SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I became a Spiritualist Part lll

4 posters

Go down

How I became a Spiritualist Part lll Empty How I became a Spiritualist Part lll

Post by Bill Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:09 pm

In December 1970, I was posted to Carlisle in what was then Cumberland.
After I had been there a few weeks, Pam and I decided to visit the Spiritualist Church in the city centre. When we arrived we were greeted by the President who told me that he had been waiting for me to come as he wanted me to take over the running of the church, lock, stock and barrel. I think he was a little put out when I told him thanks but no thanks.
I thought it all rather odd to put it mildly. After the service he told me that his guides were insisting that I took over. I told him that my guides were equally insistent that I should not.
I therefore gave up the presidency before I had even got it.
During my time in Carlisle I did some platform work in Barrow and Newcastle among other places. Newcastle was a lovely, well attended church and I enjoyed working there several times.
When I had been in Carlisle for a year or so I read in the Cumberland News that a lady who lived in Berrymoor Rd in Brampton was being terrified by a ghost in her house. It gave her name as a Mrs G. but no house number. That evening, after tea I drove out to Brampton and found Berrymoor Rd. It turned out to be a very long rd with terraced houses down both sides.
I drove the full length of the rd, turned around and headed back down it. About two thirds of the way back, I pulled up, knocked on a door and asked the lady who answered if she knew where Mrs G lived. OK you guessed it. She replied that she was the Mrs G I was looking for.
She readily accepted my offer of help and within an hour, I had seen the spirit of a man on the stairs and was successful in moving him on into the light. She was very grateful and said that she could feel the house was already much warmer with a happy atmosphere.
I thought, great, job done and off I went. Two days later I was horrified to find the story of the exorcism plastered on the front page of the Cumberland News. She had betrayed her promise to me not to give me any publicity. The consequences were that Border TV took up the story and I appeared on TV. I was also interviewed on BBC radio. The national papers picked up the story and whilst most of them gave accurate reports, others (Psychic News included) had headlines like "Army gives ghost its marching orders". and so on in similar vein.
Ah well, I suppose that you just can't win 'em all.

Bill

Back to top Go down

How I became a Spiritualist Part lll Empty Re: How I became a Spiritualist Part lll

Post by Admin Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:07 am

Hi Bill,

What a wonderful story I look forward immensely to Part 4.

BLL

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How I became a Spiritualist Part lll Empty Re: How I became a Spiritualist Part lll

Post by mandy Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi Everyone

Bill how very interesting. Thankyou for sharing.

Love and Light

Mandy xx

mandy

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:38 pm

Old post,I know but couldn't resist reading it.
Mostly because I know most of the places mentioned in it.
A Geordie girl born and bred. Very Happy

Petal
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down