidence of physical phenomena, a little teaching of PM and the medium's own experiences, and a very tasty prepared lunch and refreshments. I have heard of mental mediumship workshops costing the same or more. A PM and another medium ran the course, and as they are fulltime mediums their time has to be paid for to pay their bills. It's their job. The hall and transport and food costs add to the expenses. I hate talking about money for mediumship but it has to be faced up to.
Say £60 times 10 students £600 income. The two mediums are equal partners, so with no expenses they would receive £300 each for six hours work, ie £50 an hour. Take out the cost of hall hire, petrol, and food cost, I don't know how much, that brings it down. The students were told what they would be getting for their money, it was in the light, and they all took part and seemed very satisfied with the day as it turned out. Psychic photography by all students produced a very interesting photo with extras, EVP was attempted, and table movement took place. I videoed the table movement/tilting, and although it looks like the table is being pushed or pulled, I tried on my own to push and pull the table physically in a smooth controlled manner, but was unable to do so, the friction was too great, which others found as well. So for me it was physically impossible unless the PM was present. OK it's only a bit of fun, but most people I meet don't even believe in physical phenomena, let alone survival evidence!

Incidently,I wasn't saying it was a rip off,Normy.
I would have given my right eye to attend.
But I just couldn't afford it.
Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:00 am

That's all right Petal, I know you didn't say or mean that! Smile
normy
normy

Back to top Go down