SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birth of Mormon, death of a prophet

3 posters

Go down

Birth of Mormon, death of a prophet Empty Birth of Mormon, death of a prophet

Post by Admin Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:36 am

Interesting piece which certainly adds to my knowledge of Mormonism
http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2012/03/03/paul-c-gutjahr-birth-of-a-religion-death-of-a-prophet/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Birth of Mormon, death of a prophet Empty Re: Birth of Mormon, death of a prophet

Post by Left Behind Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:01 am

I always found it hilarious that the Book of Mormon, written in the early 19th Century, was written in King James' English, of the early 17th. Rolling Eyes

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Birth of Mormon, death of a prophet Empty Re: Birth of Mormon, death of a prophet

Post by Admin Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:05 am

The whole story was fascinating and of course he is meant to have found it by dowsing. Someone actually had the same idea a few years before him but got caught out. I must find the story again.

Now a big and wealthy church world leaders in genealogy. I am sure they want to try and pin down our DNA to back up the bible.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Wasn't BoM said to have been plagiarised from something called The Solomon Manuscript?
Serialised novel by a Mr. Solomon.
Seem to remember reading that somewhere.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Great pragmatists though. When civil rights movement emerged in USA the then Mormon prophet had a handy revelation to remove their worldwide ban on blacks in the priesthood.
One of my aunties, a passable card reader in her day; met a mormon missionary who was over here from Utah. Went out and married him after he went back.
He came to his senses under her influence plus his taste for whisky. They both passed active 'new agers' happy as a pair of sandboys to the last.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm told that my great-grandparents were Mormons.

It all sounds like so much wackiness to me. But if you admire success, you have to admire them!

They just built a church not far from my house: the building looks old, to blend in with the wealthy street that it's on: but it was built just a few years ago.

Yes, they really do roll with the times. The latest, just on the news this morning, is that they are cracking down on their practice of baptizing for the dead, because of Jewish complaints that deceased Jews are being baptized into the Mormon fold.

Now, tell me: which of the two groups sounds nuttier there: the Mormons for doing it? Or the Jews for complaining about it? Laughing

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down