SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark matter and the spirit world.

+2
Lis
Azur
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dark matter and the spirit world. Empty Dark matter and the spirit world.

Post by Azur Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:28 pm

Dark matter and the spirit world, article published online.

Not too long ago, scientists launched a massive project known as WMAP. This project basically went into space and measures all sorts of fun stuff. One of the things they discovered is that our universe is 96% dark matter. There are a number of theories as to what this invisible substance is. Some think it is smaller turnips, and planets that we cannot see. Others however believe that it is a new type of substance that we have never seen before. I will be basing this on the premise that the physicists are correct, and this matter is actually a new substance. Dark matter is an invisible substance, that congeals, and holds together our universe. Massive galaxy clusters have been documented, that simply cannot be explained otherwise. This matter is not only invisible, but it also does not directly interact with the physical world around it, other than to produce gravity. This substance is all around us, and we dont even know it. Now then, I would like to postulate on the possibility that this matter is actually the spirit realm. If you think about it, it makes sense. Its invisible, it holds the universe together, and we cant touch / feel / or taste it. Could it be that spirits reside within this matter? And that the spirit realm is all around us holding our universe together? What then would that mean for religion? Can you imagine the entire universe being accessible to you when you die? These are only thoughts on a possibility. But I do urge you to think about it, before tossing it out.

Interesting view, any thoughts?

Azur

Back to top Go down

Dark matter and the spirit world. Empty Re: Dark matter and the spirit world.

Post by Lis Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:59 pm

It is indeed an interesting idea Azur. Not sure what I think about the possibility that this 'dark matter' may be where the spirit realm exists, but since it must exist somewhere I guess it could be as you postulate.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:10 pm

Hm. My understanding from purported communicators is that the 'Spirit World' - if it exists anywhere, exists right here in some 'parallel' fashion.

The concept of 'space' and distance appears to be an illusion of some kind imposed by the fact that we live here in three dimensions (ok 4 if we include time), but I get the impression from some communicators that the concepts of space and time as we understand them at least, do not apply in the same way once one is not bound by three dimensions.

As an aside - what on earth have small turnips got to do with it?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:41 pm

Indeed, Obiwan, what do turnips have to do with the topic - I wondered but was too polite to ask - so am glad you have!

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:43 pm

LOL - trust me to ask lol

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:48 pm

We can rely on you!

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:54 pm

lol

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:37 am

Could it be what Spiritualists do or did refer to as "ether"?

I'm not sure that spiritual substance could be detected by physical methods.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:59 am

Hi Jim,

Yes that is one of the theories. There is also theories that dark matter and energy exist around us.

I am not saying it's a fact, it's just a theory.

Michael Roll and Ron Pearson, as well as others have spoke on it.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:49 am

Any progress on the turnips?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:07 am

Not wildly keen on Ron's theories one reading of them gives a universe founded by creative cells generating a holographic universe in which we exist.

Interesting thoughts about Dark matter though especially now quantum physics provides an explanation for psychometry with findings that energy can be entangled in objects.

Now as to those turnips the only purpose I can see would be culinary.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:39 am

The possibility of the Spiritualist 'ether' being the 'dark matter', the missing material in our physical dimension, is one I've pondered over for years but been too diffident to raise.....

Glad someone else has had the courage to say it.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:16 pm

I am with you on the turnips Laughing

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:07 pm

mac wrote:The possibility of the Spiritualist 'ether' being the 'dark matter', the missing material in our physical dimension, is one I've pondered over for years but been too diffident to raise.....

Hey, my courage is founded on my ignorance, Mac! Laughing

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:20 pm

Left Behind wrote:
mac wrote:The possibility of the Spiritualist 'ether' being the 'dark matter', the missing material in our physical dimension, is one I've pondered over for years but been too diffident to raise.....

Jim

Or being inspired..... Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:34 pm

mac wrote:
Left Behind wrote:

Jim

Or being inspired..... Wink
Or simply honesty - which is as good a reason as any.
I do think it will require a little more than simply suggesting it though - it is interesting that materialists seem willing to believe in the existence of something which is supposed to be everywhere but cannot be detected with any devices we have.. sounds familiar. N'est pas?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:01 pm

Spiritualist writers have been speaking of ether for awhile (I just finished Findlay's book, published in 1931). Now secular scientists are speaking of something similar. It merely remains for contemporary Spiritualist writers to draw the connection in their writings. Wink

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:10 pm

With respect, it isn't a new connection to be honest.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:21 am

It would be a new connection if Spiritualist writers could say that "this dark matter that scientists are talking about now? That's the same thing we've been talking about for decades. We've just been calling it by a different term: ether."

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:34 am

What would be the point? No one is listening to them lol

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:37 am

Hi Jim, to Sir Arthur it was Newton's Ether to others it was the Psychic Force. Sir William Crookes and Serjeant at Law Edward William Cox had reached these conclusions some time before. Worth a read are Crookes' works especially Researches into Spiritualism and the two Volume Mechanism of Man or What am I? by Cox published just before his death.

We have been here well before the modern men of science but Spiritualism suffers a disconnect with both paranormal and scientific researchers. Given what passes for proof, what we put on at our centres that would drive thinkers away and the non involvement in research its hardly surprising. I will put up on the forum the article I wrote for Psychic News entitled The Psychic Force shortly.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:54 am

Sounds like an interesting article, Jim!

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:56 am

obiwan wrote: What would be the point? No one is listening to them lol

They might, if we could show them the relationship with new scientific discoveries.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:02 am

Ah but that's the missing element isn't it?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:12 am

When Sir William Crookes published the result of his findings in 1871, they were along way considering where we are in 2011.

We see today that scientists are now moving away from the big bang theory, and are saying that all the energy is coming from what was called the ether, but now have brought it back under dark matter.

Sir Oliver Lodge was the first to touch on the location of the ether, etheric world. When Albert Einstein came along with his relativity theory it destroyed the the idea of the ether, but now the ether is coming back, but under a new term, dark matter.

I don't think we will ever get a definitive answer or understanding, the spirit world is beyond our physical understanding.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next