SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking and drinking and mediumship

+6
Admin
zerdini
Skye
_Leslie_
hiorta
Left Behind
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Smoking and drinking and mediumship - Page 2 Empty Re: Smoking and drinking and mediumship

Post by _Leslie_ Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:02 pm

Never enjoyed beer.... even in my 'Army' days. Now the odd tipple of wine (red is one of the five a days isn't it?) is something else Wink
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Smoking and drinking and mediumship - Page 2 Empty Re: Smoking and drinking and mediumship

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:07 pm

I could happily retire to Llandudno.
Proper pace to life. Nobody's rushing about and everything you want is within walking distance.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:09 pm

Whereabouts are you Les?
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:11 pm

I'll PM You Smile
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:02 pm

KatyKing wrote: everything you want is within walking distance.

My neighborhood is much like that, Peter, even though it's in a major city. Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:07 pm

KatyKing wrote:I smoke Condor Ready Rubbed. Ten pounds fifty pence for fifty grammes but that lasts all week. To be able to buy it you have to be an old geezer wearing a flat cap and preferably with a racing whippet in tow. Minimum age for pipe smokers has to be fifty or so.

My grandfather used to smoke a brand of small cigars called Denobili Parodi. They came five in a cardboard box in the colors of the Italian flag. Little crooked shrivelled things that my father claimed were soaked in formaldehyde! Very Happy

I used to say that no one else but Italian men over the age of 65 had the ballocks to smoke them! Razz

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:09 pm

Condor Ready Rubbed. . . must look into that one!

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:56 pm

It's expensive due to Condors being rare and difficult to trap.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:52 pm

KatyKing wrote:It's expensive due to Condors being rare and difficult to trap.

Weren't there a whole Legion of them in WW 2? Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Bombed Guernica I think,never thought of that. And here's me all these years and a lifelong trade union man unknowingly smoking fascist tobacco!
That said it pre dates WW1 my Grandad always smoked Condor Twist. That was plug tobacco in a rope you had to cut off slices and rub it yourself.
Don't see that these days.
The old boys in the cotton mills where he worked all his life apart from first war would chew twist then throw the quids up to stick on the ceiling over their spinning mules. Come Saturday morning cleaning down they knocked the quids down with their long handled brooms and that was their weekend smoke.
No wonder mortality rates were high and young amongst male mill hands. Grandad my dad's dad made it to 86 though he was lifelong teetotal and vegetarian apart from fish.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:50 pm

KatyKing wrote:Bombed Guernica I think,never thought of that. And here's me all these years and a lifelong trade union man unknowingly smoking fascist tobacco!
That said it pre dates WW1 my Grandad always smoked Condor Twist. That was plug tobacco in a rope you had to cut off slices and rub it yourself.
Don't see that these days.
The old boys in the cotton mills where he worked all his life apart from first war would chew twist then throw the quids up to stick on the ceiling over their spinning mules. Come Saturday morning cleaning down they knocked the quids down with their long handled brooms and that was their weekend smoke.
No wonder mortality rates were high and young amongst male mill hands. Grandad my dad's dad made it to 86 though he was lifelong teetotal and vegetarian apart from fish.

Laughing

Would there be any relationship between Condor Ready Rubbed tobacco, and the Condor Legion (which, if I remember correctly, was the name of Spain's SS unit)?

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:51 pm

Who knows Jim. Very crafty those fascists.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:42 pm

http://www.progressivespiritualistchurch.co.uk/page9.htm
Good WW2 spiritualist doc on High Dowding of Fighter Command here from our church website Jim.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2