SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physical mediumship in dark or light ???

+24
stelty
LeroyC
Lis
petal34
earth angel
normy
Quiet
Swordmaiden
bravo321uk
KatyKing
Left Behind
Mark74
_Leslie_
Maureen Harrison
seraphina
mac
Wes
zerdini
hiorta
obiwan
nick pettitt
Azur
Admin
Jane Lyzell
28 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Physical mediumship in dark or light ??? - Page 5 Empty Re: Physical mediumship in dark or light ???

Post by KatyKing Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Then one wishes them every success.
Spirit is not dependent darkness.
99.9% of whatever may be clamed to have happened in a black out show was faked.
The remainder imagined.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Physical mediumship in dark or light ??? - Page 5 Empty Re: Physical mediumship in dark or light ???

Post by bravo321uk Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:08 pm

Didnt Leslie flint develop in the dark? and from what I understand When Noah Zerdin took him into the light of the halls... Mr Flint was still in the darkness of a cabinet.. And from what I understand Mr Flint was not a fake..
Now In my mind if we are classing physical mediumship as being based around phenomena,, trumpet movement and the like.... Then for me that does not do what mediumship of any kind should do... and thats give evidence of the continuity of life... And in my mind Evidence should make up the biggest part of a physical mediumship circle, or demonstration.
so in turn in my mind it matters not of the conditions(dark or light) but of the evidence...
I would have sat with Leslie flint in the dark like a shot... with the hope of hearing my loved ones..
So for me i would be more interested in,,, is there transfiguration.(reconisable to the sitters in light).. is there direct voice reconisable to the sitters..(dark or light doesnt matter) is there materialisation.(in light)
And if there were any one of those things I would quite happily sit in the dark for 45 mins 1st,,,, and if there was enough energy left that spirit wanted to fly a trumpet round the room then great... But for me transfig, voice and materialisation are the meat and potatoes of physical mediumship
the rest of the stuff is the horseradish sauce.., Just my thought,x,x,x,x

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:33 pm

I sat with leslie Flint for more than ten years on a regular basis and received evidence of the continuity of life which was tape recorded.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by bravo321uk Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:02 pm

Oh my,,,, That is wonderfull. and tbh I really do not know how to respond.. I have listened to recordings online .. there was one of charlotte bronte.. and when you listen to it... your mind is searching for explanations... to which there are none,.. its clear its a woman communicating... so to ask a ridiculous question as I already know the answer... but were the communications from spirit that clear? and i know this is a bit personal... but how did having that kind of evidence effect you ? I probably shouldnt be asking... and you dont have to answer obviously.. but if you could find it in your heart to feel a moment of pity for this over enthusiastic welshman,,, it would be much appreciated Smile Smile Smile

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:11 pm

There' s a physicl medium interest site called PM4U bravo. You'll possibly find more like minded there than here .
It' all interesting stuff and each to their own.
Sadly al physical dark shows are faked and end in exposure and recriminations all round as some posters on here know all too well.
Colin Fry who is as good a mental medium working stage shows as you'll find quite literally saw the light and came across to us fron the dark [physical seance] side a few years ago.
Nostalgia aint what it used to be and its quiite touching to find a scattering of the genuine believers in dark show work amongst today's working charlatans. That genuine physical mediumship has happened is inarguable and for sure it does occur today but never in blacked out rooms with a high paying audience in attendance.
The Noahs Ark Society debacle firmly nailed the lid down on dark shows as anything approaching a respectable manifestation of Spiritualism as Mr Cranley well knows along with Colin Fry. Colin's moved on and does good work but poor old George and one or two others are like sad wraiths constantly raking over long dead ashes.
Harmless in a way but by their very persistence lending a cachet of repectability to the modern day dark show crooks.
My advice to anyone investigating Spiritualism is to avoid the physical if you can but if you must dabble then a physical circle in a well lit church or centre is your safest bet.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:36 am

bravo321uk wrote:Oh my,,,, That is wonderfull. and tbh I really do not know how to respond.. I have listened to recordings online .. there was one of charlotte bronte.. and when you listen to it... your mind is searching for explanations... to which there are none,.. its clear its a woman communicating... so to ask a ridiculous question as I already know the answer... but were the communications from spirit that clear? and i know this is a bit personal... but how did having that kind of evidence effect you ? I probably shouldnt be asking... and you dont have to answer obviously.. but if you could find it in your heart to feel a moment of pity for this over enthusiastic welshman,,, it would be much appreciated Smile Smile Smile

Yes, Bravo321, it was that clear.

When you have been able to to have conversations with loved ones in their own voice through direct voice mediumship all the nay-sayers are totally meaningless.

I have heard numerous conversations over the years and the effect is more wonderful than you can imagine in your wildest dreams.

Leslie Flint was (and still is) one of the finest independent direct voice mediums ever. Fortunately the Leslie Flint trust has preserved many of the tape recordings for all to hear on the internet.

www.leslieflint.com

Last edited by zerdini on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:41 am

bravo321uk wrote:Oh my,,,, That is wonderfull. and tbh I really do not know how to respond.. I have listened to recordings online .. there was one of charlotte bronte.. and when you listen to it... your mind is searching for explanations... to which there are none,.. its clear its a woman communicating... so to ask a ridiculous question as I already know the answer... but were the communications from spirit that clear? and i know this is a bit personal... but how did having that kind of evidence effect you ? I probably shouldnt be asking... and you dont have to answer obviously.. but if you could find it in your heart to feel a moment of pity for this over enthusiastic welshman,,, it would be much appreciated Smile Smile Smile

Yes, Bravo321, it was that clear.

When you have been able to to have conversations with loved ones in their own voice through direct voice mediumship all the nay-sayers are totally meaningless.

I have heard numerous conversations over the years and the effect is more wonderful than you can imagine in your wildest dreams.

Leslie Flint was (and still is) one of the finest independent direct voice mediums ever. Fortunately the Leslie Flint Trust has preserved many of the tape recordings for all to hear on the internet.

www.leslieflint.com

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:08 am

KatyKing wrote:There' s a physicl medium interest site called PM4U bravo. You'll possibly find more like minded there than here .
It' all interesting stuff and each to their own.
Sadly al physical dark shows are faked and end in exposure and recriminations all round as some posters on here know all too well.
Colin Fry who is as good a mental medium working stage shows as you'll find quite literally saw the light and came across to us fron the dark [physical seance] side a few years ago.
Nostalgia aint what it used to be and its quiite touching to find a scattering of the genuine believers in dark show work amongst today's working charlatans. That genuine physical mediumship has happened is inarguable and for sure it does occur today but never in blacked out rooms with a high paying audience in attendance.
The Noahs Ark Society debacle firmly nailed the lid down on dark shows as anything approaching a respectable manifestation of Spiritualism as Mr Cranley well knows along with Colin Fry. Colin's moved on and does good work but poor old George and one or two others are like sad wraiths constantly raking over long dead ashes.
Harmless in a way but by their very persistence lending a cachet of repectability to the modern day dark show crooks.
My advice to anyone investigating Spiritualism is to avoid the physical if you can but if you must dabble then a physical circle in a well lit church or centre is your safest bet.

How little actual knowledge you display, Peter O'Keefe (aka Katy King)!

There is more information about physical mediumship on this site than you will ever find on PM4U.

As a relative newcomer to this forum, Peter, you should check your statements before rushing into print.

Not all physical seances were in the dark e.g materialisation which were always held with some form of lighting.

Neither are all dark seances e.g. Leslie Flint, faked. It's this kind of nonsense perpetuated by people like you which give physical mediumship a bad name.

Colin Fry never 'saw the light' as you so quaintly put it and certainly didn't come over to your side. That statement alone reveals your ignorance of Colin's mediumship.

Neither was there any 'Noah's Ark debacle', whatever that may mean. Rolling Eyes

My advice to anyone thinking of investigating physical mediumship is to ignore people like Peter O'Keefe who has never contributed anything of value to this forum but simply rants and raves and forever tells us how wonderful he is.

This forum was much better before he decided to 'enlighten' us.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by bravo321uk Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:45 am

Thank you so much for answering Zerdini, Within your answer you can feel your conviction,, and that in its self is wonderfull.. For people like myself who in comparison are just starting there journey,, Its people like yourself that provide the link to the pioneers such as Leslie Flint.. and its my opinion that those great people should never be forgotten.
Katie Thank for your reply, I am a member of several Sites and to be honest the depth of the information and experience within this site about all subjects is why I am here. Yes i have an interest in physical mediumship And we have a developing home circle..That is developing transiguration in red light and independent voice in the dark.. I can assure you That we are not interested in what is refered as parlour games hence the type of mediumship we sit for,, obviously if spirit want to move things they are welcome to do so but that is not our aim. We also have 0 intention of going and demonstrating what we do,, As we are a home circle that just wants to sit in love with our spirit friends. we do hope one day to invite people to join us... but the same as when you invite people into your home. there will be no charge.. but my interest in mediumship doesnt stop at physical as I demonstrate mental mediumship in churches across south wales and the wealth of knoledge available on this site is invaluable to someone like me.. someone that is at the beginings of there journey as a spiritualist.. so you see for me I am hopefully already around like minded people,, people that through time i hope to be able to learn from,x,x,x,x

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:52 pm

George/z I'm called Pete Keeffe and have always published under my real name in print media. Great Grandad claimed to have dropped the O' in the Irish Sea on his way across to England in search of food and work. I advertise so am easily found and most posters on here know who I am. It's not a secret. I'm glad of the work. KatyKing was a poor joke when I joined this most collegial of fora.
I've been around as a working medium long enough [1977 first ad in TW] to have taken some slight interest in late modern Spiritualist doings in England including the career of Colin/Lincoln [as was and now a stage medium and writer of the highest order possibly the best working today] along with something of the antecedents of some former NAS alumni your good self included. I do enjoy reading your informative and informed posts. Long may you continue to do so. We may agree to differ but that, I am sure; with mutuality of both courtesy and respect.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by nick pettitt Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:59 pm

bravo321uk wrote:Thank you so much for answering Zerdini, Within your answer you can feel your conviction,, and that in its self is wonderfull.. For people like myself who in comparison are just starting there journey,, Its people like yourself that provide the link to the pioneers such as Leslie Flint.. and its my opinion that those great people should never be forgotten.
Katie Thank for your reply, I am a member of several Sites and to be honest the depth of the information and experience within this site about all subjects is why I am here. Yes i have an interest in physical mediumship And we have a developing home circle..That is developing transiguration in red light and independent voice in the dark.. I can assure you That we are not interested in what is refered as parlour games hence the type of mediumship we sit for,, obviously if spirit want to move things they are welcome to do so but that is not our aim. We also have 0 intention of going and demonstrating what we do,, As we are a home circle that just wants to sit in love with our spirit friends. we do hope one day to invite people to join us... but the same as when you invite people into your home. there will be no charge.. but my interest in mediumship doesnt stop at physical as I demonstrate mental mediumship in churches across south wales and the wealth of knoledge available on this site is invaluable to someone like me.. someone that is at the beginings of there journey as a spiritualist.. so you see for me I am hopefully already around like minded people,, people that through time i hope to be able to learn from,x,x,x,x

Sounds like you have the right idea bravo321uk, I too sit in a developing physical mediumship home circle. http://mercurystarcircle.blogspot.co.uk/ We sit mainly in full black-out conditions but also experiment in red light and full daylight conditions under the guidance of our controls. Materialization mediumship is our goal and like you we have no interest in going out and demonstrating. When the time is right we will invite guests to come and sit with us to experience evidential mediumship at no charge.

nick pettitt

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Leslie is in your neck of the woods bravo. This is an excellent forum I've not come across anything as good anywhere else I think we all get out of it far more than we ever contribute individually.
Wisdom of Crowds... etc.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:27 pm

I find it curious that Mr Keeffe (now KK has personally revealed his id) knows so much (he suggests) and has been a medium since forever yet appears to have a less-than-certain grasp of aspects which even this dumbo knows about in some detail.....

Curious, too, that he won't disclose whether he's an evidential medium, or some other variety, despite regularly blowing his own trumpet that he actually is a medium.....

And this dumbo always feels that an understanding and knowledge of the fundamentals of Modern Spiritualism (or about the message of survival) is absolutely essential for anyone purporting to be a medium or giving demonstrations (especially in Spiritualist churches) of their attribute.....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:58 pm

All too true mac but one keeps on trying.
Do I really come across as blowing my own trumpet?
I really will try harder not to seem to be doing so it is unintentional but I do rattle on so.
I've no personal gifts, just give what comes. Some of it has seemed acceptable over the years but we can all do better every tomorrow thank goodness.
I have an opener along these lines for meetings.....
Please lower your expectations of me and raise your trust and love in Spirit........
We're an optimistic people,us Spiritualists; as you surely know mac..
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:56 pm

KatyKing

All too true mac but one keeps on trying. As indeed do I....
Do I really come across as blowing my own trumpet? yes - very much so....
I really will try harder not to seem to be doing so Better, surely, not to do it rather than not to seem to be doing it....? it is unintentional Fine but it's not what comes over.... but I do rattle on so. I'm not usually so unkind as to raise that point but I don't disagree with you.....
I've no personal gifts, just give what comes. So what does that mean, I wonder? Is it that you don't feel you have the gift of mediumship or are you meaning other "personal gifts"? I'm struggling with the way you're expressing things here.............Some of it has seemed acceptable over the years but we can all do better Some of what has seemed acceptable....?every tomorrow thank goodness. as for us all.....
I have an opener along these lines for meetings.....
Please lower your expectations of me and raise your trust and love in Spirit [/color]........
We're an optimistic people,us Spiritualists; as you surely know mac.. Optimism tempered with realism, I'd hope?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:07 pm

You know I think I can see a glimmer of (very slight though it may be) of understanding amongst more of us - how happy am I Wink
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:27 pm

_Leslie_ wrote:You know I think I can see a glimmer of (very slight though it may be) of understanding amongst more of us - how happy am I Wink

Even among individuals nominally of the same persuasion communication can be difficult.

Sometimes it's down to folk not properly reading - or reading at all - others' points before they put cyber pen to paper. That's a major problem when those points are made only in writing. Sometimes it's down to other issues....

It's to be hoped that the glimmer of understanding becomes brighter for those who need it. Then there's likely to be more who are happy along with yourself.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:13 pm

mac wrote:
_Leslie_ wrote:You know I think I can see a glimmer of (very slight though it may be) of understanding amongst more of us - how happy am I Wink

Even among individuals nominally of the same persuasion communication can be difficult.

Sometimes it's down to folk not properly reading - or reading at all - others' points before they put cyber pen to paper. That's a major problem when those points are made only in writing. Sometimes it's down to other issues....

It's to be hoped that the glimmer of understanding becomes brighter for those who need it. Then there's likely to be more who are happy along with yourself.
Agreed Smile
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Very Happy How good it is when brethren dwell together in unity.
We're all of us stumbling towards knowing fully what we only get glimpses of on this side.
Life's too short for falling out.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Swordmaiden Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:32 pm

I just read the previous posts about Paul McElhoney. I was married to him when he was at the height of his mediumship. I have to say that he was treated unfairly by the tabloid press at the time and by many people who had supported him and used him. Very sad business.
Swordmaiden
Swordmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:15 pm

Who is/was Paul McElhoney?
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Found him. 'Physical medium' exposed as a fraud by News of the World newspaper in the eighties. At least if Paul's still on this side he'll have had the satisfaction of witnessing the demise of that odious rag. Fraudulent mediums are amongst the lowest of the low but tabloid journalists occupy a position several rungs lower.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Well, as said previously in a different thread, I saw him (and knew him - he also did healing and very well as I remember), was asked to search him... and though never found / saw anything 'wrong' - didn't feel comfortable wit hit all.
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:51 pm

I know of at least one medium who was and is a top rate mental demonstrator who as an eager to please youth was taken up by the physical impressarios and treated like a performing dog by them. They made a mint off his back but he took all the flak after the inevitable exposure.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Swordmaiden wrote:I just read the previous posts about Paul McElhoney. I was married to him when he was at the height of his mediumship. I have to say that he was treated unfairly by the tabloid press at the time and by many people who had supported him and used him. Very sad business.

Welcome to the forum, Swordmaiden. Hope you stay around and contribute more Smile

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next