Doris Collins Video

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doris Collins Video

Post by Mark74 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Re: Doris Collins Video

Post by Quiet on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:09 pm

Very interesting, Mark. I've not heard of Doris Collins before.

Her mediumship seems pretty typical. It was interesting than in the clip she identifies herself as a psychic yet what she was doing was mediumship. The two are quite different.

This show seems dated around the 80s or 90s and perhaps the distinction wasn't as well known then in the public arena.

I don't think that Randi countered mediumship effectively. The story about 'Paulie' is evidence of that.

When you have experienced really good mediumship from the platform and in private settings you just can't deny it. Smile

I was pleased that Doris didn't agree to have Randi in the room for the filming. That would cater more to the media's need for sensation than anything else.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:50 am

Thanks for that Mark. To my memory at one time Lis and she went to the same London Spiritualist Church as there base.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Doris Collins took over Doris Stokes mantle as the medium playing halls to the general public. It was Doris Stokes TV appearances that got he ball rolling. We had big meetings befre but they were dull in hose affairs for mutual SNU back slapping. The two Doris es did more to publicise good mediumship to non spiritualists than anything that went before. The bet stage mediums today carry on that tradition.
Jim I think Doris Collins had to do with SAGB in London. She was on SNU upper reaches as well though. Not an easy committee member to 'chair' by all accounts. But who is?
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcrow on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Neutral I Saw Dorris collins many moons ago ,i went with a friend the arena that she was doing her show was huge. the people that went were onl about 40 i listened and walked out she knew nothing, she was picking people from the front row that she knew because they followed her.i voved id never see her and never have

Namaste

Blackcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:48 pm

We all have off days. Know what you mean though. No names as I've been monstered on here before but
one of the veritable saints of SNU mediumship of latter last century was,in my experience next to useless. He knew everyone in SNU churches he served as he'd been on the circuit from age twelve and was a national traveling officer for the union when I knew him. Told regular attender folk who he knew well what both he and they knew well. Any strangers in meetings got either nowt or platitudes.
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet on Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:56 pm

KatyKing wrote:We all have off days. Know what you mean though. No names as I've been monstered on here before but
one of the veritable saints of SNU mediumship of latter last century was,in my experience next to useless. He knew everyone in SNU churches he served as he'd been on the circuit from age twelve and was a national traveling officer for the union when I knew him. Told regular attender folk who he knew well what both he and they knew well. Any strangers in meetings got either nowt or platitudes.

This made me smile. I think that good mediums must have have amazing trust and humans are humans Smile

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:06 pm

Very Happy Aye we are all mortal and fallible.
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:12 pm

[On this side of life]
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark74 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:48 pm

Welcome all. Thought it was an interesting video. I seen Doris Collins back in the early 90's and she was a tough cookie and very formidable on the platform she had a strong presence about her. Her mediumship was good there were better but she always thought she was better than she actually was and at times her ego was through the roof. I remember two young mediums where only starting out and Doris demonstrated clairvoyance before them she was getting on in age at this stage and her short demonstration didn't go down well with the audience, she struggled that night. I remember the two young mediums demonstration was excellent, well she wasn't at all nice to them afterwards I think it was due to the fact they outshined her. I remember also after Doris Stokes passed Doris Collins had Doris Stokes manager. I know the SNU didn't treat them well, they looked down on that type of public mediumship. I agree Quiet what you mean by using the word psychic, in fact she used this a lot she would always introduce herself as a psychic I use to think to myself why not a medium. As you said the two are different.

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Sent me back to her biography 'A woman of Spirit' and you're right she calls herself a psychic right through that. She was also very pro reincarnation at least in the book .
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top