SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

+2
obiwan
mac
6 posters

Go down

spirit communication by incarnate individuals? Empty spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

Post by mac Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:58 pm

How does the following grab you?

Certain mediums claim that on occasion their contact is with the spirit of a living person, sometimes wishing to pass on a message, or wanting to give guidance for a sitter or another person. I confess I am puzzled by this phenomenon and would like to understand more.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of such occurrences? How commonplace are they? Is there anything to be cautious about in such communications?

It's made me question what I thought I knew about evidential mediumship.... silent

mac

Back to top Go down

spirit communication by incarnate individuals? Empty Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

Post by obiwan Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:08 pm

There was quite an interesting example of that in an edition of Sixth Sense with Colin Fry. There was good evidence that the message was from the son of one of the audience members. The son had been in a persistent vegetative state as a result of being struck by lightning. I watched it only recently and found it to be quite evidential.

Last edited by obiwan on Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total

obiwan

Back to top Go down

spirit communication by incarnate individuals? Empty Re: spirit communication by incarnate individuals?

Post by Admin Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:45 am

Hmm Mac, I had a very interesting one during of all thing's a demonstration of flower reading.

I held this flower and got a strong maternal feeling but I knew this was a living person. I asked who's flower it was because the lady wanted these people to contact her so she would know they were alright.

It was a Mexican couple who had arrived to live in Adelaide 4 weeks before after living with his mother. They had not sent any messages to her and felt guilty about it.

In my experience I find most of the messages are like that you know the person is alive and it normally involves a wish for contact
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:47 am

In a similiar vein - about a year ago I gave a message to a woman at a Sunday meeting. It involved a detailed description of a gentleman who had been the woman's step-father many years earlier. The message included a detailed description of his features, clothing style (very distinct and unusual), his relationship with the woman, etc, etc.

The woman had not been in contact with this man for many years, and rather assumed that he must have died. She did some searching and discovered that he was in fact still alive, though very elderly and had been longing to find a way to re-connect with her. In the process of finding and contacting the man, the woman also re-united with a half-sister and facing a time of serious ill-health now has some important family to look to for support.

I feel that sometimes spirit also give mediums this kind of information because in their wisdom they know there is a need for those people to reconnect. On other occasions, it may well be as what happened in Jim's case. The living person is, at a deep spiritual level, reaching out trying to make contact and this need is perceived by the medium.

Such examples, whether from a person apparently in a vegetative state, or someone living 1000's of miles away or someone who has lost contact with a love one, may also really highlight the innate ability of us all, when incarnate and discarnate, to make contact with those we love and wish to reach out to.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:55 am

I have read that the Australian Aboriginal (what an awful term for an ancient people) can consciously keep in touch across time and distance, in much the same way as per mobile phone.
I recall Albert Best telling me of an experience he had very similar to this faculty. I posted it on here a while ago, but the gist of it was that on an unplanned visit to Africa he went for a stroll one morning to find a local man had been waiting 3 or so days for him at this place, then beckoned for Albert to follow him to a straw hut deep in the bush, where the man became entranced and to Albert's delight and astonishment, his entire family materialised.
A joyous reunion was a massive understatement.

From this we can safely make several assumptions as to the nature of reality and how little of it we really know.
And from that, perhaps that this is where we might profitably begin to inwardly develop.
As we learn and earn we can expand, with there being no shortcuts.

Last edited by hiorta on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:50 am

Interesting accounts, guys. thanks! Smile

Gotta figure out their significance....if any. Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:21 pm

The more I read about this,Mac,the more 'remote thoughts' comes into question.
J.
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:39 pm

petal34 wrote:The more I read about this,Mac,the more 'remote thoughts' comes into question.
J.

I've heard little more than anecdotes on this subject and it leads me to conclude that the evidence is far from compelling....

I don't doubt that such connections can occasionally occur but for me it's not evidential mediumship although I can accept that it might have great benefit in certain situations.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down