SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physical mediumship in dark or light ???

+24
stelty
LeroyC
Lis
petal34
earth angel
normy
Quiet
Swordmaiden
bravo321uk
KatyKing
Left Behind
Mark74
_Leslie_
Maureen Harrison
seraphina
mac
Wes
zerdini
hiorta
obiwan
nick pettitt
Azur
Admin
Jane Lyzell
28 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Physical mediumship in dark or light ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Physical mediumship in dark or light ???

Post by zerdini Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:16 am

Me too, and my mum returned through his mediumship and embraced me. Gordon was great, I do miss him. The last of a dying breed am afraid. May he continue his great work from the other side of life.

I agree Blue Lotus. I was the first person Gordon returned to after his passing. His voice and personality were unmistakeable - it made front page in "Psychic News". He referred to matters we had discussed in the medium's room at Stansted which no one else was aware of. He also described who met him on his arrival.

Since then he has returned to me many times and still does when he has the opportunity.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Physical mediumship in dark or light ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Physical mediumship in dark or light ???

Post by Azur Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:01 pm

zerdini wrote:
Me too, and my mum returned through his mediumship and embraced me. Gordon was great, I do miss him. The last of a dying breed am afraid. May he continue his great work from the other side of life.

I agree Blue Lotus. I was the first person Gordon returned to after his passing. His voice and personality were unmistakeable - it made front page in "Psychic News". He referred to matters we had discussed in the medium's room at Stansted which no one else was aware of. He also described who met him on his arrival.

Since then he has returned to me many times and still does when he has the opportunity.

Wow! lucky you, are you a working medium zerdini?
Would love to know more about the story that hit front page Psychic News, if you are willing to share... Sounds very interesting ! Very Happy !

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Blue Lotus wrote:
zerdini wrote:

Wow! lucky you, are you a working medium zerdini?
Would love to know more about the story that hit front page Psychic News, if you are willing to share... Sounds very interesting ! Very Happy !

No I am not. I retired many years ago.

The story might be too long to put on here but I might post some extracts in due course.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:21 am

Leslie Flint and John Campbell Sloan sat in the dark.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Blue Lotus wrote:Leslie Flint and John Campbell Sloan sat in the dark.

They were both Direct Voice mediums! Smile

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:53 am

zerdini wrote:

Yes I know but can't red light be used for direct voice. Gordon Higginson use to demonstrate and run courses at the Lindum Hotel, St Annes-on-sea, and if memory serves me well. The trumpets at Gordon's seances would fly around the room at tremendous speed and heights, never once touching the great big chandeliers.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Trumpets flying around a room are not evidence of survival!

Gordon was not a direct voice medium. He also demonstrated and ran courses at many different venues.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:10 pm

zerdini wrote:Trumpets flying around a room are not evidence of survival!

Gordon was not a direct voice medium. He also demonstrated and ran courses at many different venues.

I agree absolutely but it still demonstrates the intelligence and power of spirit, of course evidence of survival is foremost, absolutely!.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:Trumpets flying around a room are not evidence of survival!

I agree absolutely but it still demonstrates the intelligence and power of spirit, of course evidence of survival is foremost, absolutely!.

Is it 'the intelligence and power of spirit' or simply psychokinesis? Smile

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:40 pm

You'll have to ask the spirit that Zerdini Laughing

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:41 pm

Azur wrote:You'll have to ask the spirit that Zerdini Laughing

I did, Azur. Wink

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:44 pm

zerdini wrote:

I did, Azur. Wink

And the answer was? Laughing

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:50 pm

The voice in direct voice can't be down to psychokinesis !

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Azur wrote:The voice in direct voice can't be down to psychokinesis !

I was referring to the the movement of the trumpets not the direct voice, Azur.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:

I did, Azur. Wink

And the answer was? Laughing

It could be either! Laughing

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:47 pm

Absolutely Z just like table tipping where many groups an achieve it by psychokenesis and even levitation. Thats why the evidence of survival of someone proveable by a person in the room is so vital.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:42 am

Interesting that whilst looking for another reference I caem upon a brilliant book by John S King the founder and President of the Canadian Society for Psychical Research. The book was written in 1920 and is callled Dawn of the Awakened Mind.

The description of senaces in dim light but good enough to see where he was allowed to enter the cabinet with the Medium are astonishing. He also goes on to describe direct voice seances with the great Medium Etta Wriedt.

Thanks to the wonders of the archival system making books available I have placed this book in the elibrary shown on the link. It is at the bottom of the list.

http://www.nasm.org.au/library.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nick pettitt Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:16 am

Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:

Yes I know but can't red light be used for direct voice. Gordon Higginson use to demonstrate and run courses at the Lindum Hotel, St Annes-on-sea, and if memory serves me well. The trumpets at Gordon's seances would fly around the room at tremendous speed and heights, never once touching the great big chandeliers.

...Why would you want red light for direct voice? It's a bit like wanting the light on to listen to the radio... If anything I would find light a distraction when listening to communications in that way..

nick pettitt

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:44 am

Admin wrote:Interesting that whilst looking for another reference I caem upon a brilliant book by John S King the founder and President of the Canadian Society for Psychical Research. The book was written in 1920 and is callled Dawn of the Awakened Mind.

The description of senaces in dim light but good enough to see where he was allowed to enter the cabinet with the Medium are astonishing. He also goes on to describe direct voice seances with the great Medium Etta Wriedt.

Thanks to the wonders of the archival system making books available I have placed this book in the elibrary shown on the link. It is at the bottom of the list.

I agree, Jim. I have had this book for many years and is an excellent one.

In 2009 I posted in the Physical mediumship thread the following:

The Sunflower Class (Conclusion)

10 MAY DONNA.
The promise of Hypatia was fulfilled and Dr. King saw before him his spirit daughter, who spoke beautifully as follows: “Papa, 0 Papa, I love you. I came the other evening. Yes, I am going to tell you my name. I want to be near to both you and Mamma; so they call me May Donna. The May is for Mamma and the Donna is for you.” Asked to spell the name, May Donna did so distinctly. She continued: “You must never feel sad, dear papa, for you never shall be alone, so you must not feel so lonesome. You will be, oh, so happy when mamma and I take you with us. Don't forget, papa, to tell all the dear ones that I came.”
May Donna accepted a flower from her father, and also took the birthday flower from Mrs Moore, saying:
“Be sure and tell grandma that I came. Good night, papa, dear, dear papa.”
With these loving words this lovely spirit dematerialized in view of the class.

11 MRS JOHN S. KING
(Known in the Records as May).
Beautiful and strong, and so convincingly natural as to overcome a strong man's self-control, Dr. King's wife stood materialized before him, speaking the following comforting words: “Don't cry, dear Johnnie. My dear, this life is beautiful, all brightness and joy. Oh, dear one, I love you so, and the love we feel on earth only grows stronger and more beautiful on our side.

“Do just as I said about my things. It is not necessary to repeat that. About my jewels, I want them left where they are in the safety deposit vault in the bank, I don't want them given away for a very long time, then I will instruct you about what I want done with them. The single diamond, I want you as soon as you go home, to have set as a scarf pin. Be careful and watch where you take it, do you understand? and when you wear it, it will make it easier for me to come near to you.

“Oh, my dear Johnnie, I wish I could stand here and talk to you, but I cannot, but as many times as I come it will give me more strength. Oh, Johnnie dear, I feel my strength going. You know I could not speak when I passed out. I want to materialize to you more often, dear Johnnie.”

Being asked what pet names she called Dr. King besides ‘Dear Johnnie’, she replied by mentioning all the terms of endearment, which she had been accustomed to use to her husband.

Resuming the conversation, Mrs King said: “You were not with me when I passed out, Johnnie dear, but I could not have spoken to you if you had been there, but now, dear Johnnie, we will make up for lost time. I feel my strength leaving me, and I must say good night, my dear, dear Johnnie, I love you so much.”

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:47 am

nick pettitt wrote:
Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:

...Why would you want red light for direct voice? It's a bit like wanting the light on to listen to the radio... If anything I would find light a distraction when listening to communications in that way..

It is not necessary, Nick, however some mediums developed the direct voice where it could be heard in daylight e.g Mollie Perriman.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:19 am

nick pettitt wrote:
Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:

Disagree, of course red light should be wanted, red light should be in every physical circle, regardless.

Reason for red light in a direct voice circle, good clear lighting if the trumpets are being manipulated by spirit for the direct voice.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:21 am

Admin wrote:Interesting that whilst looking for another reference I caem upon a brilliant book by John S King the founder and President of the Canadian Society for Psychical Research. The book was written in 1920 and is callled Dawn of the Awakened Mind.

Thanks for the link admin Smile

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by nick pettitt Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:07 am

Azur wrote:
nick pettitt wrote:
Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:

Disagree, of course red light should be wanted, red light should be in every physical circle, regardless.

Reason for red light in a direct voice circle, good clear lighting if the trumpets are being manipulated by spirit for the direct voice.

In a direct voice seance where trumpets are used it would be more evidentual in the dark as the trumpets have to make their way to the ear of the correct recipient without hitting any of the other sitters but I agree if the purpose of the sitting was just for a display of physical phenomena then it would be far more impressive in the light sunny

nick pettitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:19 am

Thats a good point nick I agree but wouldn't it be fantastic to see the trumpets speeding around by themselves in good red light

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:19 pm

Azur wrote:
nick pettitt wrote:
Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:

Independent Direct Voice does not require trumpets!

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next