SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man 'killed parents after psychic visit'

+2
_Leslie_
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Man 'killed parents after psychic visit' Empty Man 'killed parents after psychic visit'

Post by Admin Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:21 am

Sometimes people should not be given a reading especially of the visualise abundance type.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8435733/pair-undressed-woman-after-murder-court
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Man 'killed parents after psychic visit' Empty Re: Man 'killed parents after psychic visit'

Post by _Leslie_ Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:30 am

People can be influenced in many ways - as I'm sure most here are aware... I don't know or have the full facts, but I tend to think that this may have happened at some point 'regardless'.
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Man 'killed parents after psychic visit' Empty Re: Man 'killed parents after psychic visit'

Post by KatyKing Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:43 pm

Can't have helped though. Such a responsibility doing sittings.
Considering how potty many suppose Spiritualists to be,compared with some true believers on other paths that one comes across from time to time, I've found folk met in spiritualist circles tend to be a well balanced easy going sort of crowd.
I've worked with evangelical protestants of the Orange Lodge persuasion now they are as miserable a bunch of coves as ever you'd find.
Chap I know took unpaid leave from work to go to London and protest in public against Pope's visit.
Seem to be defined by what they are against more than anything they are in favour of.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Loneblossom Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:06 pm

I reckon, from my very very limited knowledge of the case (ie. hardly any knowledge..heheheh) he would have killed them regardless of whether he'd had a reading or not. He probably would have found other ways to ruminate over things until he tipped over the edge and killed his parents. I think the media has just latched on to the 'psychic' element because it sounds exciting.
Loneblossom
Loneblossom

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:51 pm

Well there's good and bad in every community and no shortage of crack pots to go round. It's a sad tale and no mistake. You are right about media latching on to 'psychic' hooks for stories, it must boost sales.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Loneblossom Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:02 am

I feel sorry for the remaining family Sad What a nightmare for them!
Loneblossom
Loneblossom

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:51 pm

Starts out as a 'psychic' in the report then morphs into a 'clairvoyant' further down the page. Sloppy journalism!
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:30 pm

"Starts out as a 'psychic' in the report then morphs into a 'clairvoyant' further down the page. Sloppy journalism!"

The journalist would be sloppy only if (s)he didn't know that they're not the same thing.

The nouns 'psychic' and 'medium' ('clairvoyant' presumably meaning 'clairvoyant medium' in this case) are regularly interchanged, even on forums where it might be expected that contributors should know the difference(s).

The word 'medium' is often used in ways that I (as a Spiritualist) don't see as correct but they define it differently from me....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:44 am

KatyKing wrote:Starts out as a 'psychic' in the report then morphs into a 'clairvoyant' further down the page. Sloppy journalism!
Yep 'sloppy' journalism - its seems they don't like getting the 'facts' correct any more.
What was it Abraham Lincoln once said... "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt" Wink
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:13 am

Psalm 140v 11 in today's BCP Evening Prayers for Day 28
A man full of words shall not prosper..........
:-)
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Yes, any "psychic" angle just adds to the media appeal.

A mentally stable person isn't going to be swayed into committing murder by any "message" he receives from a psychic, medium, or whoever. And if mental illness is the reason he did it. . . if the message from the "clairvoyant" didn't trigger his act, something lese would have: voices in his head, or cloud formations, or whatever.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:25 pm

Can't see it standing as mitigating circs in court either really.
Unless someone was diagnosed schizophrenic or similar a defence along the lines of 'the voices told me to do it' wouldn't wash.
In UK if someone is deemed incapable 'by reason of mental instability' and found guilty then they are not sentenced as a criminal they are sectioned as a mentally ill person. Broadmoor and Rampton ('special' hospitals for what were once termed the 'criminally insane') are the places such poor souls usually end up.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down