SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Spiritualism becoming Spiritism, and Spiritism. . . ?

+4
mac
Quiet
KatyKing
Left Behind
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Spiritualism becoming Spiritism, and Spiritism. . . ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Spiritualism becoming Spiritism, and Spiritism. . . ?

Post by mac Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:30 pm

CraggyIsland wrote:It seems to me that most of the Threads on this site are 'dead threads' anyways.

Exactly my point.... Why not start a new one?

mac

Back to top Go down

Is Spiritualism becoming Spiritism, and Spiritism. . . ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Spiritualism becoming Spiritism, and Spiritism. . . ?

Post by Admin Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:32 pm

Actually it can be interesting to have a new member join who has new information. I would have joined in earlier but we have a UK medium visiting our centre this week, Jim Hyndman CSNU good and a very nice guy.

CraggyIsland
I read through this thread and found the subject very interesting. I'm a Spiritist, and thought it was important to correct the two ideas I commented on, namely: Spiritism is not Voodoo, and Spiritism doesn't teach that progress is only attained while in the flesh. These are two views that I've heard before, and are generally made with all sincerity, but those who make the comment(s) are sincerely wrong. I didn't see any reason to start a new thread, as no one would know why I was posting the comments~

We have other treads on Spiritism, I think the problem is, in the same way that Spiritualism suffers from those who take it into the new age path of multidimensional non provable theorems, Spiritism suffers from the cross over towards Voodoo and beyond, I think some of the New Orleans charismatic Churches take that to an extreme.

Clearly that is not Spiritism. the Brazilian Spiritist, who attended my open group for about a year, explained in detail how Spiritism ran from operating comfortably alongside the Catholic church through a range of extremes.

Allen Kardec, just like Emmanuel Swedenborg and the New Church founded many years after his death, did not want Spiritism to be a religion it has become one in the same way as Spiritualism did, by force of circumstance because traditional churches would not accept these ideas.

Now the same way Spiritualism is stuck with new Age Progressive Centres in the public mind so will Spiritism be seen to have spread out to include more extreme ideas. I think neither a traditional Spiritualist or a Spiritist is comfortable with that.

As to developing in this life, Kardec is very definite about reincarnation and fairly rapidly coming back, with very penal ideas included for those who have done wrong. I have always remained uncomfortable with that and the fact the main mediumship is by trance from Spirit not proof of survival. It is all to easy for people, who become dedicated to teachings and books to allow their sub conscious to regurgitate the ideas in newer forms without any Spirit influence.

Well worth reading on this is a former Spiritist, who did Kardec's eulogy, has a picture drawn in "trance" in Kardec's book Genesis which he subsequently decided was his sub conscious not Spirit, one time President of the Society of Psychical research Professor Camille Flammarion.

I think there is as much depth to Spiritism as Spiritualism but we are on different pathways which cross and intersect at times.

But remember I believe in proof of survival dead threads are never dead they are just waiting for a medium to bring back a message from the other side.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CraggyIsland Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:43 am

Hi Jim,
I appreciate your insight! Thanks for making me feel welcome too! I was beginning to think that perhaps I was going to be burned at the stake for posting on this 'dead' thread.

CraggyIsland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2