SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pineal Gland.

4 posters

Go down

The Pineal Gland. Empty The Pineal Gland.

Post by petal34 Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:20 pm

I'm no medical person,know very little about the physical body except where me arms amd legs are,etc.

But where is the physical part of the body where the soul is supposed to be housed?

I have read it is to be located around the crown area or some such rubbish.
Or the physical heart,more rubbish.
I believe the physical shell of us,holds the soul,protects and nourishes it.

Why do only some people have the gift of mediumship?
Where does this gift come from?
What part of the body holds and produces this gift.

I have heard and read it originates from the Pineal gland,a small gland which I believe is located
somewhere around the back of the neck or base of the skull.

Not sure if I am right,please correct me if wrong.

petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

The Pineal Gland. Empty Re: The Pineal Gland.

Post by zerdini Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:01 pm

I have heard and read it originates from the Pineal gland,a small gland which I believe is located
somewhere around the back of the neck or base of the skull.

Not sure if I am right,please correct me if wrong.

You can read all about the pineal gland in Wikipedia, Joan.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Sometimes it has been noted that information from Wikipedia has been incorrect. Very Happy

petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:46 pm

petal34 wrote:Sometimes it has been noted that information from Wikipedia has been incorrect. Very Happy

What makes you think it will be any different on any forum?

In all such matters we should use common sense. At least, on Wikipedia, if errors are found they can be corrected.

As far as the pineal gland is concerened any medical textbook can be consulted and you will find the location of the pineal gland is the same as stated on Wikipedia. Smile

The function of the pineal gland is open to interpretation particularly among students of metaphysics.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:30 pm

zerdini wrote:
petal34 wrote:Sometimes it has been noted that information from Wikipedia has been incorrect. Very Happy

What makes you think it will be any different on any forum?

In all such matters we should use common sense. At least, on Wikipedia, if errors are found they can be corrected.

As far as the pineal gland is concerened any medical textbook can be consulted and you will find the location of the pineal gland is the same as stated on Wikipedia. Smile

The function of the pineal gland is open to interpretation particularly among students of metaphysics.

Very Happy
I understand what you are saying,Z.

petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:23 pm

"But where is the physical part of the body where the soul is supposed to be housed?" Avoiding the metaphysical guff, my sense is that there is no single body part in which the soul might be located - and no single part from which the soul is missing. It's another controversial area what the soul vs. the spirit is but I don't see it as an important argument.

How I see matters is that our soul/spirit permeates and iterpenetrates all areas of our physical body. It's in all places of our body, from the largest structures to the tiniest parts....

I think I learned that many years ago.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:20 am

mac wrote:"But where is the physical part of the body where the soul is supposed to be housed?" Avoiding the metaphysical guff, my sense is that there is no single body part in which the soul might be located - and no single part from which the soul is missing. It's another controversial area what the soul vs. the spirit is but I don't see it as an important argument.

How I see matters is that our soul/spirit permeates and iterpenetrates all areas of our physical body. It's in all places of our body, from the largest structures to the tiniest parts....

I think I learned that many years ago.

That's what I was told,was wondering what other's opinions were.
Thanks Mac.
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:39 am

As Professor Joad used to say: "it depends what you mean by"...........

The physical body is connected to the spiritual body by a cord known as the silver cord because of its colour (actually bluey-grey). This performs a similar function to the umbilical cord at birth.

When that cord is severed, by natural means or through an accident, then that is when you 'die'.

'You' continue to live in your spiritual body which is suited to life in the spirit world.

As long as the silver cord is attached you are able to move away from your body during sleep state and very often gain experience of the next dimension which helps when you eventually make the transition.

'You', the 'soul', (for want of a better word) will shed many bodies as you move through various states of existence on an eternal journey.

I've tried to put it as simply as I can.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:07 am

Thank you,Z

I have read most of that before in Anthony Borgia's book and very interesting it was too.

I was asking about the Pineal gland because I had read somewhere,that it has a lot to do with pyschic awareness or so I was told or led to believe.

I was wondering what the difference was in this gland between a medium or a pyschic, and a person who is not gifted in either way..

cheers

petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:18 am

From a medical viewpoint the location and function of the pineal gland is well known.

Metaphysically it is known as the Brow chakra or "the third eye" which is said to be the origin of clairvoyance.

Descartes called it, the 'Seat of the Soul'.

Everyone is psychic because we are all spiritual beings temporarily living in a physical body. cheers

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:56 am

Thank you very much,Mr.Z.

That is the information I was after but was led to believe that gland was located at the back of the head near the top of the neck.
Somewhere round about there. Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:49 pm

Don't believe everything you were led to believe!! Laughing

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Is it the pituitary gland you're mistaking it for - somewhere near the base of the skull / top of the spine?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi Mac and Z.

I am darned sure that what I read said it was placed at the base of the skull.
Alright Z,will go and have a look at Wiki what's its name and see what it says.
Very Happy

But it definately reported that this organ was thought to have something to do with pyschic ability wherever the darn thing was.
Rolling Eyes
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Rather surprising but I found something else about the Pineal gland.

It produces small amounts of Triptophan,which is also produced in Bananas.
The name rang a bell with me.
When my first marriage broke up,I wasn't sleeping or able to sleep beyond a few hours.
Plus I also suffered from IBS.

I was given a script for Triptophan which stopped the IBS and enabled me to sleep.
It is also produced by the Pineal gland in small amounts.

We are always learning,arn't we?

Found on Wki!
Take note please,Z!
Wink
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:03 pm

petal34 wrote:Hi Mac and Z.

I am darned sure that what I read said it was placed at the base of the skull.
Alright Z,will go and have a look at Wiki what's its name and see what it says.
Very Happy

But it definately reported that this organ was thought to have something to do with pyschic ability wherever the darn thing was.
Rolling Eyes

It is believed to be so Joan but only in a metaphysical sense - there is no actual evidence that it is so.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:05 pm

petal34 wrote:Rather surprising but I found something else about the Pineal gland.

It produces small amounts of Triptophan,which is also produced in Bananas.
The name rang a bell with me.
When my first marriage broke up,I wasn't sleeping or able to sleep beyond a few hours.
Plus I also suffered from IBS.

I was given a script for Triptophan which stopped the IBS and enabled me to sleep.
It is also produced by the Pineal gland in small amounts.

We are always learning,arn't we?

Found on Wki!
Take note please,Z!
Wink

Yes I read that Joan - glad it helped you though. Smile

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:30 pm

I didn't realise bananas could help you to sleep.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:19 pm

obiwan wrote:I didn't realise bananas could help you to sleep.

They only contain a small amount,Obiwan.

Though I wouldn't fancy eating a large amount of bananas before sleep,would give you indigestion problems.

Hot milk is better,not sure whether I read somewhere that heating milk brings up the Triptophan in it.

Joanie
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:23 pm

"Hot milk is better,not sure whether I read somewhere that heating milk brings up the Triptophan in it."

I used to think that was just a story. I've read since that it does actually work but I can't remember why.

Good to see you back, obi.... Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum