SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healing Demo - Saddleworth Church

2 posters

Go down

Healing Demo - Saddleworth Church Empty Healing Demo - Saddleworth Church

Post by _Leslie_ Mon May 14, 2012 11:34 am

Visited Saddleworth SNU Church last Saturday (I was supposed to be the 'guest' contact healer... Wink )

Chris Denton (SNU) gave an interesting talk on healing and demonstrated, Trance, Energy and Contact healing (with, in fairness some success). Dennis Jackson (SNU) then gave a talk on Aboriginal healing, including an overview of his experience in Australia (over 20 years) - which everyone found fascinating... particularity the 'aboriginal attunement' Wink

I personally enjoy healing demonstrations, though its a little sad that they are not as well supported as they used to be, none the less a wonderful welcome awaited us and I'm now looking forward to hopefully attending and helping out at Denton Festival hall later on in the year - where I believe some of 'John Caine' healers will also be in attendance.
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Healing Demo - Saddleworth Church Empty Re: Healing Demo - Saddleworth Church

Post by KatyKing Mon May 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Well you were not more than five miles from my home village of Moorhouse hard by J 21 off M62 half way up Bleakedgate Moor (next moor to Saddleworth Moor) Les.
Very posh round there these days, lots of what we called 'yuppies' bought into the old stone cottages a few years back.
Second oldest Lyceum in England was Saddleworth we had joint church jollies with them when we were kids.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Mon May 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Had I known we were that close I'd have done my best to say 'hello'.
Certainly a lovely location and church.
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon May 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Don't live there now Les came south to escape the rain.
Sister's just round the corner though in Delph village.
How was the turnout?
Our old church up there is struggling, shame too cos proper working class Spiritualism began in the Pennine villages.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Mon May 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Turnout was a little disappointing. I know it seems that everyone is only interested in 'mediumship' these days, but I often wonder if it's also down to the lack of big healers these days... You know the like of Harry Edwards and co.
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon May 14, 2012 9:51 pm

The NHS did for a lot of those big healing ralles I reckon although Harry Edwards did some into the sixties. I see from PN that HE Sanctuary healers are planning to go out and do public healing dems again.
Before my time but Dad said before NHS there was more choice. Doctor cost half a crown. Herbalist a shilling and healer was free or sixpence donation. Once it became free everybody went NHS.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down