SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Etheric World.

5 posters

Go down

The Etheric World. Empty The Etheric World.

Post by petal34 Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:36 pm

I really do not know too much about this subject.
Except to say I believe this is the first world we encounter after physical death.
Would some kind person please explain this mysterious world to me?
Smile
Petal
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

The Etheric World. Empty Re: The Etheric World.

Post by KatyKing Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:35 pm

I think etheric was a fashionable term in the old days to denote a higher vibration world beyond ours. Theory as I understand it was that beyond the seen all was ether. Bit like that dark matter idea these days. Hence Findlays On the Edge of te Etheric could have been called Onthe edge of worlds beyond.
I'm no expert petal so this is what was taught as a kid nd then came to accept because evidence bears it out for me. That's not to say this is right. It' just my impressions.
Summer Land is Spiritualist destination of choice. Much like here only better and we'e buildig our home over there whilst on this side by our deeds prayers and thoughts.
Pre summerland areas for bad sorts who get to learn he error of their ways and progress into Summer Land. Even real stinkers get the chance to progress if they make the effort.
Above Summer Land are higher spheres we can move up to if we want and when we'e ready. Hgher sorts can come into Summer Land in same way spirits can come to us BUT Summer Land people can' just pop into higher spheres on a whim. Rogression is via personal spiritual development. Reincarnation reckon is more likely higher sphere types volunteering to come back. Dali Lamas and those sorts. But I don't know and its not something I fancy but each to their own. Summer Land will do for me. Back amongst loved ones and pets gone before. No more aches and pains. Nice area handy for the shops with opportunities for travel and hobbies, maybe a little part time job as a spirit guide just to keep one's hand in. Not full time mind you,just so as to help them out when they're busy . I cannot imagine why more people aren't queuing up to become Spiritualists. We must have the best version of the afterlife of any faith group.
No disrespect but the Christian harps and hymns version sounds a bit dull to me. That said it seems popular so I suppose they enter something along those lines when they pass but with the opportunity of moving in to Summer Land if they get fed up.
Joanna my guide passed in 1814 and she is happy to stay in Summer Land. She's up to date on latest ideas on this side but still a bit old fashioned in her way. She's never mentioned reincarnation voluntarily but if asked will say.. There's them as knows. Not me....
She lives on a farmstead similar to the one she grew up on in Devon. Her mum and dad live across the way and her sisters and nephews and nieces are nearby. She never married but has spirit friends of both sexes. Joanna keeps very busy there and on this side too. Something similar will do for me and I'm told regularly and have seen more than once there's a nice plot of Summerland with my name on it for when I get there. Nothing fancy but more than enough and it seldom rains there which has to be a bonus.
Hope that helps petal.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:00 pm

]quote]The Etheric World.

by petal34 Yesterday at 11:36 p.m

Except to say I believe this is the first world we encounter after physical death.

Petal[/quote]

Why should someone have to explain it to you when you can read it youself?

"On The Edge Of The Eetheric" by Arthur Findlay explains it very well and it's a free download on the internet.

All it requires is a little effort.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:32 pm

I agree with you, Peter. I remember what Mark Twain said (through his demon protagonist) in Messages from Earth (title something like that): "Hardly anyone in this world knows how to play the harp. And most people don't sing very often, and when they do, it doesn't sound very good. So why do they assume they'll be happy, singling and playing the harp incessantly, forever?"

Give me a little no-maintenance cottage and garden, travel around Summerland, books and friends and my wife Jan, and some work helping spirit, and I'll be happy. If you want to sing Hosanna nonstop, or "become one with the Mind of the Infinite", you're welcome to my share. Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:35 pm

zerdini wrote:]quote]The Etheric World.

Petal

"On The Edge Of The Eetheric" by Arthur Findlay explains it very well and it's a free download on the internet.

All it requires is a little effort.[/quote]

This is a good source, as is his later book Where Two Worlds Meet: and so is the Benson / Borgia series: Life in the World Unseen, More About Life in the World Unseen, and Here and Hereafter.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Left Behind wrote:
zerdini wrote:]quote]The Etheric World.

Petal

All it requires is a little effort.

This is a good source, as is his later book Where Two Worlds Meet: and so is the Benson / Borgia series: Life in the World Unseen, More About Life in the World Unseen, and Here and Hereafter.

Jim[/quote]

Couldn't agree more, Jim. There is a plethora of books on the subject.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:24 pm

KatyKing wrote:I think etheric was a fashionable term in the old days to denote a higher vibration world beyond ours. Theory as I understand it was that beyond the seen all was ether. Bit like that dark matter idea these days. Hence Findlays On the Edge of te Etheric could have been called Onthe edge of worlds beyond.
I'm no expert petal so this is what was taught as a kid nd then came to accept because evidence bears it out for me. That's not to say this is right. It' just my impressions.
Summer Land is Spiritualist destination of choice. Much like here only better and we'e buildig our home over there whilst on this side by our deeds prayers and thoughts.
Pre summerland areas for bad sorts who get to learn he error of their ways and progress into Summer Land. Even real stinkers get the chance to progress if they make the effort.
Above Summer Land are higher spheres we can move up to if we want and when we'e ready. Hgher sorts can come into Summer Land in same way spirits can come to us BUT Summer Land people can' just pop into higher spheres on a whim. Rogression is via personal spiritual development. Reincarnation reckon is more likely higher sphere types volunteering to come back. Dali Lamas and those sorts. But I don't know and its not something I fancy but each to their own. Summer Land will do for me. Back amongst loved ones and pets gone before. No more aches and pains. Nice area handy for the shops with opportunities for travel and hobbies, maybe a little part time job as a spirit guide just to keep one's hand in. Not full time mind you,just so as to help them out when they're busy . I cannot imagine why more people aren't queuing up to become Spiritualists. We must have the best version of the afterlife of any faith group.
No disrespect but the Christian harps and hymns version sounds a bit dull to me. That said it seems popular so I suppose they enter something along those lines when they pass but with the opportunity of moving in to Summer Land if they get fed up.
Joanna my guide passed in 1814 and she is happy to stay in Summer Land. She's up to date on latest ideas on this side but still a bit old fashioned in her way. She's never mentioned reincarnation voluntarily but if asked will say.. There's them as knows. Not me....
She lives on a farmstead similar to the one she grew up on in Devon. Her mum and dad live across the way and her sisters and nephews and nieces are nearby. She never married but has spirit friends of both sexes. Joanna keeps very busy there and on this side too. Something similar will do for me and I'm told regularly and have seen more than once there's a nice plot of Summerland with my name on it for when I get there. Nothing fancy but more than enough and it seldom rains there which has to be a bonus.
Hope that helps petal.

It helps a lot,Peter.
Fills out the outline quite a lot indeed.
I feel Summerland would be excellent for me when my time arrives.
Many thanks to you.
Petal Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Peter wrote:

Exactly.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:26 pm

Gotta be better than harp combos petal.
I like the tune to Amazing Grace but some of the words....
When weve been there ten thousand years. Bright shining as the sun.Weve no less days to sing Gods praise. Than when we first begun.
I like a good tune as much as the next medium but a 10K plus year singalong...
No ta.
Reckon Jim LB's with the programme too. Please Spirit it'll be many a year yet but if we don't get chance to meet this side you must all pop round to mine in Summerland. Have to excuse the mess though. Lots of pets so wipe your feet on leaving not entering.... Teas and cake are on me and Mrs K reckons Angel Cake will be popular on that side of life. Bring sugar lumps for the horses.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:30 pm

You are sad today George. There's an anniversary.............
All will be well.
:-)
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:04 pm

KatyKing wrote:You are sad today George. There's an anniversary.............
All will be well.
:-)

I haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about, Peter Rolling Eyes

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:27 pm

OK
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:40 am

KatyKing wrote:Gotta be better than harp combos petal.
When weve been there ten thousand years. Bright shining as the sun.Weve no less days to sing Gods praise. Than when we first begun.
No ta.
Reckon Jim LB's with the programme too. Please Spirit it'll be many a year yet but if we don't get chance to meet this side you must all pop round to mine in Summerland. Have to excuse the mess though. Lots of pets so wipe your feet on leaving not entering.... Teas and cake are on me and Mrs K reckons Angel Cake will be popular on that side of life. Bring sugar lumps for the horses.

I sincerely hope quite seriously that will be the way of the (spirit) world when I leave this physical level behind.
Friendships,kindness and the abilty for all to live in peace together.
Very Happy
Petal.
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:37 am

petal34 wrote:
No ta.

I sincerely hope quite seriously that will be the way of the (spirit) world when I leave this physical level behind.
Very Happy
Petal.

As ye sow so shall ye reap.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by skfarblum Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:10 am

I feel that what ever place we land up in after leaving the body is
going to be temporary.I suspect a Dynamic which ever so gently is
constantly pushing souls to develop themselves.One may stay
in a single place for eons,but one day the urge will come to
move on.
The image I have of a soul is a self-repairing,self-searching self-developing entity
I look forward to challenges and the friendships and co-operation
they engender.
Just a personal opinion
Stephen

Last edited by skfarblum on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
skfarblum
skfarblum

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:41 am

zerdini wrote:
petal34 wrote:
No ta.

Very Happy
Petal.

As ye sow so shall ye reap.

Exactly.
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:37 am

Then I should be reaping cabbages in due course. Managed to get some in today. Still wet though.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:09 pm

No ta..

Laughing Has me remembering a TV show from my childhood, called "Sing Along With Mitch". Starred bandleader Mitch Miller. The lyrics were posted on your TV screen, and you were instructed to "follow the bouncing ball" as you sang. Razz

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:16 pm

KatyKing wrote:

If you get there before I do, Peter or Petal, look up my wife Jan. She's lots of fun, and loves tea, cakes, pets, and horses.

If you get there after I do, Jan and I will both greet you when you arrive. Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:07 pm

That's a deal Jim. Can't say that I love horses. Just keep paying for 'em. Flippin' dopey lump of ours seem to eat twenty pound notes.
Wouldn't be without one though. If times get tough we could always eat it. Can't do that with cats.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Left Behind wrote:
KatyKing wrote:

If you get there before I do, Peter or Petal, look up my wife Jan. She's lots of fun, and loves tea, cakes, pets, and horses.

If you get there after I do, Jan and I will both greet you when you arrive. Very Happy

Jim

I'll be there,Jim! Can I bring me dogs and cat!
Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Couldn't imagine an afterlife without dogs and cats. Wonder if cats are just as bossy in Summerland.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:29 pm

Dogs, cats, AND horses are all welcome in my little patch of Summerland! Very Happy

My grandfaither (me grandfaither) was a big race track habitue. When anyone took him to task about it, he defended his losses on the grounds that he was feeding the horses! The Etheric World. 590702

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:52 pm

LOL
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down