SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ethel Johnson Meyers

4 posters

Go down

Ethel Johnson Meyers Empty Ethel Johnson Meyers

Post by Azur Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:02 pm

I wasn’t able to find out a lot about Ethel Johnson Meyers, the medium who accompanied Hans Holzer to Bank Street.

Ethel Johnson Meyers, a former opera singer, was a trance medium and her control—the person who essentially used her body to become a guide between the living and the dead—was her dead husband, a musician named Albert.

Albert had died when his pharmacist made a mistake with his medicine and poisoned him. Ethel was going to walk into the sea and join him, but Albert came to her and stopped her. If she killed herself she wouldn’t be with him, he warned. Just the opposite. “It would separate us.” He told her that there was another way they could be together. Ethel went to a psychiatrist about the apparition and he rather surprisingly suggested that she contact J. B. Rhine.

Soon after Ethel found herself at the American Society for Psychical Research, which eventually led to her becoming a medium.

Whenever she went into a trance, Albert appeared. However, it was a bittersweet and ultimately unsatisfying reunion for Ethel and Albert. They weren’t really together again. Ethel was unconscious when Albert appeared, and when she awoke she remembered nothing. Hans Holzer spent more time with Albert than Elizabeth did. Even though Albert’s spirit was inside her, somehow suffused throughout her body in order to communicate with whoever required his afterlife services, Albert was still as far apart from Ethel as he was the day he died.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Ethel Johnson Meyers Empty Re: Ethel Johnson Meyers

Post by zerdini Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Azur wrote:I wasn’t able to find out a lot about Ethel Johnson Meyers, the medium who accompanied Hans Holzer to Bank Street.

Ethel Johnson Meyers, a former opera singer, was a trance medium and her control—the person who essentially used her body to become a guide between the living and the dead—was her dead husband, a musician named Albert.

Albert had died when his pharmacist made a mistake with his medicine and poisoned him. Ethel was going to walk into the sea and join him, but Albert came to her and stopped her. If she killed herself she wouldn’t be with him, he warned. Just the opposite. “It would separate us.” He told her that there was another way they could be together. Ethel went to a psychiatrist about the apparition and he rather surprisingly suggested that she contact J. B. Rhine.

Soon after Ethel found herself at the American Society for Psychical Research, which eventually led to her becoming a medium.

Whenever she went into a trance, Albert appeared. However, it was a bittersweet and ultimately unsatisfying reunion for Ethel and Albert. They weren’t really together again. Ethel was unconscious when Albert appeared, and when she awoke she remembered nothing. Hans Holzer spent more time with Albert than Elizabeth did. Even though Albert’s spirit was inside her, somehow suffused throughout her body in order to communicate with whoever required his afterlife services, Albert was still as far apart from Ethel as he was the day he died.

Hi Azur

I read the above in Stacy Horn's blog about her book "Unbelievable".

She added, "I called Hans Holzer to ask him what Ethel and Albert were like, but he wasn’t able to tell me anything. I had also intended to ask him if he ever tried to mediate any kind of exchange between his faithful medium and her beloved and deceased husband. IE, “Hey Albert, as long as I’ve got you, any messages for Ethel?” But Holzer didn’t seem to be feeling well and so I thanked him and got off the phone more quickly than I had planned."

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Reposted twice by mistake oops

Last edited by Azur on Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:15 pm

zerdini wrote:
Azur wrote:I wasn’t able to find out a lot about Ethel Johnson Meyers, the medium who accompanied Hans Holzer to Bank Street.

Hi Azur

I read the above in Stacy Horn's blog about her book "Unbelievable".

She added, "I called Hans Holzer to ask him what Ethel and Albert were like, but he wasn’t able to tell me anything. I had also intended to ask him if he ever tried to mediate any kind of exchange between his faithful medium and her beloved and deceased husband. IE, “Hey Albert, as long as I’ve got you, any messages for Ethel?” But Holzer didn’t seem to be feeling well and so I thanked him and got off the phone more quickly than I had planned."

Ethel Johnson Meyers worked alot with the famed investigator Dr. Hans Holzer, it's a shame there isn't a great deal written on her life as a medium. Read her workings with Holzer and she was an outstanding survival evidence medium.

Here's short video, detailing a little of her work.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:25 pm

As an aside, when quoting from book etc, if find it helpful to have the reference so I can refer to it directly if possible.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:37 pm

obiwan wrote:As an aside, when quoting from book etc, if find it helpful to have the reference so I can refer to it directly if possible.

I agree, my error. Laughing

Have a lovely evening Smile

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:48 pm

That IS sad, that she wasn't able to communicate with him in a way that she could remember. Sad

Was she ever able to reach him using a third party as a medium?

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:42 pm

Left Behind wrote:That IS sad, that she wasn't able to communicate with him in a way that she could remember. Sad

Was she ever able to reach him using a third party as a medium?

Jim

Hi Jim, that I do not know.

I was given a book today which talks about her life as a medium, I will post it here soon.

Hope your ankle is healing. Smile

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down