SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trance mediumship and inspiration - what are the differences

4 posters

Go down

Trance mediumship and inspiration - what are the differences Empty Trance mediumship and inspiration - what are the differences

Post by Quiet Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Talking with a friend who is a trance medium yesterday, she said she had sometimes wondered whether her trance mediumship is more inspirational in that Spirit had developed her own spirit to the extent that her innate spirit identity was released and speaking when she was apparently in trance.

It is an interesting hypothesis which has sometimes occurred to me in a different context. If we are indeed spirit then it is perfectly feasible that such a thing could happen.

Our human lives and experiences can weigh us down. If we learn some way of rising above that at times and allow our true spiritual selves free then it seems possible that we could speak with the same wisdom and insight that we have attributed to 'overshadowing' spirit communicators.

Not always but sometimes, perhaps. Obviously spirit communicators like Silver Birch, Ramadahn and Chan were great overshadowing spirits.

What do you think? Don't shout me down (please). Just quietly think about it.

I have sometimes wondered whether poets are actually highly developed spirits. Not all but some. They speak with such beauty and insight at times, it seems that they have an otherworldly understanding. I am speaking of the kind of poetry that makes our souls sing Smile.

And some musicians too.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Trance mediumship and inspiration - what are the differences Empty Re: Trance mediumship and inspiration - what are the differences

Post by KatyKing Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:30 pm

From a slide I use for mediumship development class....
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Inspired is breathed into by Spirit.
Trance mediumship is controlled by a spirit or spirits.
FIrst is conscious volition to respond.
Second is unconscious complicity.
Stepping aside that another may use one's physical instruments.
The product of and from inspiration is the property of the conscious individual whilst that from trance is the property of and from the speaking spirit or spirits.
'Property' as appertaining to rather than belonging to.
[Usually].
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HTH
It's not necessarily correct for every instance but is a good discussion starter.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Trance mediumship and inspiration - what are the differences Empty Re: Trance mediumship and inspiration - what are the differences

Post by Quiet Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Yes, I have been taught that.

But this was raised by someone who is an accepted trance medium. She sits in a circle with one of the best and most experienced trance mediums here

Perhaps there are different degrees of overshadowing or control?

Yesterday was the first time she has mentioned this to me so openly but I have felt on some occasions that she was thinking this way.

When I was new to this circle I wondered about it myself. At certain times I know my higher self is more predominant Smile. But I doubt that I could speak spontaneously for 20 minutes. Definitely not.

In fact, the more I become aware of higher levels of consciousness the more I feel the need for silence.

I've listened to my friend speak often and sometimes it has seemed to me that she has more than one communicator. And she does seem in a genuine trance. I think she is a gifted medium in other ways as well but she doesn't agree with me Smile

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Fine post and good observation.
SB, of course is the mouthpiece for a group and never claimed any wisdom for himself.
Silence seems a pre-requiste to appreciate greater depth.
There does indeed seem to be many who would use a channel to reach their audience, but the level of the address seems to be determined by the understanding of the audience. Thus a 'speaker' may feel a contradiction while speaking, but should try not to mentally 'grip' it as often the case that the guide is trying to make a point by a another approach.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Trance gives me a headache and I'm really too much of a control freak to be any use in that direction.
Overshadowing though that's OK. For me that's simply an extra strong link with my guide
Symptoms internally are clearer better direction and externally my accent slips into a more pronounced brogue and possibly archaic phraeology sometimes. I work a lot faster overshadowed but know what's said all the time. It comes and goes, can't effect it and never sought to cultivate it.
Lovely elderly lady medium comes to us and does full trance lecturettes. Usually an elderly German Dr. Quite amazing, she goes into trance almost to order and can come out of trance have a sip of water and move straight into a regular dem.
She's been at it over fifty years though. Privilege to see and hear.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:49 am

KatyKing wrote:From a slide I use for mediumship development class....
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Inspired is breathed into by Spirit.
Trance mediumship is controlled by a spirit or spirits.
FIrst is conscious volition to respond.
Second is unconscious complicity.
Stepping aside that another may use one's physical instruments.
The product of and from inspiration is the property of the conscious individual whilst that from trance is the property of and from the speaking spirit or spirits.
'Property' as appertaining to rather than belonging to.
[Usually].
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HTH
It's not necessarily correct for every instance but is a good discussion starter.

Good explanation.

"Inspired" religious writers would therefore conscious of the fact that they're receiving something from spirit. They're still the writer, and haven't become simply the pen.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Yep automatic writers are unconscious of what their hand is writing or typing but inspired writers and orators are consciously complicit. That which [or them as] inspires chooses that unique corporeal instrument so the product is a composite with two or more authors one of whom is on this side of life.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down