SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greater World Christian Spiritualist Association declaration

3 posters

Go down

Greater World Christian Spiritualist Association declaration Empty Greater World Christian Spiritualist Association declaration

Post by Admin Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:52 am

Hi All,

As a Spiritualist but one who is not a Christian Spiritualist I forgot one other major organisations Principles. Their declaration and pledge. There are many reasons why I am not a Christian Spiritualist, probably because it takes one set of wisdom and remains too close to the orthodox bible and position of Jesus coming to save us albeit he inly claimed to be a son of God as we all are.

Of course behind that much of the underlying truths are the same.

The Greater World Christian Spiritualist League (later to become the Greater World Christian Spiritualist Association) was founded on the 30th May 1931. It is an organisation of the Christ Mission to the four corners of the earth.

1. I believe in one God who is Love.

2. I accept the Leadership of Jesus the Christ.

3. I believe that God manifests through the
illimitable power of holy spirit.

4. I believe in the survival of the soul and its
individuality after physical death.

5. I believe in Communion with God, with His angelic ministers,
and with souls functioning in conditions other than Earth Life.

6. I believe that all forms of Life created by God intermingle,
are interdependent, and evolve until perfection is attained.

7. I believe in perfect justice of the Divine Laws governing all Life.

8. I believe that sins committed can only be rectified by the
sinner himself or herself, through the redemptive power of
Jesus the Christ, by repentance and service to others.

The Pledge

9. I will at all times endeavour to be guided in my thoughts, words, and deeds by the teaching and example of Jesus the Christ.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Greater World Christian Spiritualist Association declaration Empty Re: Greater World Christian Spiritualist Association declaration

Post by Left Behind Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:19 am

It sounds good to me! Smile

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Greater World Christian Spiritualist Association declaration Empty Re: Greater World Christian Spiritualist Association declaration

Post by hiorta Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:22 pm

As Kahlil Gibran declares in his Masterwork 'The Prophet' on the topic of such guidance - 'People delight in making Laws and delight even more in breaking them'

Unless Principles form part of the individuals life pattern, they are fairly useless if only applied as lip-service.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:57 pm

True Hiorta and as one who regards himself as a rational not Christian Spiritualist these are not the Principles I would follow tying me to closely top a bible that des not resonate for me. I had abandoned Christianity for a humanist agnostic position well before I discovered and changed to Spiritualism.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down