SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gorrdon Higginson, Longton Town Hall demonstration

2 posters

Go down

Gorrdon Higginson, Longton Town Hall demonstration Empty Gorrdon Higginson, Longton Town Hall demonstration

Post by Azur Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:44 pm

MORE THAN 100 NAMES AND 28 ADDRESSES - A Remarkable Feat of Evidence at Longton Town Hall Demonstration 1949. Taken from www.gordonhigginson.co.uk

What must be a justifiable claim to the highest number of names and addresses ever given through a medium during a single public demonstration can surely be made by Gordon Higginson.

Demonstrating at the Longton Town Hall recently, where more than 300 people failed to gain admission, he relayed no fewer than 52 full names, 49 christian names and 28 complete addresses.

Besides this remarkable psychic faculty, Higginson was often instrumental in linking friends and relatves in the audience who were sitting in different parts of the hall. His evidence was given in a long string of facts, presented with devastating accuracy.

To a woman at the back of the hall, he said there was a young man with her who passed away quickly and tragically. "He is calling mother" said Higginson "and he tells me you are a stranger here but he has been to you often. He says his name is Booth and he was killed in the Coventry Blitz. He was a fireman."

"He has met his father" continued the medium, "and they are both sorry you have left the old house in Broad Street. Your son says he lived there. They have both met Auntie Gertie, and your son remembers the uncle he visited in Stanyer Street, also your sister Emily."

Higginson went on to speak of the kindness the woman had shown to her family by giving them her little home in Broad Street and today she had nothing left. The husband and son had both returned tonight, declared Higginson, to prove that they had been watching over her.

At this stage, another facet of Higginson's mediumship came into play, and indicating another woman seated at the front he inquired if she knew a Colin Morgan and Ron Bould who lived at 10 Broad Street. The woman said she did and also acknowledged the earlier communicators named Booth.

Two brothers who had passed tragically, one in a road accident and the other by drowning, returned to greet their mother.

Having established contact with the mother and remrking that both sons met tragic ends, Higginson said:

"I can see a road accident with a bicycle with the younger one and water with the other. They tell me that they are brothers and their name is Bryan. They lived in Edwards Street, and they are asking for Emma Bryan, Thomas Charles Bryan and Edwin and Elsie."

Number 55, apparently the address of a house was also mentioned.

The mother, overcome by emotion, paused awhile before replying. Then she announced: "I am their mother. My name is Emma Bryan. Tom Charles is my husband, Edwin is my other son and Elsie is his wife. One son was drowned" she explained "and the younger one was killed on a bicycle. It is all true."

As though this were not sufficient, the medium continued "They have met Mrs Wilshaw who liked to visit the pub at the top of the street. They also speak of Mrs Proctor."

Then Higginson's ability to link people in various parts of the hall manifested again. He indicated a woman in another section of the hall and requested her to stand. Then he asked Mrs Bryan to stand and said, "Do you two ladies know each other. I have seen the two young men walk over to you and say 'this lady is a neighbour of ours. We can see her back yard from our house.' "

To a gasp of amazement from the audience, the woman agreed that she knew the two boys and lived only two doors from Mrs Bryan.

Mrs Bryan told reporters later that the evidence was amazing.

Last edited by Azur on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Azur

Back to top Go down

Gorrdon Higginson, Longton Town Hall demonstration Empty Re: Gorrdon Higginson, Longton Town Hall demonstration

Post by zerdini Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:38 pm

This is taken from the Gordon Higginson website - I submitted this article together with the Liege Belgium demonstration to Martin Twycross who runs the website and is also a member of this forum.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Gorrdon Higginson, Longton Town Hall demonstration Empty Re: Gorrdon Higginson, Longton Town Hall demonstration

Post by Azur Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:18 am

zerdini wrote:This is taken from the Gordon Higginson website - I submitted this article together with the Liege Belgium demonstration to Martin Twycross who runs the website and is also a member of this forum.

I know Martin is a member of this forum. He is a great guy who kindly sent me audio files of Gordon's demonstrations in Derby.

Martin does tremendous work.

I have often wondered in the Liege, Belgium demonstration, was Madame St. Clair present with Gordon on the platform. She held the highest award for bravery for work done in the Resistance, and acted as Gordon's translator during his work in Belgium and France.

Gordon was the first British medium to have demonstrated in those counties.

Those where great times.

Azur

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down