card readings et al

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by Wes on Thu May 31, 2012 12:16 am

Mac, did you arrive at any conclusions from the input you received?
avatar
Wes


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by mac on Thu May 31, 2012 6:50 am

Wes wrote:Mac, did you arrive at any conclusions from the input you received?

It's still a work-in-progress, Wes.....

I'm expecting some more information shortly but thus far it's an unclear picture. Those with the kind of understanding found in a Spiritualist forum are inclined to see a measure of psychic reading in their card readings. Others find it hard to give a detailed explanation of what they do and I've heard little from recipients of readings.

Even though I've run the thread over several websites only a small number of contributors have responded and I expect I'll be little-the-wiser at the end of the process! Smile


mac


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by Wes on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:04 am

It would be worth having a look at a standard tarot deck and studying the literal meanings of the cards as part of your study. What I have found is that it is very easy to come up with a "general" sort of reading from the cards that would be enough to impress some people if delivered in a convincing way - such as using a bit of fishing and body language reading to flesh out the cards' initial meaning.

There are cards that relate to making a deicsion, or starting something new, or having discord in your life - all general sorts of things that most people would relate to and could be built on by the reader to provide a convincing message. I suspect some tarot readers are doing this, believing they are working with a higher power, when all they are really doing is following the client's lead and telling them what they want to hear.

It's only by going beyond the literal meaning of the cards and letting spirit or your psychic abilities do the "decoding" that a tarot reading can become truly beneficial, in my opinion.



avatar
Wes


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by mac on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:45 am

Wes wrote:It would be worth having a look at a standard tarot deck and studying the literal meanings of the cards as part of your study. What I have found is that it is very easy to come up with a "general" sort of reading from the cards that would be enough to impress some people if delivered in a convincing way - such as using a bit of fishing and body language reading to flesh out the cards' initial meaning.

There are cards that relate to making a deicsion, or starting something new, or having discord in your life - all general sorts of things that most people would relate to and could be built on by the reader to provide a convincing message. I suspect some tarot readers are doing this, believing they are working with a higher power, when all they are really doing is following the client's lead and telling them what they want to hear.

It's only by going beyond the literal meaning of the cards and letting spirit or your psychic abilities do the "decoding" that a tarot reading can become truly beneficial, in my opinion.




Since writing my earlier message I've received a personal reading from a practitioner friend who's also the owner of another 'spooks' website where I'm a regular and where I've also been running this same thread topic. She's incidentally also a medium and we've been discussing the nature of both playing card and Tarot card readings and trying to progress the matters under discussion. She's naturally highly aware of the chance of psychic reading and/or mediumship entering the cartomancy arena so we're approaching the whole business looking carefully at what's emerging.

My interest is not in understanding cards themselves (I'm far from convinced they have a function anyway) but rather I'm interested in the aspect of communication, an ongoing interest of mine in all fields and not just that of cards etc. My reading, incidentally, was one from playing cards and the next one will be from a Tarot deck for comparison. The reader is approaching this in much the same way as myself inasmuch as it's an investigation into what's involved and what the results show. The actual reading was done without my knowledge about when it was to be done (as will the Tarot reading shortly) and I couldn't, therefore, have consciously affected the result. I posted it on the forum board along with my responses. At some point we're going to try an online reading for yet another comparison.


I'm surprised and disappointed that I've had little feedback from reading recipients even though I've run the thread over several websites.


mac


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by Wes on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:32 pm

mac wrote:My interest is not in understanding cards themselves (I'm far from convinced they have a function anyway) but rather I'm interested in the aspect of communication, an ongoing interest of mine in all fields and not just that of cards etc.

I suggested learning the cards as it will give an insight into what is happening in a face to face reading. You would be able to tell if the cards are being interpreted literally, or if the reader is drawing on information or inspiration from other sources. Particularly if the death card shows up, as it literally means death, but a more lateral interpretation would be the end of a situation or termination of a partnership etc.
avatar
Wes


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by mac on Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Wes wrote:
mac wrote:My interest is not in understanding cards themselves (I'm far from convinced they have a function anyway) but rather I'm interested in the aspect of communication, an ongoing interest of mine in all fields and not just that of cards etc.

I suggested learning the cards as it will give an insight into what is happening in a face to face reading. You would be able to tell if the cards are being interpreted literally, or if the reader is drawing on information or inspiration from other sources. Particularly if the death card shows up, as it literally means death, but a more lateral interpretation would be the end of a situation or termination of a partnership etc.

Actually all I'm seeking is an insight from those who've given or received readings. I don't want to learn about or to assess the techniques, I don't want to become a reader or a recipient. I'm more than happy just to listen to what individuals with experience have to say.

simple

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by petal34 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:45 pm

I've had card/tarot readings throughout my life,not to see my future but testing as I go.

I had one recently,a playing card reading.
Step by step I am checking it out with the reader,a small test agreed by both of us.
Each step up to now has been right on.
Coming up to the future now in the reading.....let's see what happens in my immediate future compared to the cards.
Like she was looking at my life through a microscope.
Taken from the last few months (past) to future, Xmas time.
I reckon she would be worth a fortune on Blackpool pier.
cheers
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by LeroyC on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Hello Everyone,

For what its worth, here are my thoughts on this thread. I link to this site as ( I thought ) it dealt with Spiritualism, and central to that, one hopes survival EVIDENCE. That is my sole intrest, indeed it is the most important question we should be looking at, it supercedes all others.

Tell me, what in earth has card reading got to do with Spiritualism ??. It is because so called Spiritualists and to their shame some 'Spiritualist Curches' pedal this trash that Spiritualism has wound up the way it has. Card reading may well have its place, but it certainly is not within Spiritualism. This is the central reason I now no longer frequent the churches.

LeroyC

LeroyC


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by mac on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:32 pm

For those who haven't seen this on SCR.... (where there's a disclaimer about Spiritualism and the reason this thread is in 'General Topics' where anything goes.....) It may touch on psychic reading which is all-too-often passed off as mediumship as you know.

"Recently I've been trying to get a handle on card reading, crystal ball etc. Wikipedia suggests something like the following: “Tarot reading revolves around the belief that the cards can be used to gain insight into the past, current and possible future situations of the enquirer. Some believe they are guided by a spiritual force, while others believe the cards help them tap into a collective unconscious or their own creative, brainstorming subconscious.” I'd guess there'll be something similar for other forms of reading.

I'm not interested in the mechanism of readings but I'd like to hear what practitioners feel they are doing, the source of any information acquired. I'd also like to hear what enquirers felt about the readings they've had and where they thought any information came from. Additionally I'd like to learn what benefit practitioners feel they are providing and what recipients feel they received."

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by petal34 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi LeroyC.
Card readings can link to Spiritualism in a certain way.
If Mediumship comes into the factor.
It doesn't often but can and do.
I never normally try and link the two but have received certain facts from card readings recently and in the past which has proved this.
My opinion is, spirit does link with cards (playing cards) to pass the occasional message through.
Petal
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by Left Behind on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:56 pm

May Spirit give you pleasant visits in your dreams, Petal!

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:17 am

http://www.buzzfeed.com/amyodell/psychics-the-new-therapists

Here may be one reason people go for readings Psychics the new therapists
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by petal34 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Hoping to get a new member on here who is a good tarot reader and part medium.
She has never been on this kind of site before.
She has a good idea of mediumship but would love to learn more.
Straighten up,guys.....she's pretty!
Laughing
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by petal34 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:35 am

Want a bit of Mansion polish? If it still exists.
Very Happy
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by Left Behind on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:10 pm

petal34 wrote:Hoping to get a new member on here who is a good tarot reader and part medium.
She has never been on this kind of site before.
She has a good idea of mediumship but would love to learn more.
Straighten up,guys.....she's pretty!
Laughing

Can't wait to see her avatar then! Very Happy


Last edited by Left Behind on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by petal34 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:22 pm

Left Behind wrote:
petal34 wrote:Hoping to get a new member on here who is a good tarot reader and part medium.
She has never been on this kind of site before.
She has a good idea of mediumship but would love to learn more.
Straighten up,guys.....she's pretty!
Laughing

Can't wait to see her avatar then! Very Happy

She doesn't use a personal picture,Jim.
lol!
Stopped at the door.....sorry! Sad
Joan
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: card readings et al

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum