SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lily Dale Postcards

4 posters

Go down

Lily Dale Postcards Empty Lily Dale Postcards

Post by Admin Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:00 am

Lovely pictures
http://www.newyorkheritage.org/lily-dale-full.php

You can dodge the story and go straight to the pictures

http://nyheritage.nnyln.net/cdm4/browse.php?CISOROOT=/ZCQ002
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lily Dale Postcards Empty Re: Lily Dale Postcards

Post by KatyKing Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Those are really nice.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:01 pm

I'd love the opportunity to visit - perhaps 'work' there for a little while...
Had a couple of invites to the USA, including some very kind offers to help me with accommodation during the visit(s), may be one day......
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:07 pm

It's lovely Les and accomodation is cheap as chips. You can book via their website. You need to be accepted by the association to work for pay but as long as someone knows you then you can dem at the open airs when their own trainees are demonstrating. Five mins each as a rule. We really could do wth a Lily Dale UK.
Easier to get work at Cassadaga by all accounts as they are in competition with adjacent psychics and independents right next door to the camp. I've not been but Al n Geoff Potts [Bournemouth SNU] have both worked there.
Americans love English mediums but I had to repeat everything at least twice as they couldn't get their ears around my accent.
Salt Lake City was gangbusters. Lots of the 'plig' [independent] mormons are very spiritualist inclined. Some came to first gig and we had to turn down invites after that. I'd have been there yet if we'd worked everywhere we were invited to.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:15 am

That would be an interesting hobby: collecting Spiritualist postcards! I wonder what the prices are like?

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:07 pm

I think you can buy sets at Lily Dale store JIm. Not sure if they sell online. Store is open during camp season.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Thanks, Peter. I should contact them.

I think that my new hobby has become collecting Spiritualist books. I didn't start with that in mind: it's just working along those lines. Laughing

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:40 pm

Theere are plenty about. I see what's cheap on Amazon UK some books are only a penny plus postage.. Don't read many spiritualist books as such but have the classics some first editions too that have come down through family but they arent worth much beyond the contents. Prefer a good spooky mystery or a biography if subject is interesting. Recently enjoyed Eric Hatton SNU biog written by ed of PN Sue Farrow. Only came across that due to the publicity when SNU tried to ban it from sale in their shop.
Reading preffered to TV thouh which at the moment is rubbish apart from repeats of good old comedies. Once the planting season begins in a few weeks all is put on hold as we grow our own food so with work plus cultivation reading ceases and falling asleep takes over unless its raining. We have a large allotment, land rented cheaply from Parish Council for growing vegetables. Only costs us twelve pounds a year . Very popular there's a long waiting list to get one. Flippin hard work but I begrudge paying for stuff we can grow for next to nothing ourselves. Tastes better too. We trade surplus for eggs and other bits.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:51 pm

The old books tend to be better than the new ones, I think. Very Happy

I watch so little television that I had my cable TV disconnected. I figured that as long as I had it, I could either not watch it, and waste cable fees, or watch it, and waste time. Laughing

That must be great, growing your own food! I have only a postage stamp lawn here. I was going to spend th past winter getting things shipshape for planting flowers this spring, and then work on my little pond next year: but breaking my ankle in early December cost me this year's prep time, so all is pushed back a year.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:22 pm

We had satellite TV but got rid. It was just more of the same rubbish. Have about ten channels free to air plus BBC [no ads on BBC thank goodness].
A lot of new spiritualist books seem more like mediums CS plus self advertising. Doris Collins began that trend . She was a dreadful old self promoter. Fair medium on a good day though. Ent off the boil the bigger she got. Eric Hatton has a funny tale or two about Doris.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:19 pm

KatyKing wrote:It's lovely Les and accomodation is cheap as chips. You can book via their website. You need to be accepted by the association to work for pay but as long as someone knows you then you can dem at the open airs when their own trainees are demonstrating. Five mins each as a rule. We really could do wth a Lily Dale UK.
Easier to get work at Cassadaga by all accounts as they are in competition with adjacent psychics and independents right next door to the camp. I've not been but Al n Geoff Potts [Bournemouth SNU] have both worked there.
Americans love English mediums but I had to repeat everything at least twice as they couldn't get their ears around my accent.
Salt Lake City was gangbusters. Lots of the 'plig' [independent] mormons are very spiritualist inclined. Some came to first gig and we had to turn down invites after that. I'd have been there yet if we'd worked everywhere we were invited to.

Thank for the info... I was invited to Cassadaga about four years ago. Sadly, I became ill and couldn't travel a great deal at the time. Got better and broke my shoulder in three places Lily Dale Postcards 789847 But who knows... whats around the corner Wink (When are we going Pete Wink ).
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Very Happy It'd have to be in winter for me Don't do hot weather any more.
Mrs K lets me slip the leash once a year . Trade off for her annual girls week in France. Might do a Lynwood Fellowship break but also fancy SNU AGM at Blackpool Hilton. You never know though, if compensation sets in with this ankle.............
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:35 pm

Are you having ankle problems too, Peter? I'm still recuperating from two broken bones and a dislocation in my dominant left ankle: happened 7 December.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Bit better today thank you Jim. I reckon Leslie's remote-spiritual-healing did the trick last night.
It's a slow healing sprain according to the union's 'Doctor' (so called!)..
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:21 pm

That's good news! Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content