SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Life in the Spirit World?

+6
zerdini
hiorta
Admin
KatyKing
_Leslie_
Left Behind
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Daily Life in the Spirit World? - Page 2 Empty Re: Daily Life in the Spirit World?

Post by KatyKing Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:44 pm

Yes I thought Borgia's version of things to come had similarities with Astral City imagiings. Hope the architecture in Summerland cities is less hideously brutalist than that portrayed in the movie though. Looked like what you'd get if Milton Keynes were ever to mate with Brazilia. Awful.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Daily Life in the Spirit World? - Page 2 Empty Re: Daily Life in the Spirit World?

Post by Left Behind Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:36 pm

And weren't they flying around in airplanes in Astral City? Benson / Borgia mentioned that travel was by foot, or by relocating yourself to the desired location via thought.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:36 am

Maybe they have seem to much Star Trek in Brazil Jim. My understanding is you are pure Spirit so what you create you can. Given none of us truly know what life in Spirit is like and its hard to convey a picture to us I guess we will know when we get ther.

A couple of recent readings involving people recently passed over have given me a picture of the first period where there is a chance to rest and recover while atuning to the transition. It seemd to be in a misty white light with peaceful rooms with windows with no glass and carers to look after the individuals. No conclusive imagery of what life truly was like over in Spirit.

One of the strange things is when I do a reading the question of what life is like in Spirit is rarely raised by the sitter or described by the Spirit.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:51 am

Left Behind wrote:And weren't they flying around in airplanes in Astral City? Benson / Borgia mentioned that travel was by foot, or by relocating yourself to the desired location via thought.

Jim

Hi I don't recall any aeroplanes in Astral City Jim, but I am going to watch it again - so if I missed them I'll let you know. Borgia's book however discussed the form of locomotion being initially by foot and by foot whenever one wished it to be so. But that the actual method was simply by 'thinking' it. He even mentions boats and yachts all of which have no earthly mechanics to propel them as again the movement is reliant upon 'thought'.

_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:54 am

Admin wrote:<snip>

A couple of recent readings involving people recently passed over have given me a picture of the first period where there is a chance to rest and recover while atuning to the transition. It seemd to be in a misty white light with peaceful rooms with windows with no glass and carers to look after the individuals. No conclusive imagery of what life truly was like over in Spirit.

<snip>.
Which is extremely similar to the locations described in Borgia's book and depicted in Astral City.
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:42 pm

They did have tht flying train thingy in Astral City butt I reckon special effects in that were dictated to by what the makers TeleGlobo purveyors of Ladino soap operas and TV movies happened to have on their backlot. Those chambers in Astral City are straight out of a Vampire movie. I was half expecting old Vincent Price to leap out and say boo whilst flapping his cape.
Take it from one who knows.. Summerland is the idyll we construct by good deeds whilst on this side. Mine involves a rustic cottage with log fires a good library plus reliable broadband and Sky movies on free subscription. Handy for the shops and like minded loved ones and friends within challenging walking distance. There shall be pets and horse drawn transport for fun if not convenience.
The 'Astral Cities' can look out for themselves. I dislike cities.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:24 pm

Admin wrote:Maybe they have seem to much Star Trek in Brazil Jim. My understanding is you are pure Spirit so what you create you can. Given none of us truly know what life in Spirit is like and its hard to convey a picture to us I guess we will know when we get ther.

One of the strange things is when I do a reading the question of what life is like in Spirit is rarely raised by the sitter or described by the Spirit.

That IS very strange, Jim!

I always find it annoying the way skeptics like to disparage the provision of personal information between the worlds - who doesn't want to hear that their loved ones in spirit are happy and still love them, for example: and what could be more evidential than info known only by spirit and sitter?

Still. . . after awhile, after we've determined that this really is Aunt Mary, and she's happy there, and still loves us, and by the way, the will is in the top dresser drawer on the right hand side Laughing - it seems that we'd soon start asking her questions about the world she inhabits.

Maybe most people go for only a single reading, and this isn't the most important (to them) line of questioning at first?

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:31 pm

I find (sadly) that most who attend rarely have any interest in the 'World Beyond'. The immediate daily activities in their lives being their only purpose in coming (something I find most disappointing). But, I've come to learn that 'any' contact from the spirit world has value - whether I see it or not, and after all, who am I to decide what they do or don't receive Wink
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:40 pm

KatyKing wrote: Summerland is the idyll we construct by good deeds whilst on this side. Mine involves a rustic cottage with log fires a good library plus reliable broadband and Sky movies on free subscription. Handy for the shops and like minded loved ones and friends within challenging walking distance. There shall be pets and horse drawn transport for fun if not convenience.
The 'Astral Cities' can look out for themselves. I dislike cities.

Mine is very low-tech. A cottage hidden among trees and flowers sounds good. Plenty of books. A fire? For atmosphere, but no need of it for warmth. Windows are open, doors don't have locks.

No conveyances except for sailboats, which are used for fun. Horse-drawn vehicles? Hadn't thought of that. . . maybe, if the horses enjoy their work.

Shops? Maybe for the fun and social aspects of shopping: but no real need for goods.

Some sort of community centers.

Transportation by walking or by visualizing yourself where you want to be.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Interesting point that Les. I took to adding Spiritual Director to advert because quite a few want guidance via Spirit rather than survival evidence although I give whatever comes. There's been a refocus over this last few years. I'm not saying thay people care any the less about those gone before but with family breakdowns and smaller families maybe familial ties are different than they were in the old days. Some don't know who their Dad is let alone Grand Dad on one side or t'other.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:55 pm

I noticed "Spiritual Director" in your listing with the Corinthians, Peter. Was wondering what you meant by that.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:49 pm

Kind of mentoring with Spirit.
We introduced a mentoring programme for healers,mediums and others a few years back. It's a Level 4 [first year undergrad level] pogramme... mentoring the learning process. All sorts sign up and over three hundred have undertaken the training since we began. It's a nationally recognised qualification which is unusual for Spiritualist teaching and learning programmes.
Next one begins May 21st if anyone's interested PM me for details.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Great to see Spiritualism getting academic recognition!

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by skfarblum Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:25 pm

fascinating conversation.
skfarblum
skfarblum

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Left Behind wrote:And weren't they flying around in airplanes in Astral City? Benson / Borgia mentioned that travel was by foot, or by relocating yourself to the desired location via thought.

Jim

Some time back I was in fairly regular contact with Dr. John Best who had written 'Link and Communique' http://www.amazon.co.uk/Link-Communique-Personal-Psychic-Experience/dp/0721208274

an account of his continued contact with his wife who had passed over. I found it an interesting and moving story. He told how his wife had related how flying machines (or something similar) were used where she was amongst the many other details she gave about her life 'over there'.

He was an old man at the time I was keeping in touch and eventually I received a letter from his second wife telling me he had passed over himself and saying how they'd enjoyed our letters to one another - letters as this was before widespread use of the Internet..... Anyhoo it was the issue of the flying machine that intrigued me and if I hadn't 'known' John, and known about his own surprise about them, but also known how matter-of-factual his wife's accounts were on other matters (and how they matched what I already understood) I'd've probably discounted it as fanciful....

The book might be of interest to you Jim? (New Orleans Jim)

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:44 pm

In the Midst of Life
by Tadeusz Rozewicz

After the end of the world
after death
I found myself in the midst of life
creating myself
building life
people animals landscapes

this is a table I said
this is a table
there is bread and a knife on the table
knife serves to cut bread
people are nourished by bread

man must be loved
I learnt by night by day
what must one love
I would reply man

this is a window I siad
this is a window
there is a garden beyond the window
I see an apple-tree in the garden
the apple-tree blossoms
the blossom falls
fruit is formed
ripens

my father picks the apple
the man who picks the apple
is my father

I sat on the threshold
that old woman who
leads a goat on a string
is needed more
is worth more
that seven wonders of the world
anyone who thinks or feels
she is not needed
is a mass murderer

this is a man
this is a tree this is bread
people eat to live
I kept saying to myself
human life is important
human life has great importance

the value of life
is greater than the value of all things
which man has created
man is a great treasure
I repeated stubbornly

this is water I said
I stroked the waves with my hand
and talked to the river
water I would say
nice water
this is me

man talked to water
talked to the moon
to the flowers and to rain
talked to the earth
to the birds
to the sky

the sky was silent
the earth was silent
and if a voice was heard
flowing
from earth water and sky
it was a voice of another man

translated by Adam Czerniawski

Silver Birch said that love and service are the most important things in human life and I think that is what we are ultimately here to learn. Knowledge helps but it all comes down to this. Both can happen in so many ways. Providing knowledge which assists others is significant but so is sweeping the floor in a home or hospital room.

This poem was written by post WWII Polish poet who distrusted rhetoric and tried to say things as they are.

I think that our learning to love and be of service will continue into the life of spirit and subsequent lives. It's a long journey Smile

Last edited by Quiet on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Sometimes it takes poetry. Ordinary language just won't do. Thank you for sharing those verses Q.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Thank you, Mac. Let me see if that book is still available. Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:45 pm

It is, and I just ordered a copy. Wink

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Left Behind wrote:It is, and I just ordered a copy. Wink

Jim

As you know I never give advice or recommend but I enjoyed this book. I hope you enjoy it too, Jim. Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2